Well, atleast we got Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boogerstyles, Nov 22, 2007.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Very Good game for revis!

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Funny I think the same about your posts.

Amazing how you the so called most knowledgeable poster at one time thinks that Revis is over-rated. I shudder to think what you think of a truly over rated player like Vilma or something............... actually, I do not. If this is your opinion of Revis then yours is really not worth listening to. Harris, Revis and the other young players are just abut the only reason to watch this team.

#22 Miamipuck, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  3. hazmat

hazmat New Member

You have to be kidding me. Did you really expect more then this from a rookie cb? Attempting to cover Owens and other top flight wr's with multiple years in the league? I have no complaints about Revis. He has gotten better every week. He's a great tackler, he's very instinctive, he's fast, he is everything you could possibly look for in a first year cornerback. He's had no pass rush to make his life easier for most of the season, the defense has been constantly on the field since the offense sucks and we can't stop the run. If you don't think Revis is a solid player then your not watching the same game everyone else is watching.

4. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Revis' inexperience is also partly to blame on the front office not signing him sooner. IIRC, only Russell and Quinn were the first round picks signed after Revis. IF YOU DRAFT HIM HIGH FIRST ROUND, PAY HIM HIGH FIRST ROUND MONEY. Idiots.

5. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Yes, they must be idiots and your brilliant! I think an nfl team should give your their gm job tomorrow because your clearly know more then our front office. I can't even imagine that there might be an added bonus to having Revis under contract for 6 years without having to go through the franchise nonsense. If Revis is a bust he never gets that money but he looks like a future pro bowler. How much money do you think a pro bowl cornerback will bring in free agency in 5 years? Idiots! Idiots!

6. rillo

rillo New Member

Revis played very good....the Defense as a whole played good. Any one here that bashes Revis performance knows nothing about football. Revis is another good draft pick by this regime along with Harris.

7. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

So, simply if I do not agree with your position, then my position is not worth listening too... That's funny.

Vilma? Very good 4-3 linebacker.... Non NFL player in the 3-4.

I can't believe you guys all think Revis is the second coming. It just baffles me. He may end up being a good player, this is just his 1st year, but I see him beaten ALL the time. I was sitting at Thanksgiving with 15 other Jets fans today and we ALL agreed.

8. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

And the "you know nothing about football" defense.. Classic..

The defense played GOOD!?!? They let up 27 points (34 total but they didn't let up the other 7) to a team who stopped trying in the 4th quarter... It could have been a lot worse.

The passing #s were not there this week, making the pass D look good simply because Dallas ran it down our throats.

9. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Did I expect more? NO.. Definitely did not. I EXPECTED HIM to get beaten in his 1st year. I'm just not going to sit here and sing his praises in a 34-3 loss where they had no desire/need to throw the ball in the 2nd half.

He is a good tackler, I'll give you that.... especially for a corner.

He was also supposed to be this great kick returner. What ever happened to that? Not judging h is CB play on it, but whatever happened.

WILL Revis be a solid player eventually? Probably... Is he now? Borderline, at best. Is he the best we have by far? YES.

10. rillo

rillo New Member

Are u serious? Revis played TO very physical and he only got that TD in garbage time. Also it was a very good pass, have you seen the way TO has been playing in recent games? Revis held him to 65 yards for the whole game.....Next year the guy will be shutdown, if he continues to work hard.

11. rillo

rillo New Member

The defense was on the field for most of them game.....we had no type of offense....we stopped them on many occasions but we couldn't move the ball on offense. Of course the defense is gonna wear down i think we had like three drives that were a minute long. Thats pathetic

12. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Revis was kicking the crap out of TERRELL OWENS....Perfect throw by Romo and Revis was right there. Harris is a beast of ILB..These guys are going to Pro Bowlers along with Mangold and Leon..DBrick footwork looks 100% better from what I can see on TV. I think we have quite a few picks this year..The NFL is the poster league for flipping the switch quickly..either way..How awful was Green Bay last year...bad. Keep the faith...keep the faith.

13. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Revis impresses me every time I watch him play. He got the better of Owens for almost the whole day, he never misses a tackle either. I have zero regrets moving up to get him.

14. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

the mangini sympathy on this board is sickening! revis did not shut owens down, they ran it down our throats..simple as that! revis is not a shut down corner and to believe he is, is just eternal optimism.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

How does a persons evaluation of Revis equate to Mangini sympathy? It's not out of the realm of possibility to think that a guy could have a good eye for talent but be horse shit as a game planner. Aside of that, Revis played a pretty good game. Look at TO's numbers this season if you need to confirm it. In the old days or mercy I might agree with the "they didn't need to throw" argument, but the Pats have basically changed that now. If they could have beat us with TO all day they would have.

16. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Oh absolutely... There's no such thing as a great game from an ILB when your defense allows such a successful running game by the opposing offense...

I'm evaluating him the same way I've been evaluating Clemens and Revis though... Looking to see if he's learning, if he's fundamentally sound.... And, so far, he seems to be doing everything by the book, which is a very good sign moving forward

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

As a Jets fan you should be singing his praises. You're right hes not Jesus Christ , but a rookie on a struggling D that has made an immediate impact in the right direction , thats nothing to crow about?
    Hes not KR because Leon is , who in case you forgot has picked up where Miller left off.
    So hes a borderline good player IYO. OK I can live with that , But as an NFL rookie CB I would say that he may even be in with a shout at DROY (as D Harris is) because I think he IS that good.
    For heavens sake TO scored 4TDs last week and was lucky to get the one he did. Revis stuck like glue to him all day JAMMING TO on the LOS on occasion.
    Look at TOs stats from last week to our game.
    Good CBs don't get thrown balls thrown at their side.

18. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Why should I sing his praises? Because he wears a green jersey? YAY for him.

He's not KR because he couldn't handle the ball in minicamp, so they scraped the idea, and then he came to camp late. THATS WHY he's not doing it. Fortunately, Leon Washington proved he's capable, but the TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS Leon Washington got the job by default. Turns out that worked out for the best.

If Revis is defensive rookie of the year (no friggen way) that speaks poorly for all the defensive rookies.

Revis did not stick to a soul like glue.

I'LL SAY THIS ONE LAST TIME. STATS ARE CLOSE TO MEANINGLESS. NOT 100% MEANINGLESS, BUT VERY VERY CLOSE. Dallas ran for 174 yards!!!!!!!!!!!! (there's a stat for ya). That shows the HAD NO NEED TO PASS. Against Washington, running wasn't as easy to come by so they threw!!!!!!

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Romo attempted 32 passes against Washington, 28 against us. Not that big of a difference now is it?

20. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

How about the passes that actually mattered.. it was a close game against Washington...... had to keep trying to move the ball up the field.. Not against us..

So yes, BIG difference. Also remember, their #2 receiver was out.. so to think Revis sat there 1 on 1 with TO all day is ridiclous.