NYJ/KC - Draft Positioning Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Dec 23, 2007.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I agree, but the NFL doesn't see it our way. Man....... Baltimore has sucked ass the last half of the season. I thought the Jet's offense sucked, Baltimore's is the worst. That team has a bunch of quitters.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I honestly can't see the Jets losing to the Chiefs. I guess it is #6 or #7 pick for GangGreen.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I can see us taking Vernon Gholston, because he is expected to have a MONSTER Combine and game in the BCS Championship. He will raise his stock up like a beast. That is the guy mangini will be after since I can see Chris Long to Miami and Glenn Dorsey to St Louis.

Maybe Woody Johnson steps in and hopes drafting McFadden sells more Jerseys and tickets though. That can always happen.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Not Really, since the season is almost over the PCTs won't change that drastically. What is important the are Jet's are 3-12 & KC 4-11......we beat KC and have the same record as Oak & Balt and they lose, the Jets will draft behind KC, OAK and Balt.

BTW......Oakland plays SD......Balt plays Pittsburg.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Jets losing assures....2nd or 3rd at worst. Win 6th or 7th....you're right on.

#45 WW85, Dec 23, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I do not know a great deal about the defensive line for the chiefs, but if they have any size we will have our share of problems.

If the Jets win; great - even though they have had a horrible season; they played hard for Mangini in pretty much all of their games. I do not expect them to mail it in for the last game.

It will be interesting to see if Clemens starts. Not sure if anybody can read into it, too much. If he doesn't start it could be that the injury he sustained was much more painful than they let the media know about.

I don't see this as a very exciting game. I see it alot like today's game with the Titans.

I can't worry about draft position until all is decided. I will say that for all of the Jets woes this year, they deserve to get somebody really good in the draft.

7. TampaBayJetsFan85

Well I can never root against the Jets... So I guess it looks like im not gonna be watching the damn game because I dont see a good enough reason to beat the Chiefs... I have brain washed myself on drafting D.McFadden that its not even funny. All these youtube highlights of McFadden and watching him during saturday highlights is simply unhealthy

8. BakerMaker

After watching today's game, Jared Allen will be screaming like a giddy schoolgirl after watching the tape.

Hes going to rock Pennington harder then his car.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I can't root for the Jet's to lose, it's not in my blood. I was just showing the options of all the scenarios next week.

Since you love Mcfadden, like I do also....here's a little tidbit.....

Jets lose vs KC and STl beats ARIZONA....Jets get the 2nd pick and mostly likely....DMC

10. BakerMaker

So Basically its gonna be.....

If you win, Vernon Gholston will be the pick

If you lose, Darren McFadden will be the pick.

Both are studs from what I have seen, so I wont be mad with the pick and a win over stupid Herm Edwards is always good.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We all already know how this is going to play out. It is a gaurantee that the Jets win against KC to take themselves out of the running for Mcfadden, gauranteed.

12. TampaBayJetsFan85

Well it really dont matter about the Rams as long as we are picking ahead of Atlanta... The Rams already have a superstar running back in S.Jackson so I dont see them drafting DMC.... The Dolphins kinda scare me but at the same time, they are in no position to draft a RB unless the trade R.Brown for draft picks and then draft McFadden

13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Vernon Gholston would be THE PERFECT fit for our defense and would start day one at one of the OLB positions.

I hope the Jets win sunday.

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Did you see the size of the Titans offensive line relative to our defensive line; after 3 minutes of watching the game I knew we were going to lose.

I think the Titans would have beaten us by a lot more if they utilized their running game on us more. Sooner or later we would have had to wear out and be like putty in their hands and they would have been ripping off 8 and 9 yards at will.

15. TampaBayJetsFan85

No such thing as a For sure pick when it comes to OLB's in the draft... Even Gholston may struggle at the NFL level...

But players like McFadden and A.Peterson are the sure thing at RB

16. BakerMaker

Only thing KC lacks that TEN has is a stud DT like TEN has with Haynesworth. Allen is like the Jason Taylor of the AFC West, Hali from PSU is raw but has some talent. LB core has Donnie Edwards whose old but a good player, Derrick Johnson who is a beast and Napoleon Harris who is decent. Law and Surtain are decent but old and get burned often.

That Chiefs offense though...........If LJ and Kennison dont play, the lone threat is Tony Gonzalez and he will have to block often like Baker because of their AWFUL O-Line. Jets D will get their shots on Croyle and Kolby Smith who isnt terrible shouldent kill us.

It will be a ugly low scoring game in all likelihood so who knows. We will probably win like we tend to do in the final game of the year.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The way Huard played today, he should start over Croyle.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Given what you say; it may come down to if their defense can score points on us or if we have some significant special teams plays.

19. BakerMaker

Did Herm pull the ''future'' out for Huard? Thats wierd on his part then....

Oh and add Dwayne Bowe to the KC playmaking on offense. Hes a very good player.

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Croyle hurt his hand making a tackle after an INT.