Why we shouldn't draft McFadden

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MyFavoriteMartin5, Nov 7, 2007.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

i guess you mean Fran Okam, the DT form Texas.

He?s probably a late 1st Rounder, if he doesn?t perform well at the Combine, we may be able to get him with our 2nd rounder

3. nevbeats319

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Oh boy, not this again.

Remember the World Series thread? I was interested in learning why you were a Rockies and Jets fan.
    Then some other poster butted in and implied I was a moron because I thought you were a Jets fan.

I find it especially funny since you have a photo of a Ford Bronco as your avatar.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Denver's outside linebackers have been awful this year. They could trade for Vilma and play him in the middle. They would move Vilma's college teammate D.J. Williams back outside.

Maybe the Jets could get the Broncos 2nd round pick (so long as they still own a 2nd round pick).

6. nevbeats319

i still think vilma and harris will be a nice pair...but if they do get rid of him...hopefully 1st round pick

7. CPenn10

CPenn10 New Member

If it were me, I wouldn't trade Vilma. I think he's a very good inside linebacker miscast in the 3-4. It's not his fault the defensive line cannot get a push.

If were part of the Mangini-Tannenbaum brain trust, I would seriously consider drafting Michigan junior wide receiver Mario Manningham (if he makes himself eligible for the draft). Manningham is the big-play receiver the Jets have needed since the Wesley Walker era.

8. nevbeats319

i like the jets receivers..they all make plays..brad smith is becoming a nice #3

9. CPenn10

CPenn10 New Member

They make plays, but it's rare that the Jets ever stretch the field. Manningham is the vertical WR the Jets need.

10. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Frank Okam is not a 3-4 NT, he has the size for it, but he would need time to learn the position, and a lot of people are questioning his work ethic right now, he has loads of talent but is VERY inconsistent.

11. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Sounds a lot like Alan Branch last year...

12. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Howie Long's kid will be playing in the OB vs. miami tonite on espn2

13. nevbeats319

i dunno..the jets need a nt...or a NEBODY WHO CAN PUT PRESSURE ON THE QB...WE DONT NEED A RB

14. nvot9

nvot9 New Member

How bout Vernon Gholston? Dude's almost as athletic as Vernon Davis, stronger than most DT's and is one of the best pass rushers in the game with 10 sacks. He compares well to Shawn Merriman and can dominate as a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB. Many scouts are now considering him a much better prospect (pass rusher at least) than Groves, people just weren't sure if he was gunna declare this year, being a Junior (likely will declare now). I'd say Groves has more experience at the OLB position considering he's playing there now, but Gholston's a freak of nature who is unmatched when it comes to rushing the passer.

15. Pride

Pride New Member

But there isnt a NT prospect anywhere close to where we pick. Long is the only guy who is up for debate. If you say dont take McFadden then give me a name of who you want. We would be foolish to take Jake long and have 2 highly paid tackles. Thomas Jones and Leon Washington are not a reason not to take McFAdden. You figure you have 3 more years out of TJ who is an above average back. When your in our shoes you cant pass on BPA for need. Theres also this thing called Free Agency which lets you fill needs

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

So, basically what you're saying is TIGHT END Vernon Davis is a better linebacker in the 3-4 than Gholston? ...because athleticism means everything.

17. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Yea I remember. I think it is funny because red and 75 have nothing to do with the Denver Broncos. I could understand with a orange 77 or something like that. I figured the avatar was a dead give away.

18. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

if you are drafting in the top 5 like we will be, you dont reach to fill a need. you either lose draft value by trading down or for the following draft year, or you take best player available. unless we go o-line again isay we take the stud rb or wr that makes plays. our defensive needs are not in this draft, most of the best defenders dont fit our scheme according to the guru's on this site. all the d-linemen dont play our style or wont fit.

19. nevbeats319

chris long, glenn dorsey

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You think that Chris Long and/or Glen Dorsey can play nose tackle in the
    3-4?

Wow.