Jets @ Dolphins Game report

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Dec 2, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

3 different QBs , did we really need to do that? What did it achieve?

Sacked 6 times , that is terrible especially the way the line folded. I'm left scratching my head a little though , because huge chunks of the game the O line held their own....laspses of concentration?
    Huge work to be done their.
    Its all very well people saying, "oh well its only the phins"..
    This is the same team minus some key players that like us have been in alot of close games.
    I'll take the W :jets:

#1 gustoonarmy, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  2. NYJNYRNYM

NYJNYRNYM New Member

I hate that f'n crybaby Taylor

here's what jason taylor had to say after the game:

"They (stink) too," Taylor said. "They beat us. They'll go home happy, and their fans will be happy that they got three wins this year. Good for them."

I'll take 3 wins (maybe more?) over a goose-egg anyday of the week. I think the Jets should get video of Taylor crying after a loss to the Jets and just play that everytime he comes to the stadium.

Oh, I can't start my own threads yet since i only have a few posts, so I figured i'd stick it in here.

3. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Takeaways help Jets beat winless Dolphins 40-13December 2, 2007

By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer

MIAMI(AP) A few thousand spectators remained when the Miami Dolphins called timeout with 10 seconds left, triggering the most emphatic boos of a miserable afternoon.

For Miami fans, this is not a season to be prolonged.

Sunday's game was touted as the Dolphins' best remaining chance to avoid the first 0-16 season in NFL history. Instead, they sustained their most lopsided defeat of the year. Rookie quarterback John Beck threw three interceptions and lost two fumbles, and Miami fell to 0-12 by falling to the New York Jets 40-13.

``It doesn't seem real to me,'' Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor said. ``We're 0-12. It doesn't get much lower.''

It could. The loss represented a big step - or stumble - toward a winless season.

``It definitely crosses your mind,'' nose tackle Keith Traylor said. ``You see what's going on out there.''

Despite the Dolphins' woeful record, they were favored by 1 1/2 points. Miami extended a franchise-record losing streak to 15 games, and Cam Cameron remained winless as an NFL coach.

Beck's turnovers were the biggest problem. They led to a touchdown and three field goals for the Jets.

``One of my strengths is taking care of the football, and today the football didn't get taken care of,'' Beck said.

In three starts, he has yet to direct the offense to a touchdown.

The Jets wore navy and gold throwback Titans uniforms and looked like a new team, winning in a rout for the first time this season.

``If you look at our record, every win is a big deal,'' linebacker Victor Hobson said.

The Jets improved to 3-9 - with two of those victories over Miami.

``They (stink) too,'' Taylor said. ``They beat us. They'll go home happy, and their fans will be happy that they got three wins this year. Good for them.'' :lol:

The Dolphins took a brief 13-10 lead in the second quarter on Michael Lehan's 43-yard fumble return for a touchdown, but they didn't score again. In the third quarter, Beck fumbled three times in a stretch of five Miami plays. The Jets recovered twice, leading to 10 points.

A third consecutive Dolphins series ended in a turnover when Beck was intercepted by Drew Coleman, setting up Mike Nugent's fourth field goal for a 33-13 Jets lead.

``They do some good things getting after the quarterback,'' Cameron said. ``John learned obviously some tough lessons today.''

Darrelle Revis and Kerry Rhodes also had interceptions for the Jets, who came into the game with only nine all season.

Early in the game, Cameron's play-calling was so conservative that the crowd let out a mock roar when Beck finally threw a pass downfield, even though it fell incomplete. Despite the cautious approach, Miami's offense self-destructed while totaling only 187 yards.

Beck finished 23-for-39 for 177 yards. The interceptions were his first this season.

``I think he got a little gun-shy after he threw a couple of picks,'' Rhodes said. ``He kept holding the ball.''

The Jets mounted four scoring drives of more than 50 yards, and running back Leon Washington hurt the Dolphins twice on trick plays. Quarterback Kellen Clemens came out of the game on first down at the Miami 18, and Washington took the shotgun snap and ran in untouched for the touchdown, capping an 84-yard drive after the opening kickoff.

Late in the third quarter, on third-and-13 at the Miami 19, Washington caught a shovel pass from Clemens and ran to the 1, setting up a touchdown for a 30-13 lead.

Washington also scored on a 12-yard run with 1:52 left. Thomas Jones scored on a 1-yard run, his first touchdown with the Jets.

``You're not going to win when you have five turnovers,'' Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter said. ``That's just being realistic. Show me a team that can overcome that, and they'll probably win the championship.''

The game was as lopsided as the rivalry has become. The Jets beat the Dolphins for the fourth time in a row and the 16th time in the past 20 meetings.

Notes: Dolphins RB Jesse Chatman aggravated an ankle injury and missed most of the second half. S Cameron Worrell hurt his knee and will undergo an MRI on Monday. ... Jets WR Laveranues Coles, who had been listed as questionable with an ankle injury, caught five passes for 69 yards. ... The Jets' point total was their highest since they beat Miami 41-14 in 2004.
    http://sports.aol.com/nfl-game/Miami-Dolphins-vs-New York-Jets/20071202015/recap/2007/REGULAR/13

4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Sounds like hes stuck in a loop. Very similar to what he said a couple of seasons back

5. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

3 qb's: Clemens, Smith, Washington....Tee first TD had Washington at QB, he took the direct snap, ran over RT and broke a tackle or two in the last 5 yards.

Smith had 4 or 5 snaps in the shotgun. 2 were really unsuccessful, the others were simple to change things up....problem there was that they each occured within the Dolphins 30 yard line.

When Smith lines up in the shotgun the Defense has sent the whole team after him - the Phin's even brought the CB in the slot. They have to put in a pass play withy Smithv were he takes the snap and hits the TE over the blitzing LB';s or just hits the slot WR at the line of scrimmage.

2 possible 3 of the sacks were coverage sacks and the sack that caused the fumble/interception was a blown assignment by Baker.. He didn;t even chipo the guy, he just let him go right by him. Ray Lucas confirmed such in the post game...

6. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Mmm yes, the tears of unfathomable sadness.

[​IMG]

7. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Man - Jennifer Taylor is going to bee pissed when he gets traded to the Jets for a player to be named for the 2026 draft. True and true - he actually despises us...got to respect that.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No, reality has intruded on him in a nasty way. You'll note the idiotic statements that the Fins were the better team didn't come out of his mouth once this week or in the post game comments.

0-12 is 0-12. the Fins aren't better than anybody and probably worse than 15 college teams right now.

9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What did Taylor say that was wrong? He's 1,000% right.

10. rillo

rillo New Member

Totally agree...didn't know they had that many sacks...