Snow Joke playing @ the Pats

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Dec 12, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Wow this guy Vinnie Iyer or should that read Lyer has either been smoking with ricky williams or maybe is a prophet .
    No snow Brady passes all day long= We get walloped.
    It snows lots, the Pats run the ball all day = We get stuffed.
    You decide.

Week 15 primer: Snow won't spoil Pats' parade

By Vinnie Iyer - SportingNews
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=weekprimersnowwontspoilp&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Excuse me for praising the still-undefeated Patriots to the point where one reader wrote in to ask me if I was Tom Brady's cousin. Although I wouldn't mind the kind of genes that would help me date supermodels, alas, I think Brady is more Irish than Iyer-ish.

Speaking of Brady, you might recall his legend first started to grow with "The Tuck" in a snowy divisional playoff game against the Raiders, a ruling that helped Brady and New England go on to win Super Bowl 36. Now, only three games from perfection -- OK, make that six, really -- Brady has another looming challenge in wintry weather.

A big snowstorm is about hit the Northeast, which is expected to bring strong, gusty winds and plenty of the white stuff when the Patriots host the Jets on Sunday. So far defenses haven't been able to stop Brady this season, and as we've learned in the past, the elements don't faze him, either.

The Jets, meanwhile, will have another kind of snow job on their minds -- the Patriots turning to the deception of "Videogate." Adding cases of fuel to a fired-up division rivalry, that gives us a new leadoff category just for this week. ...

Grudge of the Week

New York Jets at New England. Last week, somehow, the words of a second-year safety incurred the wrath of Brady and the Patriots' juggernaut. This week, the Jets could have a gag order and it wouldn't matter: The Pats are looking for payback for that infamous playback.

I know the final score I've picked probably won't happen, because of that weather and because it's a ridiculous victorious point total, but it will feel that way for the losers after the game. If the Patriots don't feel they can pass at will and light up the Jets in poor conditions, they won't mind turning to a power running game to deliver some consistent physical abuse by pounding away on New York's front seven for four quarters. They will have the same goal for the defense -- hit and tackle as hard as they possibly can. The Patriots will get their gloves on -- mainly because it's cold -- and go for a real knockout this week.
    Patriots 70, Jets 14.

Could it be more then?

2. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

Jets 70
    Pats 3

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I keep a Doppler Radar thingy on my roof, and have it wired into my bedside television and connected into my cell phone by wireless sumthinorother. It says this.

[​IMG]

I can't imagine that's any good for anyone, but the anyones that I think would be particularly affected would be the anyones trying to score a bujillion points by passing. Just spitballing.

4. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

The media has made this week excruitiating. I personally don't think the patriots players really care that much about this game. They know they're better, and we've only beaten them once in the past 4 years. Tom Brady is undeafeated at the meadowlands.

The media, especially ESPN, for some reason thinks EVERYONE cares about this storyline this year. They've even devoted a bottom line category to the patriots.

It's BS. I don't think were going to win, but they ain't gonna hang 70 on us, especially if the weather inhibits their passing game (although, after watching brady through in that wind game-- im in DC, and i'll tell you that was one of the most windy days i've experience in years, im not convinced that will slow down there air game)

bill bellicheck is a sad, paranoid man. he's a great football coach, theres no doubt, but he's still a bitch. I wonder what his football career would be like if it wasn't for his QB coach who scouted Tom Brady... surely he wouldn't recieve all the accolades he gets now.

5. sayuki

sayuki New Member

sorry, asbcheeks. you write me message before but it tell me that i cannot reply, so i type here

hi!
    I come to the chat just to talk about Jets and maybe make some american friends. is american chats like this common?? some people are very mean and do not believe i am japanese.I like to continue to chat but hope more are nice like you and not say me things that are mean!
    I am studying English in new york and can watch game in my dormitory. i was very disappoint when jets lose this sunday before. i hope they win with patriots!!!

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

You're certainly welcome around here, sayuki. We have many international posters. And, asbcheeks will happily work with you perfecting english, although perfect speech is not a requirement around here. If you have any problems with other posters, just report them to one of the moderators.

7. sayuki

sayuki New Member

thank you jack!

studying is very difficult but i wish i can speak like native because no one can understand me. some people were very mean to me but maybe there was misunderstanding.

But I said before because of if snowing it will become very difficult for Jets and Patriots to control ball, so i hope it snows! \\(`-`)//

8. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Rain is good for the Defense.
    Snow is good for the Offense.

Snow doesn't really make the ball that slippery. The quarterback can still throw it, the receivers can still catch it. It screws with DB's- wide outs make cuts and corners slip trying to adjust. A snow storm won't stop Tandy Bross.

Pats 48, Jets 20.

9. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Hey boogerstyles- just watched the Kimbo Slice piece on E-60. Wow, man... just WOW.

10. sayuki

sayuki New Member

jcrotchrocker, no. when snow melt it will become very slippery. if tom brady cannot control ball it will not make difference if the defense player cannot run well. patriots big weapon is tom brady and randy bross, so if they cannot control the ball than it will be like they are not in game. then it will become even set, so the game will be maybe close.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahaha this guy aint japanese hahahahah.....he types like the guy in 16 candles speaks hahaha

12. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

we're toast either way but with the snow i think we lose by 30 rather than 40.

13. sayuki

sayuki New Member

I am not guy!

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yahoo's NE vs NYJ Prediction

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=weekprimersnowwontspoilp&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Grudge of the Week

New York Jets at New England. Last week, somehow, the words of a second-year safety incurred the wrath of Brady and the Patriots' juggernaut. This week, the Jets could have a gag order and it wouldn't matter: The Pats are looking for payback for that infamous playback.

I know the final score I've picked probably won't happen, because of that weather and because it's a ridiculous victorious point total, but it will feel that way for the losers after the game. If the Patriots don't feel they can pass at will and light up the Jets in poor conditions, they won't mind turning to a power running game to deliver some consistent physical abuse by pounding away on New York's front seven for four quarters. They will have the same goal for the defense -- hit and tackle as hard as they possibly can. The Patriots will get their gloves on -- mainly because it's cold -- and go for a real knockout this week.

Patriots 70, Jets 14.

(I don't know what "power running" game this guy is talking about...the Patriots haven't had much success over powering teams with the run. Their passing attack is lethal, and if there is a snow storm, it will give us a small chance to upset the best team in the league. By the looks of this guy's article he's a Pats fan. 70-14? Give me a break.)

15. amsingh

amsingh New Member

posted already

16. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

True DAT bro..............We may not win it but they AIN'T gonna put 70 on us!

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

My bad, I didn't see a thread for it. I just saw a bunch of Anti-Patriots or Patriots are next threads, so it must've been inside of one of those.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

They really think the Patriots are going to score 70? Even if he doesn't think it will happen, why bother saying it. Sure, the Jets are 3-10, but they aren't that bad.

I could only imagine what they will score against Miami then.

#18 macbk, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Probably 200 points...in the first half. This Yahoo writer probably has dreams about sucking off Brady while Randy Moss tosses his salad.

20. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Get the hell outta hear 70-14 LMAO!