Something big is going to happen Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MyFavoriteMartin5, Dec 10, 2007.

1. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

the big thing happening will be brady breaking manning's touchdown record

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I wonder what the Las Vegas odds are on the Jets beating the Patriots outright. I suppose they'd have to have a lot of zeros in the equation.

3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Wow had no idea it was that bad. While I agree the game might be closer then some suspect, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that they get every record on that list against the Jets.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Holy Crap. They seriously could get ALL of those sunday. No lie.

The funny thing about the Patriots is that for how tight-lipped they are with the media, they certainly read/watch everything the media puts out.

Take last week for example, some smuck Steelers player guarantees a victory and they take it all personal and make it a mission to crush them.

If I were in their shoes I would have laughed off his "assertion," if you're 12-0 and breaking records who gives a crap what some bum player on a team you're gonna beat anyway says. Just enjoy your legendary season and don't even read the paper.

But if they got all fired up over last weeks comments, then you can be sure they will be beyond pissed about the team that turned them into the NFL and has brought their dynasty* into question by every media outlet known to man. Not to mention, the frosty relationship Belicheck and Mangini already had, plus the fact Eric costed him a half-million dollars personally.

If you think they ran up the score against Buffalo and Washington, you have something to see. If we get down early, it could be a LONNNNNNNG sunday.

Patriots 66
    Jets 3

5. njjet

njjet Member

Your right, something is going to happen. The JETS may lose by 50+ points!!!

6. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

The big thing that's going to happen is that my children well tell there dad to go stick the Jets, because they want to start routing for a winning team.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The BIGGEST thing that could happen is, they not only get none of those records, but our guys are so fired up that we go in there and beat them 27-24 in overtime.

Now THAT would be something you'd all remember BIG TIME.

Don't forget, "Anything's possible on any given Sunday!"

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

No, they will just dominate us, then Eric and Bill will walk to mid-field and pretend to care, and we'll be 3-11, and the season will be closer to over.

9. JTheHM

JTheHM New Member

The difference between the two is the two rushing TDs Brady has so far this year.

Which is kinda intriguing to me... since both records are the exact same number, it must mean that the year Manning threw 49 touchdowns, he didn't rush for a single one. This year he has like 6.

10. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

The Jets will go into the locker room at halftime and never come out in the NFL's first recorded forfeit.

11. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Did anyone hear Collinsworth babble last night? He made a joke saying there was a basketball scoreboard installed at Gillette this week.

Wouldn't surprise me if they hang 100 points on us this week. What's another record to be broken?

12. BillBelichick07

BillBelichick07 New Member

Just End The Season

this game will get ugly for the JETS quick. Trust me.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Allow me to be one of the few who get a chance to laugh at how stupid your posts are before you get banned for trolling. Ha.

14. Salz

Salz New Member

Call me crazy but I think the Jets surprise the Pats a bit.

15. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

You're crazy.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That's interesting. I hadn't even considered it. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

17. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

I anticipate the game is going to be really, really boring. Our D will perhaps keep us in it for a little while with some lucky calls added for good measure. Our O will have a bunch of 3 an outs. It'll be a slow, agonizing loss.

On the other hand, Elam might damage Brady's Pelvis and bring down the Empire.

18. amsingh

amsingh New Member

Game will be very similar to the Cowboys game, we'll be overmatched by a much better team.

Don't take the Steeler game to mean anything either in terms of us hanging in there with a good team. We beat the steelers because they aren't that good. They haven't beaten anyone.

19. blantyr

blantyr Member

I doubt many of the above will happen this week. Maybe the three TDs for Brady. Still, the Patriots will play hard as long as the Jets do.

But I suspect most of the above records will fall against the Dolphins the week after.

20. GAJETMAN

GAJETMAN Member

I wonder what the record is for having the most records broke in one game?