The Pats will go 16-0 BUT

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by #1 Jets Fan, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Go Giants!

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

What I wouldn't give if this would be true. But everything almost always goes the way of the Evil Empire, I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego finally won a playoff game against Jacksonville then conveniently got slapped around by the Pats as usual while the banged up Colts lose in the playoffs and give the Pats a virtual bye through the Super Bowl.

3. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I agree.. The weather has played a factor on a couple plays here and there, but the way I look at it.. It's the same for the other team as well. The thing is that the Pats can morph into any style you want to play.. Some say they don't have a running game.. Well, they haven't had to use it since their passing game is so efficient.. Let's face it... It's not like the Pats haven't played in bad weather before.. The Giants are up this week, so hopefully they can beat them, and match up well with the G men.. G-Men are a pretty physical bunch.. We'll see if they are a "finesse" team.. :wink:

4. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

jax is going to play pitt most likely with san diego playing either TENN or CLE

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't see the Giants as much of a threat to the Pats. Maybe in a blizzard.

6. Coltsfan18

Coltsfan18 New Member

they better not lose their first playoff game. I want the Colts to knock them out at home. How sweet will that be

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'd prefer they don't meet the Colts this year in the playoffs because after last year Belichick will bomb-drop the Colts for 50 points and have Polian screaming foul play for 6 months.

8. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

San Diego won't be able to play the Pats till the final game, as they will have the 3 seed. Pitt will get Jax first round, and San Diego will get Cleveland/Tenn

So NE vs. Jax or Pitt (Pittsburgh has no chance) Jacksonsville does, but here's the problem: if NE puts up a couple quick scores, Jax might have to abandon their running attack and Garrard cannot beat NE in a passing contest. If Jacksonville can hold NE to lke 10 points in their first four possessions, they might be able to wear down the NE defense and win. Very unlikely. So NE advances

Indy vs Chargers (CHargerswill win, but play a lot closer game than it ever should be against Tenn/Cleveland. Cleve won't be able to handle the playoff pressure, Tennesee just does not have enough offense to compete with SD for 60 minutes.)

Now against Indy, here is the weird thing. San Diego just seems to have Indy's number. Peyton really struggles with the SD 3-4, and the SD offense matches up real well against Indy and they have LT. So SD (the forgotten team) advances

NE versus San Diego (Chamiponship Game) As close as it was last year, I just do not see how the Chargers win. Rivers just cannot get it done through the air, and Bellichek will, as always, find a way to neutralize the opponents best weapom, so they will have 8, 9 in the box, do lots of middle blitzes and middle stunts and dare Rivers to beat them through the air. Which he can't.

So NE goes to the Super Bowl ( I DO NOT WANT THIS, and almost everyone here does not want this) but I just do not see the Patriots NOT making the SB with the way that the playoffs are laid out. If Indy can find a way to beat San Diego they have a shot, but I just do not see them beating San Diego. It is like the Jets versus Jacksonville. The matchup just really favors one team.

The only team that can beat NE in the Super Bowl is GB, but I do not think they are making it.

The chamapgne stays on ice forever for the 72 Dolphins I fear.

9. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Good read. I wouldn't mind seeing this play out. :)