Patriots are next...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by redneckjet, Dec 9, 2007.

1. sayuki

sayuki New Member

but, coolworx, in 40 years jets have 1 championship win and giants only have 2, which is 1 more. so for only 1 more win you think jets are lesser???

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

どっか行って! ...どっか行って! ...

3. Coolworx

Coolworx New Member

Slightly... ya.

:)

I'm just givin' you guys the gears.
    In actuality, I appreciate loyalty thru diversity.

I guess my hackles get a little raised when opposing fans act as if New England fans never suffered.

4. sayuki

sayuki New Member

hahaha... why do you know Japanese??

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

No offense to you (judging by your join date, you're probably not a 'new' New England fan) but a lot of New England fans haven't suffered.... Patriot Nation, Red Sox Nation.... That hasn't always been there....

6. sayuki

sayuki New Member

日本語がじょうずじゃん!

ニューヨークジェツのファンって面白い!

7. Coolworx

Coolworx New Member

Ohhh... ya... and like Dallas Cowboy fans in Minneapolis, Greensboro, and Tallahassee during the early 90's didn't swell the ranks with "bandwagon pink hats".

And just why is it that I see Yankee caps out here in the Canadian rockies?

Winners attract hanger-ons. It doesn't mean that many, MANY Pats/Sox fans haven't waited patiently for this 'horn of plenty'.

#247 Coolworx, Dec 13, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  8. sayuki

sayuki New Member

haha red sox for 90 years had no championship so maybe many fan were suffering for that.

9. sayuki

sayuki New Member

yankees ヤンキーズ are very popular so you even see yankees's baseball cap all over the world.

10. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll New Member

I'm just wondering about your comment, I have heard this put out as an insult. My position is this, if the team stinks, why would I continue to GO to the games and line the pocket of a management I may feel doesn't have my interest as a fan at heart. I may still support the team, watch on TV, follow in the papers, wear their gear, but that doesn't mean I HAVE to go to the game to be a fan.

If the fandom continues to attend games despite the suckitude of the management, doesn't that just make them lemmings? Suckers?

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Can't disagree with that. I wish Jets fan would find some way to hurt our management where it counts, in the pocket. The problem is there is such a long wait for season tickets that even giving them up would be meaningless because somebody else would come along and buy them.

The best thing they can do and it appears are doing is to boycott the games. It isn't much that they will lose but at least it's something. Some concession money anyway.

You shouldn't be able to own a franchise unless you are a fan first. Look at the successful franchises now. They are owned by people like Steinbrenner, Kraft, Henry, Cuban, Jones and maybe even Snyder although he is just dumb. There are probably others I am forgetting. Those clubs are successful because the owners are huge fans and care about making the teams successful more then lining their pockets with more money that they don't need and could never spend anyway.

#251 Don, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Being a fan of a team means sticking with them through thick and thin. Having a casual interest and supporting them only when they win is called a front runner.

My intent was not to put Boston down, I loved living in Boston but it's just a fact that my experience in Boston when your teams weren't very good was a total lack of support. The Pats have clearly won over a new generation of football fans, it will be interesting to see if they stick by them through a rough patch or if they take your view that if they are losers supporting the team would make those fans lemmings and suckers.

I'm a lemming if I support a losing team by implication means you probably think you’re supporting a winning team makes you a winner. Clearly your lack of spine with dealing with adversity with any sense of loyalty shows that not to be the case.

The flip side is that small group that lived through and supported those Boston teams when they weren't that good have had that loyalty rewarded. Besides the enjoyment that they share with the fair weather fans like yourself, they probably have a deeper sense of satisfaction in the good times.

#252 winstonbiggs, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Ted Johnson was asked about lining up against the fiends of Hell to protect BB and he said: "ummm, (drool), I think . . . what . . .?"

14. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Take the Jets and the points.
    I can't believe no one has caught on how the Pats are making millions keeping these games close the last few weeks.
    Check their bank accounts.

15. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

[​IMG]

All I want for Christmas...

[​IMG]

...is an upset win against the Patriots by the Jets!

16. BillBelichick07

BillBelichick07 New Member

What happened to Kurt?

Take the Pats and give the points. The line is down to 21 and the weather isn't going to be all that bad.

17. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

yeah but to be fair a whole lot of those people aren't fans of the yankees, it's become a symbol for new york, just like out here in LA people wear Red sox hats to support the UCLA bruins

18. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

Go J-e-t-s Jets Jets Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. BillBelichick07

BillBelichick07 New Member

Can someone please, please, please make sure Kurt comes back for the game tomorrow? It will be worth the laughs.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Come to the game thread.