NYJ/KC - Draft Positioning Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Dec 23, 2007.

1. TampaBayJetsFan85

It may sound crazy because we need to much help on the D-Line and O-Line... And even a slot WR... But if we can lock up K.Rhodes, I think its a great idea to go after the best Safety in the past 3-4 years... Kenny Phillips from Miami. With Revis, Phillips and Rhodes... Thats some defensive backfield with Harris and Vilma playing ILB

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

6th pick sounds good to me. Chiefs pick ahead of us which is right. The Jets are the better team.

3. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Are you guys sure the Falcons pick ahead of us?

4. surge511

surge511 New Member

I absolutely hate the Jets. We couldn't buy a win the entire fucking season and now with a chance to get our RB for the next era of Jets football, we miss out. Great. I hope in 10 years when we see McFadden running all over us you are happy that we went 4-12 in 2007 instead of 3-13. There was no reason to win today. I toss this up to SOJ. Same old Jets. Always.

5. Pride

Pride New Member

I love Phillips also but he really doesnt warrant the #6 pick to me.

6. TampaBayJetsFan85

lol... No way in hell the Raiders pass up on McFadden... Last year they drafted J.Russell whos now the starting QB... This year they take the best RB in D.McFadden... A strong armed QB with one hell of a runningback is pretty good

7. Pride

Pride New Member

The Chiefs are likely to take Jake Long. But hey if your happy im happy knowing theres no one we want going to be available at our pick

8. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I don't see why we can't get mcfadden
    Fins-RB is the least of the fins needs (could trade down, but that wouldn't matter if we were picking 3 or 6)
    Rams-Stephen Jackson, enough said
    Falcons-Way too many holes, plus norwood and dunn are a formiable combo
    Raiders-IMO probably the best shot at taking him...Fargas had a great season, but is he the answer? You never know though with Al Davis
    Chiefs-LJ, too many holes on there o-line, aging secondary

9. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

This is stupid thinking on a couple of different levels.

First of all, as I said earlier, we could still get McFadden. Miami, KC, and STL all have franchise backs. Plus, ATL has Norwood and Dunn, and far bigger needs on either side of the ball. Same with Oakland, who has Al Davis running the show.

Second of all, who says McFadden is a lock? Reggie Bush was supposed to be life changing! How's that working out?

10. Salz

Salz New Member

I hope we take the best available front 7 player.

11. Salz

Salz New Member

We need a Vince Wilfork type.

12. Pride

Pride New Member

BY the way McFadden will not slip by oakland. They never let great talents slip for any reason. Your reasoning behind them passing on him is Justin Fargas? Also pair that with the fact we will have no Jake or Chris Long. Hopefully we get Vernon Gholston

13. Pride

Pride New Member

There isnt one available in the top ten

14. Penning10toColes

You're right, I'm just saying I don't trust Al Davis to do the right thing, that's all.

My larger point is that everyone's treating McFadden like he's the Messiah...I mean, we've heard this song before, haven't we? No reason to panic yet.

15. phatnols

phatnols Member

Dunn has one yr left on his contract is 3-4 mil savings if they cut him and would you want Norwood getting the bone 20 times a game?????

Oak who knows what they do?

And plus the draft is a long way from now anything can happen. McFadden could drop like a fly or we have the next Mario Williams becoming the next #1 pick.

Woody saved a bundle winning this game.. so conspiracy theory it is

#2 pick last yr C Johnson 6 yrs 64 mil 27.4 gauranteed
    #6 pick last yr L Landry 5 yrs 41.5 mil 17.94 guarenteed

I think Atlanta has Mc Fadden locked up after that I have no clue where the Jets would go in the draft. Hopefully Gholston's stock doesnt rise too much

16. Penning10toColes

If Gholston's picked ahead of us, that means someone slips down.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Reggie Bush ring a bell? Once in a lifetime player that was a can't miss and 2 years in and he is already being called a bust. What is McFadden going to give you when you have the garbage blocking that Jones and Leon have? Nothing different than what Jones and Leon are giving you. I'm fine with Jones and Leon give me some OL and we're fine.

18. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

What a bunch of assholes. Nugent is such a piece of shit. He is so inconsistent all the time then the only time all year I;m not cheering for him to make it he nails two in a row. Same old, same old......just typical.

19. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

wut if that someone is someone we dont want or need. say atl doesnt take matt ryan and take d-mac. gholston moves up to oakland. that leaves us with......who exactly??? chris long is going to stl.

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Keep dreaming that either Miami, St. Louis, Atlanta, KC, or Oakland won't take a QB. We have the 6th pick in the draft, we'll draft someone that will help out our team greatly.