Steelers/Jets 2007

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SteelCurtain96, Nov 12, 2007.

1. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Steelers will 10 run rule us before the half.

2. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

I figure Leon Washington is gonna get you guys a kickoff returned for a TD...Kellen will turn another big return into a TD, and you'll have a drive for a FG

Steelers 28-17

3. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

AW, c'mon! You gave them a safety!!! Safeties are the coolest!

4. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Really you guys should be focusing on the Pats.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

31-9 steelers. I see us not even getting to the endzone. Yeah,it's gonna be ugly.

6. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

Steelers 1,000,000 Jets " -500,000"....... thats how far apart these teams are.

7. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

We get 44 safeties.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I say we stay in it and then fold in the 4th...

9. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

They run all over our porous defense but Kellen and the offense comes to play and we stay in it...of course...till that play that determines the game goes the wrong way:

I'll say:

Steelers: 31
    Jets: 27

Jets up by field goal with 2 minutes left in the fourth quarter, Roethlesberger drives downfield and then they fake a kick and get a TD, plus two pointer.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

This is going to be a tough one. But at this point, which game isn't for this team. That being said, the only positive is that Kellen gets to practice against some elite teams like the Steelers, Cowboys and Pats.

11. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

Jets 28 - Steelers 21

12. Todd14

Todd14 Member

I don't get it. A few weeks ago Chad was the reason the Jets looked so bad this year. Now we have KC in there and we still suck and as some of you have stated, we could lose the rest of our games. What's the deal? Was Chad the reason we looked so bad or not? All this "KC is the man" talk, I thought we would start winning with Chad benched. I am confused...

13. Pride

Pride New Member

Its about getting the kid reps, letting him learn and grow and seeing what you have. Not one positive comes from playing Chad, with Clemens in there you get a look at the future and get on the job experience

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Exactly. We know this year is done. Playing Kellen is not about winning now, its about know if we have a QB of the future.

Chad IS the past. Yea, he was a large part of the reason we lost our "winable" games. we have a much harder schedule at the end of the season and thus expect to lose.

The way you state that you really must be the last big Chad supporter. Congrats on holding on to the past that long. Who knows, maybe if you wish hard enough Jow Willy will come back for one game.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's going to be a rout. The Steelers are exactly the kind of big, physical team that the Jets cannot compete with at the moment.

The Jet's offense may manage to keep the Jets in the game for awhile, particularly if they get a special teams score, however the defense is going to spend the whole game back on their asses watching the Steelers move at will.

One huge factor would be which Roethlisberger shows up. If the Marino impersonator is there we're going to see a 48-17 type game. If the other guy shows up it could be closer.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I would not predict a high score. On the other hand I see Pittsburgh holding the ball for over 40 mins. Perhaps 100 yards for both Parker and Davenport? Nont out of the question by any means.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Steelers have scored 31+ points 4 times this season already, including twice against Cleveland's 3-4, which is only a bit better than the Jets 3-4.

They have 4 rushers who have at least a 30 yard rush this season and 2 receivers who have a 40+ yard pass.

They are going to tear through our defense like it's tissue paper.

If Roethlisberger inexplicably has as bad a game as he had twice against the 2004 Jets then we'll be in it, however given the difference in the two Jets defenses that's kind of like saying if the Easter Bunny drove the sleigh it'd be raining carrots on Christmas Eve.

18. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

41-17 Steelers

Their offense is scary- Santonio Holmes is becoming a very good NFL WR. Willie Parker is the type of shifty back that will find his way past the swiss-cheese Jets front 7. I said it in the preseason and people questioned me; this is the worst Jets defense we have seen this century and maybe longer.

I'll be happy if the Jets keep it within 3 TDs. Fortunately, I'm numb to the losing by now.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I don't disagree they will run all over us. I just see them taking thier time. Long scoring drives that take up most of a quarter.

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Clemens gets it rolling, defense finally shows up and finishes the game, leon returns another.

Jets shock steelers 27-17.