Patriots are next...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by redneckjet, Dec 9, 2007.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

yes.

but the difference is, i don't see Jeter complaining to the Umps all the time when he makes a mistake, or when - on any given play - the opponent outplays him.

and i'm a Mets fan. i really dislike the Yankees.

2. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll New Member

You've never seen Jeter stick is ass out when there's a pitch on the inside corner and then turn and question the ump on strike 3? Then stand there, conversing about "Do you know who I am?" Do you even have a television?

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The only reason I hate Brady is because he is, in fact, a whiny little bitch whenever things go even slightly wrong. He honestly looks like a 5 year old that just had their lollipop stolen in those situations. His sense of entitlement (and I blame Bellishit for this) is off the charts.

4. The Uniform Bomber

to be honest, i don't watch a whole lot of Yankee games and when i have watched them, i haven't really noticed Jeter complaining.

maybe it's because i've seen more Pats games? i don't know. but on memory alone, Brady complaining sticks out much more than Jeter.

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Geez... Jeter makes faces and bitches about any pitch he doesn't swing at that's called a strike. Doesn't mean he's not great, he is.

6. JTheHM

JTheHM New Member

Eddawg:

Could that possibly be because:

1) Your love of football is far greater than that of baseball (guess on my part)
    2) Your hatred of the Pats (via your love of the Jets) is far greater than your hatred of the Yankees? (another guess)

Emotional investment is the leader in bringing honest discussion to its knees.

7. The Uniform Bomber

i'm not saying Brady isn't great either because he is.

but that doesn't he mean he doesn't whine to the refs when something goes awry. and that's what irritates me. just man up and figure out what went wrong; don't go running to the refs.

maybe Jeter does that too, fine. i don't know because, like i said, i don't watch many Yankee games; but even though Jeter does it, so what, that makes it okay for Brady to do it?

if both Jeter and Brady do it, then that makes them both whiney bitches.

8. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

So, I guess Dan Marino wasn't passionate, and gets no respect?

I'm not being a smart ass, I just think you haven't thought through your position fully...

I mean, honestly, when I think of Dan Marino, what I remember most is his overtanned face getting all red, and spittle flying as he yelled at his receivers or the refs. That is truly what I remember about him most.

9. The Uniform Bomber

you quoted me saying Brady was passionate. i agree with that.

it's possible to be passionate without complaining whenever things go wrong, and that was kinda the point of all this.

#169 The Uniform Bomber, Dec 12, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

11. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Great article!:up:

BB doesn't care if he is liked by anyone but his players....just the way it should be......and his players will lineup against the fiends of Hell for him, if he wanted them to.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You know, for a Pats fan that spends a lot of time on a Jets message board, you really aren't that much of an asshole, but still I have to ask:

Why is it you consistently act like Bill Belichek is a close member of your family? How is it you know his innermost hopes, dreams and aspirations? From what source do you obtain such intimate knowledge of his relationship with his employees?

Its just really sad.

13. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Look, even the biggest A-holes have friends that think they are all right. BB is one of those people..you are either in his circle, or you're not.

Isn't it obvious, after these years, that his players are well motivated? Do you think they "hate him", as ESPN would have had you believe?

Besides, there are several books about the Patriots out, most notably "Patriot Reign" by Michael Holly which provides great insight into the BB and the way things operate.

He is also on the radio every week, and I listen to every interview.

I have as much credibility writing about BB as 95% of these sports writers...most of whom never even spoke to him, yet feel free to write about him.

I think I know him about as well as any fan can know the coach of his favorite team.

14. Dierking

Jesus, you sound like a fucking stalker.

15. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll New Member

I never said he wasn't great, someone pointed out that he never bitches, he does.

Brady bitches, but as far as I can tell, it's when he has something to bitch about (I'm a fan of his, you aren't, we'll probably see things differently).

And as far as Brady's "entitlement", I think it comes from going to Michigan, hmm, same for Jeter. (Buckeye here).

16. KleckoisGod

KleckoisGod New Member

OK, that's funny. I'm no fan of Boston but Hartford?

I can't stop laughing.

17. Sean_in_titletown

If you're expecting a retort from Kurt don't hold your breathe. He had a mental breakdown as a result of boston fans giving it to him in a classless manner. He's left the board. Meanwhile, in other news, soldiers are dying from IED's in Iraq, Romanian babies are starving to death, and genocide is going down in Darfur. But Kurt's stressed out by New England trash talkers and trolls. Some people have no perspective. In fact, this entire board could give me a joint "Eff you" (which has pretty much happened) and I'd get over it in less than 3 seconds after sharing a laugh with fellow Pats fans.
    Look, regardless of what happens on Sunday, nothing is going to prevent us from getting up and going to work on Monday. It's recreation, the toy department of life. Lighten up everyone.

18. Dierking

How's that foot in your mouth taste, Sean?

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=713634&postcount=47

19. WWWestonC

WWWestonC New Member

This thread seems to have strayed. My 2 cents...I'm PUMPED. No pressure, we're gonna play smashmouth football and give NE all they can handle. If they come out of here still undefeated hand them the trophy, because there is no team who wants this win more than the guys in Green & White.

Last game of any value this season, I plan on screaming my head off and enjoying the blizzard Sunday. Go JETS!

20. KleckoisGod

KleckoisGod New Member

God I wish I believed that. I really do.