Is there any way to win the Pitt Game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea this is true. The Browns did it on there opening drive last week and moved the ball quite effectively in doing so, but they moved away from it in the second half.

2. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

1. Adrien Clarke's fat ass lands on top of James Harrison and breaks his leg.

2.Ben Roethlisberger decides to ride his hog to the game and smiles at passing Jets fans en route to an early tailgate, giving some long suffering Gang Green posters a rare opportunity to positively impact the fortunes of this woebegone franchise with just a simple jerk of the wheel.

3.Willie Parker converts to Islam and quits football.

4.James Farrior reverts to his pre-contract year output from his Jets years.

That's about it...

-X-

3. TampaBayJetsFan85

Can we win the game? Yes. I know we have had a bad season, but this team is not garbage. In my eyes we have alot of players that can make plays such as L.Washington in the flats, L.Coles and J.Cotchery working the sidelines or the middle of the field, T.Jones who can be a feature back with a strong offensive line and even J.McCareins can gain yards if he could ever just catch the damn ball...

And on Defense we have D.harris who just may be the DROY if he keeps on playing the way he's played the past 2 weeks, K.Rhodes can be a play-maker in the passing game on Defense, D.Revis has alot of potential as a #1 CB, and even S.Ellis can put pressure on the QB at times...

Will we win this game? No.
    And thats because without an offense or defensive line, The Steelers who are really physical may just dominate us from start to finish. Im sorry, but Mangini is running a 3-4 Defense with no NT and no RDE who can actually hold his own in the trenches. And on the offensive side of the ball, other than Brick and Mangold.. We have 3 huge holes. I love the Jets, I cant ever root against them... But I just dont see them walking away with a W this week.

4. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Honestly... this season is washed... I don't care if we win or lose I just want to see improvement on both sides of the ball! Every one might think... shit Kellen has a crazy schedule in front of him... but I say GOOD! We get to see if he has what it takes to compete with elite/high caliber teams.

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Maybe their trainer will accidentally spill the pain killers in their water jug so they all get roofied during the game...like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f1dq-Kmuvs

#25 Jtuds, Nov 15, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  6. Deestheman

Deestheman New Member

Couldn't have put it better myself. We will need to cause a turnover or two, play sharp, no studid penalties, and we'll need some help from special teams. I think we can do this.

7. Deestheman

Deestheman New Member

8. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Why not! Im in with you we have been suffering enough and we deserve a break!

9. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

We are doomed.

We have a "young coach" too.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The Steelers defense is over rated. We had a week off, Clemens will be sharper and we have Coles back, plus the Curtis factor. Of course our defense sucks and Steelers Offense is great. 31-27 Steelers. Its should be a great game in my opinion

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The Sqeelers needed a 30yd desperation run by big ben to avoid losing to CLEAVLAND last week. Plus I don't think Pitt is undefeated so they most certainly are beatable.

On offense for the Jets, screens, draws, and QUICK THROWS will defete blitzes and aggressive D Lineman every time. Our O is BUILT on quick throws (thank you chad). Add in some delayed draws to Jones and screens to Washinton and a few long balls to Coles, and the Yellow Defense will be on their heals the whole day.

The Jets are one of the few teams that practice against a 3-4 every day. There's nothing that Pitt can do that the Jets don't try against each other in practice. No suprises.

We will score more than you think, lots of FG's (maybe 4 or 5) and a TD plus maybe another on Special Teams. Jets will be good for 20-24 points.

It's our D stopping big ben that will be the problem. Pray for the Harris factor to kick in. Don't forget, the kid is FRESH.

12. TIMEsteelersfan

TIMEsteelersfan New Member

No doubt...

No doubt who the better team is here, but this has "Trap" written all over it for a couple reasons...

1. We've just played 3 straight divisional games that were very emotional.
    2. We always seem to play like garbage on 4:00 games.

It seems you guys have been right there in a lot of games this year... every game was within one score wasn't it?

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

If there is ever a time where a saying may be true it's here.

"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Ironically, it was Herm who constantly said "Play with your will men".

Yes, they are beatable.
    No- Because our run D is scraped chum.

14. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I agree it should be a really good game. The Steelers' D is good, but still I see Clemens putting on a show. I think we have at least one advantage in that we're underrated and easy to overlook. Despite our record, Miami isn't the only team that's worse than us.. no matter what the experts think. At the very least, we're the best 1-8 team in the league. :rolleyes:

15. TIMEsteelersfan

TIMEsteelersfan New Member

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the PIT "D" is over rated.

#1 Scoring D
    #1 Pass D
    #1 Rush D
    #1 in Yards Per Play Allowed
    #5 in opposing team Passer Rating
    #1 in opposing team completion percentage
    #1 allowing 0 completions of 40 yards or more
    #4 allowing 18 completions of 20 yards or more
    #1 allowing 0 rushes of 40 yards or more
    #3 allowing 3 rushes of 20 yards or more
    #2 in Fumbles Forced
    #1 allowing only 2 rushing TD's all year
    #1 allowing 12 Total TD's scored against our D

Sure, we haven't played a tough schedule, but neither have a lot of other teams. Our "D" is hardly over rated... if anything they're not getting enough credit for what they've been able to do. We've played games without Pro Bowlers Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith and Troy Polamalu(including the shutout we pitched against seattle)... so to say we're over rated I think is a little unfair to say the least.

Elaborate for me if you will... why do you think we're over rated on D?

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

1) What has Clemens ever done to even think he could put on a "show"?
    2) We are not underrated - "We are who they think we are!"
    3) I really dont think we are that much better than Miami and I bet we lose to them in Fla. No other Team is even close to being as bad as them and us. They will both end up 1 and 15 , the next closest team will have probably have 4 wins (Rams or SF).

17. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yea Theres a way... Score More point then they do.

18. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

1) Last week, in his 2nd career start he showed he is capable of stretching the field, throwing accurately, and keeping calm under pressure. I'm not saying he's an all-star, but he pulled his weight last week and made a 1-7 team entertaining to watch.

2/3) According to 99% of the power rankings we're #31 and are being written off as a trainwreck. Yeah we're bad, but we've been in every game we've played.. it's usually just one or two plays that cause us to fall short. That's something you can't say about the other teams at the bottom of the stack that are consistently getting blown out. I honestly think we're better than Miami, SF, Atlanta, and St. L. We could easily be better than Oakland and Minn (without Adrian Peterson).

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

you forgot the word Likewise at the beginning of the post!!!!!!!!!

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

We have won 1 and lossed 5 by a Touchdown or less
    Miami Has won 0 and lossed 5 by 3 or less
    Atlanta has 3 Wins and lossed 4 by a Touchdown or less
    Oakland has 2 wins and 3 losses by a Touchdown or less
    Minnesota has 3 wins and 4 losses by a Touchdown or less

So we have been no more competitive in games than any of them have been

SF and Stl have been blown out more but still play each other guaranteeing one of them 1 more win and both have at least 3 more games with a decent chance of a win.

I Bleed Jet green but be realistic this team is a bottom of the barrel team and when push comes to shove I put Miamis D above ours