Jets claim Kareem Brown off waivers from NE

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BlairThomas#1, Nov 30, 2007.

1. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

what's odd is that the report would use the below bolded term.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/1905-for-new-jet-kareem-brown-a-long-week

The Jets' defensive fa?ade picked up a big addition on Thursday morning when head coach Eric Mangini announced the arrival of 6’4”, 300-pound defensive lineman Kareem Brown off of waivers from divisional foe New England.

-----------------

Please merge. (I did use the "search if already posted button" and got nothing.)

#1 BlairThomas#1, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. Klecko10

Klecko10 Member

Why can't this guy stop bringing in f-----g NE players??!!!! Just stop bringing their coaches, their players, their trainers here and f-----g copying them. I hate this.

Think for yourself, build your own identity. Doesn't this guy realize his team's fans hate the Patriots??

Every loser we bring here from the Pats they know everything about.

It's so copycat, it really cheapens Mangini and our Jets. Everytime they cut a player... boom he's right down here and it's weak!!

3. Klecko10

Klecko10 Member

Oh yeah and the word facade was a perfect word. Our defense is like a facade or even a mirage. It's usually not the real thing.

4. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I started a thread on this yesterday entitled anyone know anything on kareem brown.... there is some good scouting reports on him

5. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

sorry it was titled "Scouting Report on DE Kareem Brown...."

6. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

The Jets' defensive fa?ade picked up a big addition on Thursday morning when head coach Eric Mangini announced the arrival of 6?4?, 300-pound defensive lineman Kareem Brown off of waivers from divisional foe New England.

Brown, a fourth-round pick (127th overall) in this year?s draft, was inactive for all 11 games for the Patriots this season before getting cut by the AFC leaders on Tuesday afternoon. Although he has yet to see action in his first season as a pro, the former University of Miami standout has learned plenty from his former defensive teammates ? a unit that ranks third in the NFL in total yards allowed heading into Week 13.

?I had a lot of veteran guys like Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, Ty Warren and Jarvis Green and they helped me a lot. They are very businesslike and professional all the time,? Brown said of the Patriots' defensive linemen. ?They taught me the aspects of being a professional on and off the field and their help football-wise was incredible. You can?t help but learn from those guys at all times by just being around them.?

The Jets? interest in Brown is obvious. His age, big frame and evident adjustment to the 3-4 defense he learned in New England appears to fit the mold for the future of the Jets front line. Even though he played in a 4-3 base in college, Brown is confident in his adaption to the New England 3-4 and feels he can pick up even more in Hempstead.

?I?ve been learning the fundamentals and the basics of it and I still have some stuff to learn, but I?m sure I?ll be able to catch on with that here,? said Brown, a 23-year-old from Miami, Fla. ?I'm just rolling with the punches right now and making the best of it.?

Brown entered the draft after the Hurricanes ended their disappointing 7-6 season on a high note with a 21-20 win over Nevada in the MPC Computers Bowl. In his final game as a member of ?The U,? Brown had 2.5 tackles behind the line for a loss of 14 yards.

That bowl win capped off a senior season in which he started 10 games and was credited with 60 tackles, including 11 sacks, giving him 157 career tackles and 20.5 sacks. His senior sack total ranked second in the conference and 14th in Division I-A. Such a remarkable season earned him the title of Miami?s Defensive Lineman of the Year and All-ACC second-team honors.

I was playing OK, but I wasn't playing to my potential,? Brown said of his final go-round in Coral Gables.

Now, after just eight months as a professional football player, Brown has already caught the tail end of an NFL numbers game. The Patriots activated veteran wideout Troy Brown and linebacker Chad Brown, leaving the rookie without a roster spot.

In a nutshell, Brown was rejected from an 11-0 team that sits comfortably atop the AFC heading into the final stretch of the season and picked up by a team that is in search of its third victory. Such a scenario might trouble some, but Brown remains confident in his new surroundings even though he hasn?t been able to think much about them.

?It still hasn?t sunk in yet, but hopefully we can come out with some wins here and bring that part up,? said Miami?s Norland

High School alum.

There have been some recent distractions in Brown?s life that have deterred his thoughts on the recent transaction, distractions that dig deeper than anything found on a football field or in a playbook.

?Unfortunately, I?m also dealing with the death of a friend of mine, so it?s been a long, long two days,? he somberly admitted beneath his nameless locker at Weeb Ewbank Hall.

That friend is Sean Taylor ? the Redskins safety who was murdered this week at his home in Miami, the same city in which the two were college teammates just a few years ago.

?The events that I had to go through in the past 48 hours are unfortunate, but it?s a learning experience,? he said. ?I haven?t been able to get down there yet, but the services haven?t begun. We?ll see how everything goes with that.?

Aside from the difficult week of losing a friend and swapping teams, Brown is keeping a professional approach to the rest of his rookie campaign.

?It?s a business. You have to approach it as such and treat it as such,? he said. ?I left with good graces in New England so there are no hard feelings.

?It?s kind of weird, because now we play them in two weeks and all the people that I have grown up with, so to speak, because I?ve only been in the league a few months, now they're my enemies,? he added. ?It?s a little weird. But I?ll get over it.?

7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

This guy was a steal...If I am not mistaken he was drafted in the 4th round and the only reason the pats put him on waivers is because they already have tremendous line depth.

8. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Yep, getting a 4th round pick is pretty good, and a couple of 4th rounders have turned out pretty good for the NYJ.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It would have been nice if he was at least active for a few games. Especially when Seymore was out. I'm not sure it says much about him.

10. Coltsfan18

Coltsfan18 New Member

Jets claim Kareem Brown off waivers from NE

and the Jets continue to pick up the Patriots scraps.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just another TC fodder guy. If he could not suceed in NE he cannot suceed anywhere

12. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Wow, you really do have things bass ackwards, dont you.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Why U think he will be our M. Strahan & Belly just felt sorry for us & gave him to us as his gift & my post because I guess U could not grasp it is a play on words however in trhe FB world it is also a truism

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i really dont see how anyone could be mad about this, you get something for NOTHING and its not like he was a practice squad player there when mangina was there and hes bringing him in because he knows his name, the guy is a rookie he has no attachment at all to mangina.

i will guarantee that if he came from any other team in the nfl that there would be nothing but praise for this pickup.

the only issue i have is the fact he is a 4-3 dl not a 3-4, and that is probably why he was expendable in patsie land, now the question is does he play nt at 300 lb or does he play de?

smells like a de, probably plays like one too judging by his numbers at miami, i would imagine he has some moves to get around people with all those sacks and tackles behind the line.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and tc fodder he might just be but really though what the F--- do the jets lose by picking up this guy? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING so who cares if he ends up not playing a down and leaving after the year? i sure as hell dont

16. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Play on words? What fvcking language are you posting in?