Mike Tannenbaum is happy?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ny2dave, Nov 6, 2007.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

His "star LB" isn't playing like a star. His replacement, on the the other hand, is. This isn't exactly rocket science.

What you're not getting is his trade value is going to decrease no matter what. If he's on the field running into blockers twice his size, sitting on the bench or getting surgery, his value is decreasing. So why keep him in there? So he can really do some bad damage to his knee, and let opposing Os run all over us? For a lost season?

People take the most drastic emotional measures, and rarely look at something logically. And most of those people are chanting J-E-T-S

#101 JohnnyJohnson, Nov 8, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

It also should be pointed out that during those years the Steelers were in the playoffs a fair amount and actually went to the AFC Championship game on 6 different occasions before the SB run. All in all, Cowher did a great job in Pittsburgh. I wouldn't mind seeing some of that action come the Jets way. It would be fun.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Nope the coaching sucks this year, there is no other way around that. Like I said though, as bad as Mangini has been this half year, he was that good last. I am giving him this half year and next to see if he can turn it around. I guess giving a very young staff the benefit of the doubt based on a season and a half which showed a lot of great promise and a lot of disappointment does not sit well with others.......

#103 Miamipuck, Nov 8, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  4. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Key word? Fun. I want being a Jet fan to be fun.

5. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I wasn't thinking of Shanny for defense, it is clear he can't do that but he could get a decent coordinator. I was thinking for the O especially with Clemens.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Last Sunday was fun....Till it became clear that the officiating was going one way...

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Generally speaking even head coaches from an offensive background tend to stick with the defensive front they are most familiar with. One recent exception to the rule was Marty Schottenheimer, historically a 4-3 coach, who allowed the 3-4 to be installed in San Diego. Of course he got fired after going 14-2 so I'm not sure his example is one that will be followed by very many other people.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Did they ever show the holding penalty on Brick? I think that was the one mistake that turned the game around.

9. Hobbes3259

From the Camera angle it looks like a phantom.

Brick has the guy engaged, and as the Dlineman sheds the block, Brick goes down, but the RB is around the corner...But even in slo mo it doesnt look like the guy was impeded from separating at all.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The people at the bar kept saying this crew hates the Jets.. I never put much credence in that. Anyway without that penalty the Jets win this game easy.

11. Hobbes3259

Oh no...Thats a fact. If you see Frank Winters on the field, it's going to be really hard for the Jets to win.

Though on the end around 3 or 4 plays prior to the DBrick hold, Brandon Moore misses a block that would have sprung Cotchery probably for 6.

Instead of turning upfield when the receiver enters his peripheral vision, he just keeps heading for the sideline, like someone is waving a friggin donut at him.

12. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Thats another drawback of being a bad team. The refs called everything against you. I used to think that was just my imagination until I saw that, when we had Parcells as coach, every call seemed to go our way. Refs are biased.

13. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

[​IMG]

Now, now, y'all behave...I play to win the...the...uh...