Patriots tied with the Ravens

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Dec 3, 2007.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I know the flag didn't come out until after the play was over.

You know what. You're gonna see what you want anyway.

2. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Yeah the guy seems to come off as a callous asshole, but people are getting away with just calling Belichick an arrogant, disrespectful asshole without feeling the need to back it up at all. The one area where I really don't think the argument can be made in terms of him disrespecting others is opponents. I bet you can't even find one quote of him saying something negative about another player in the media.

Oh right, he runs up the score. Sorry, Belichick totally disrespects opposing players because he assumes that the defensive players aren't hyper-sensitive pussies who get paid millions of dollars to stop the offense but bitch and moan when they actually have to do that. You're right.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I made a typo. (I'll correct it in the original post.) Month and day were correct, year was wrong.

The Patriots scored a touchdown on a 1-yard pass from Bledsoe to Coates on what I believe was an untimed down.
    The Patriots took a 23-21 lead.
    The Bills then ran off the field and Adam Vinatieri ran in for the 2-point conversion on an 11-on-0 play.

4. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Haha, that's awesome. I'm surprised Tom Brady didn't pull a Dangerfield and complained about No Respect. Ain't that right dubagedi?

5. Ohh that never happens...that's just a sarcastic excuse to combat anything pro patriots:breakdance:

6. Going4TheGreen

Did you see the flag thrown, or just the flag marker in the ESPN display?

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What the fuck are you talking about?

I was simply responding to the fact a poster wrote pass interference is never called on Hail Marys/Big Bens.

It just so happens the only case I know of PI being called on such a play went in the Patriots favor.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I saw the ref standiing behind brady throw the flag as the players were getting up.

If they show the game on nfl network this week check it out.

9. ya gotta be careful Cakes...you dont wanna dis...I mean not show proper dilligence to the Patriots of ANY era..:lol:

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Are you talking about the 53 yd play where Boller Escaped pressure and the Patsie Grabbed him by the Helmet/facemask where it actually twisted a little, he got away and threw it downfield?

There was no flag on that.

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Good call, Kurt!:rofl2:

12. Going4TheGreen

Since after Aztecs, there have been basic rules and guidelines for sportsmanship, even in war. The Aztecs killed the losers in their games. You guys have gone for it 9 times on fourth down after being up at least 4 touchdowns out of 19 possible times. Worst one? Against the Redskins-on fourth and 6 with 9 minutes to go on their 30. You only won by 45 though, it was close, I see the need.

13. Going4TheGreen

Weird. I thought that on pass attempts the cameras follow the ball.

14. Royal Tee

AMENDMENT:

With all the starters still in the game :eek:hmy:

15. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

I do notice it but I do not give a shit. It is so blatantly idiotic that they're clearly just trying to motivate themselves to play well, which is what their job is. Any time a player of any pro sport starts ranting about no-respect I just think to myself "he's a sports player, i don't care if he thinks that the earth is flat so long as he plays well." If Teddy Bruschi wants to convince himself this week that Hines Ward threatened to kill his dog in a threatening phone message I really don't give a shit because it's irrelevant, it only matters if it makes him play better that week. Maybe it's annoying but at some point you just have to accept it as irrational and stop trying to form a rational counter-argument to it. Talk of class when it comes to sports teams is stupid because it is always just the popular opinion of the moment being run away with by the media. The Pats weren't angels in '01 and they aren't evil this year. None of us will ever really have any clue as to what any NFL player is really like in person, so why bother basing our opinions on unproven assumptions?

The fans...well they're just idiots but of course when it comes to sports everybody is a basically biased idiot for the most part because there is no real connection to you and the team, merely subjective feelings towards them mostly based on geography.

Edit: And to further explain one of my past few comments the "no respect" thing you bring up in all situations is stupid to do in all situations, specifically when it comes to penalties. Nobody besides some fat drunk dude (who doesn't count as a person really) has tried to say that bad calls= disrespect.

#195 dubagedi, Dec 4, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  16. Going4TheGreen

Nah, CJLang is saying there was missed calls everywhere, and he tried to point out the Dan Koppen hold that was after the play and supposedly Kelly argued for the call. And I pointed out that play, on top of the other ones pointed out, because he said "35 was holding" on that tipped pick by Reed.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

That wasn't against the rules. It's not illegal to grab the top of a guys helmet, it is illegal to strike a player in the helmet. He was reaching for him, and in fact, he never got ahold of him good because Boller made a nice move to escape it and made a really good play on that one.

18. Going4TheGreen

OKAY STEVIE WONDER, OPEN YOUR EYES SON. His head was at a 45 degree angle and he stayed poised and made the pass. Don't question his knowledge of the game, that's a tired argument.

19. Royal Tee

Wow, Are these ESPN Analyst stupid or what.?

Billick was clearly covering his DC's ass there when asked if he called a TO by saying "WE" called a timeout and when they come back to the desk the commentator goes, there ya go... He called a timeout :lol:...

Wowzah!

20. Royal Tee

You really believe that? WOW!

-Watch the play again. It was grabbed.
    -You cannot hit a QB's head PERIOD.