Giants-Pats Game Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Canadian, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I rank it like this:

1)Ravens
    2)Giants
    3)Eagles
    4)Jets

In terms of teams that had a real shot to win the games, out of the 16.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Colts choked away a late lead vs NE, they should be No.1 or No.2 on the list. Dallas was on and off with them and I'd give them No.6 on that list.

3. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I'd make my list:

1a. Colts (without injuries I truly believe the Colts would have beaten them)
    1b. Ravens (without shit calls I truly believe the Ravens would have beaten them)
    2. Giants
    3. Eagles
    4. Jets

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

you're right, Colts should be on there.

1)Ravens
    2)Giants
    3)Colts
    4)Eagles
    5)Cowboys
    6)Jets

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I think Ravens are the clear #1. No one else came that close. It really went down to it. The Ravens HAD THEM STOPPED like four times, but the timeout by a guy who shouldn't have been allowed to call it, the penalties, etc.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

1. Ravens
    2. Colts
    3. Eagles
    4. Giants
    5. Jets

6. Cowboys

The Cowboys never really had a shot. Much like Al Bundy knowing nothing good would ever happen to him, I know the Cowboys will never come through for me.
    I only have them as high as 6 because all the 2007 Patriots opponents not mentioned in this here post were not remotely competitive.

7. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

How can anyone complain about the calls the Ravens got in the Pats game? They were blatantly manhandling Moss the entire game.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

haha, I know about your animus for Dallas, but they were leading the game in the 3rd quarter which is more than the vast majority of the teams can say.

9. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Some insane and pathetic things have been said in this thread that I'm not going to bother pointing out only because it's a game thread and in the heat of a moment or just after a tough loss we all have a tendency to say stupid shit.

This won't be seen again for a longgg time and who knows, maybe in a few weeks you guys will be happy that the Pats won tonight so that you can always gloat and mock Pats trolls such as I by saying "whats that? you went 16-0 but then got bounced by the immortal Jags. pussy chockers." This achievement doesn't mean shit starting in 2 weeks.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

the ultimate goal is the super bowl but to go 16-0 is still a remarkable achievement, and the video game numbers Brady, Moss, and Welker put up for the first half of the season will stick.

11. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Wow. Jealous much?

Be happy you got to see history, and you will be able to tell your kids you witnessed the greatest team of all time.

So much hate on here. Sucks for y'all it's a rival team, but come on.

12. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Mex we might have to get a sig bet or something going for next week's game.

I'm almost afraid to, though. Everything bad in my life can somehow be traced back to Jeff Garcia.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Well, they must win the Super Bowl. I am still not convinced they are better than the Colts.

I know you cannot relate, what with the Buccaneers changing divisions two times in their history. They don't have a rivalry with anybody that could compare to Jets-Patriots. At one time or another, they've been division rivals of the Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Bears, Vikings, Lions, Packers, Panthers, Falcons, and Saints.

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

got one thing right! :grin:

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Read the posts on this thread. You guys wouldn't know class if you tripped over it.

Crying and whining the whole game!

16. Quack

Quack New Member

We all know the old saying "There's a holding call on every play." And while it isn't completely true, holding is a lot more common than most people notice. I have watched the Patriots get away with more blatant (emphasis on the blatant, not on the more) holding calls than I have ever seen before. You can spot the offensive line getting beaten by defenders but dragging them down by the jerseys and actually getting to the point of wrapping up and dragging down at times. Despite how ridiculous this is to see, the referees in Patriots games seem to be completely blind to holding. More than the cheating scandal, more than Belichick rubbing it in the league's faces by running the spread offense (And while McDaniels runs it, he sure as hell didn't design it), this biased refereeing is what ruins it for me. He runs a spread offense in the pros? Who cares. You guys have the best QB in the game and one of the top QBs of all time as well as a ridiculously talented, yet characteristically balanced group of receivers, why the hell shouldn't you? You already got punished for the cheating, so that's in the past.

Most of the time, I hate refs for shackling the game and interfering with play. When it has come to the Patriots this season, however, you've had one team with a hand tied behind its back by the refs and the other one given a pair of brass knuckles. One horse is doped and the other is hopped up. It is just plain fricking wrong and the Patriots probably still could have gone 16-0 a different way: Without blatant interference from the zebras.

17. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Good thing we have a salary cap in the NFL to guarantee parity.

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

how could a Jets fan not hate the Patriots?

Look at the friggin' history.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

could you please troll elsewhere? Thanks

20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

A point you disagree with makes me a "Troll"?