Patriots are next...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by redneckjet, Dec 9, 2007.

1. puffyme

puffyme New Member

Sean,

Kurt talks about trolls. The problem I had with his comments is when he begs for Brady or anyone else to get seriously hurt. That's not a fan that's a whack job so he runs away and cries. I give it to any fan who begs for any player to be injured

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I challenge you to a case sensitive dual.

3. winstonbiggs

Train wreck this is one of the great threads this year. :up:

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

In other words, you are admitting you are a coward and will not man up the next time a Patriots season ends without a Super Bowl championship.

5. Coolworx

Coolworx New Member

Ohh this is 4ckin rich!
    A New York sportsfan telling a New England sportsfan that they can't endure the lean times.

As far I can see, it's the Yankee/Jets/Giants fans that whine like my ex-wife when they aren't consistently top-tier competitors.

6. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Um.. We're Jet fans... We haven't been 'consistently top-tier competitors' in... Ever.....

Either we've been whining non-stop for the entire 47 years of our existence, or you're way off base

7. winstonbiggs

As a Jets fan for almost 42 years, I'm probably very much like your ex-wife in terms of expectations. Mediocrity would be more than okay.

8. Coolworx

Coolworx New Member

Well... you are right if we limit ourselves to only Jet football (Although I seem to remember a certain fashion plate QB sporting a very metrosexual fur coat), but NY fans in general have had more than their share of accomplishment (and frankly, I don't besmirch them an inch of that success). I hated them for it... I cursed them for it... I got drunk in depression over it... but I NEVER was so addicted to green envy that I'd wish injury and/or death upon their players.

Ok... maybe there was this one time regarding Clemens.

9. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Many of us, like myself, are Jets, Mets and Knicks fans....

More than our fair share of accomplishment?

5 championships, none since 1986.... Before that, none since 1973....

Other than Yankees fans, none of us have had too much success....

EDIT: And one championship for the Jets, is not being 'consistently top-tier competitors.'

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I did not write that. You need to read.

All I know is that the poster is fond of frequenting this site with the intent to annoy and aggravate Jets fans and will often times uses abusive language to do so. Then when his team loses he is nowhere to be found. He can dish it out, but cannot take it. That's not a real man.

11. Coolworx

Coolworx New Member

Well no offense, but if you're a Met fan (and you have an option), aren't you kinda askin' for it?
    :)

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Some people don't decide to jump on with the team that is doing well, they actually have some sort of loyalty to a team no matter how that team is doing. I know, it's probably an alien concept.

13. winstonbiggs

When I lived in Boston and your teams weren't very good you could go to any Red Sox or Celtic game or Pats game day of and get great seats right up until or even during the game. My experience in Boston when your teams weren't very good was there were very few fans, with the exception of the Bruins.

14. sayuki

sayuki New Member

I visit Boston in home study and people there are very mean. they have sign that has bad word and yankees.

15. Coolworx

Coolworx New Member

I totally understand that... which is why for 29 years as a fan of the Sox/Pats (was never much of a B-ball fan) I suffered because the alternative (rooting for a foreign team) was even more distastful than rooting for the miserable home team...

But I was BORN here (well I ain't "here" anymore, I now live in British Columbia) so cheering for the Red Sox and Patriots wasn't an option, it was a birthright.

What I want to know is... how does a born and bred NY'er ends up rooting for the lesser baseball and football teams of their birthplace?

16. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I was BORN in Flushing, Queens, just a few short blocks from Shea Stadium.... I was chanting 'Let's Go Mets' before I could put together any other sentence...

In general, Queens seems to be Jets/Mets territory.... Obviously there are plenty of Jets/Yankees, Mets/Giants fans, but most of the people I know around Flushing are Jets/Mets... Possibly because the Jets played in Shea for a while...

17. sayuki

sayuki New Member

Why do you say the jets are lesser of ny teams?? fans in new york can have choice because 2 team are here. but giants are not as good as jets.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Doukan desu!

19. Coolworx

Coolworx New Member

Over my 40 year lifetime they have been.

20. sayuki

sayuki New Member

e??? nande wakaruno?