Craig Carlton

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by iceman, Nov 14, 2007.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

How is this guy on the air? What an ahole! I had to stop the Thomas Jones interview after he started out with "How bout talking to guy who is due another 40 mil for zero touchdowns." Nice. If I was TJ I would of hung up there. TJ was a pro. Carlton should get canned. I'm glad I don't have to listen to this guy everyday.

2. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Craig Carlton?

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Carton's right. Its unreal that this guy was brought in to be the Jets feature RB and it's week 11 and he still doesn't have a TD.

4. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

That being said, he's a tool and a pain in the ass to listen to because he has that "I'm right and you're wrong, don't question me," attitude. It's annoying to listen to him. Like the whole Joe Torre thing.

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yea thay guys a real douche.

6. iceman

iceman New Member

Right, and the OL shares none of blame?

7. I like Carton...

His impression of Hal Setinbrenner as the frog from "Courageous cat and minute mouse" is hilarious even after the 100th time hearing it.

He's also a Jets fan himself.

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Oh and BTW how many rushing TD's do the jets have overall? Oh yeah and how many Total offensive Td's do we have? Also how many times have we given Jones the ball inside the 5 this season?

1) Not that many
    2) Not that many
    3) Not that many

Shockingly the Jets haven't been in the games/ahead late to run the ball when we actually get into the red zone. Also Jones isn't exactly getting an average of 20+ touches a game where he gets a chance to make a big play.

sorry if my rambling isn't making any sense, but I feel that this is the case. We don't give the ball to TJ enough anywhere on the field, much less on the goaline.

9. FITM

Of course they do. The playcalling is partially to blame to. He's only getting 16-17 carries a game on average.

But Thomas Jones ranks 11th in the NFL in rushing attempts and yards.

Marion Barber is averaging 12.4 carries a game and has 6 TDs.
    Maurice Jones-Drew is averaging 11.2 carries a game and has 5 TDs.
    Jamal Lewis is averaging 16.2 carries a game and has 6 TDs.
    Kevin Jones is aveaging 11.9 carries a game and has 5 TDs.

Jones gets on average almost 18 carries a game and you can tell me that not one of those carries can go for a touchdown in 10 games?

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i just dont understand how in the hell you can beat this guy up for simply not scoring touchdowns. i just dont quite understand how that is something you can kill the guy over.

you would need to at least look at how many redzone carries he has

its just not something you can kill the guy on without killing a whole bunch of other people.

11. FITM

Well, he has 12 carries for 21 yards inside the 10.

I'm not killing the guy. I am just fascinated that we've played 10 games and this guy doesn't have one rushing touchdown.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

...and how many do you think CMart would have got? LT might sniff the redzone on our team.

13. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

give carton more of a chance. at first i thought he was a bit annoying, but after listening for a few weeks i must say that i admire his honesty, and generally agree with his opinions. his opinions may not always be the most popular, but i think the guy tells it like it is and he's pretty funny as well. he's just not your typical AM radio host. he's your average joe.

as for thomas jones not scoring a TD through 9 games, of course its absurd! anyone on here who says that his lack of touchdowns is meaningless must also think that our inability to score is not directly related to our putrid record. NEWSFLASH: if you don't score, individually or as a team, you stink and you don't win games.

14. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

of course it is impossible to quantify...

but i would imagine that if thomas jones had 5 TDs, this team would have 3-4 wins right now. rushing TDs are an indication of an offense's power, assertiveness, and overall effectiveness. if you don't score points, ESPECIALLY on the ground, you stink.

15. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I think Carton is excellent. I listen every morning. Used to listen to him when he was on WNEW "Sports Guys" with Blaine Ensley when I drove many miserable trips to NCC Guy is hilarious, and Esiason is surprising me. They're much better than Metro and Meathead in the Morning on ESPN radio. Greenberg has come off to me, for years now, as a whiny lame-o who obviously has no understanding of how any game is played.

-X-

16. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I think Carton is pretty good...........I really have to say, I don't understand the Ny radio audience at all,, people kill Carton who is sort of Joe Beningo -ess in his regular guy approach.......

and worship Francesa and the Dog who are the laziest most overrated guys on radio.not to mention phony a-holes who rip anyone when they're not around, and kiss their ass when they might be in studio

I didn't hear the Carton remarks to TJ, but have to assume he was saying it as more a shot to the Jets coaches than to TJ himself..............but if he was criticizing TJ, at least he had the balls to do it to his face

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I like the show.

18. greasyt

greasyt Member

My thoughts exactly.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

While we're talking sports talk, any thoughts on Jim Rome? He still kills the Jets for not letting him interview Curtis Martin.

20. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

i actually like greenburg, i think him and golic make a nice duo, ive never heard of this carton dude tho