It sucks not being in the play-offs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ScotlandJet, Dec 24, 2007.

1. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

It's the holiday season and I have a lot of time to exchange on this board- beware. First off happy Christmas to all GangGreen, this board is the greatest!

It sucks not being in the playoff shake up. I have to say that this time of year there is nothning more exciting than being "alive" in the play off hunt, it makes having the relations over for Christmas dinner bearable and gives an edge to a great time of year. Lets have your holiday season stories. I'll begin because it's my ball.

Who can forget the 2002/3 season when the N.E Prats beat the Dogfish with a Viniteri field goal whislt the Jet faithful were at the meadowlands waiting on a miracle? Oh man, that game against the 'Pack' still gives me goosbumps, with this new kid on the block, Pennington, I was convinced we were going to the SB and promised my wife a new kitchen if I didn't blow our savings going the SB. Needles to say Rich gannon and his cheapshots did for us and my wife is still waiting on her new kitchen!

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Those were the days man. Merry Christmas to you too.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well all we need are good players & what happen this year would not have occurred. Not sure if you heard the broadcast yesterday but Randy Cross a ex OLman said we have 1 good OLman & the rest are semi decent. His observation of the DL was just as bad. To win you need players with talent & alibilty & sorry to say at this moment outside of a few here & there we are totally lacking in that department which is why we stink

4. JetsLookingforDWare

It's not like we'd go anywhere if we made the playoffs anyway.

5. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

All we need is a coach to kick these guys in the ass next year. Mangini was good last year, now he became soft..

6. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

I miss the days of Pennington leading the Jets into the playoffs year after year as well, there may have been a Superbowl trip in there if not for those Raider dynastys and Doug Brien not being able to make 1 of 3 game winners.

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Those were the good days man... I Hope things get better i mean it cant get any worse. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year

8. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

9. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

I agree, it sucks when you know that you are officially out of the playoffs in any sport.

Onto next season, are you optimistic or pessimistic about your chances of making the playoffs next season?

10. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Yeah, well it's always good to root against the Cheatriots.

11. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Um, you left off the "*"

:smile:

12. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Get used to it, Pennington leads the Jets in almost all postseason QB stats and he is leaving.

It's not like Jets history is full of moments like the ones you mentioned. My favorite is the SD game, still think its the best Jets game I have ever seen. Hell, we should have beat Pittsburgh, not bad for a man with no arm.

Damn thing is for one split second in yesterdays game I saw that new kid on that nasty play action. God damn line blocked finally gave him a few secs and bam! 48 yards down field in stride, not too bad for a man with no arm.

13. JetsLookingforDWare

If we fix the O-lines in FA, draft McFadden, good DE, and DE/OLB in the draft I think we can contend for a wild card next year.

14. ShutEmDownRevis

that Chargers game was a great game.

Steelers game was intense too.

I think we played something like 3 OT games in a row at that point.

I agree it is very painful to see Pennington come back. He has all the tools you would want in a QB except decent arm strength.

15. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Speaking of CP, Charlie Casserly said CP should look for a dome team or some place warm when he is cut (salary cap, he said he is due to make 6 million next year), the second comment made me sick, as I immediately thought about Miami.

16. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

On the money RD. It's like being married to a broad like Jessica Simpson and screwing an old hooker and waiting to get found out.

17. ShutEmDownRevis

^^ wtf? I dont get that one.

18. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

hey, if to chad goes to miami....that means our defense gets more turnovers in the season and maybe our defense will score more too!!!:)

19. Coltsfan18

Coltsfan18 New Member

I don't know what you're talking about. My team is in the playoffs

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Playoffs??? Playoffs???