We will have a decent to great chance of landing Mcfadden... Question is will we bite

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

As badly as we need linemen, it's still possible to fill those positions through free agency and later rounds in the draft. If McFadden goes round 1 for us, then we can grab a RT and an OG in rounds 2 and 3. Hell, we could even trade down and get more picks, like we did in 2006 so well.

2. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Do you know why Peterson runs the way he has been able to in Minni? THIER LINE ABSOLUTELY SOLID! First deal with the MAJOR holes in our lines both D and O and THEN maybe next year worry about another RB. I promise there will be a top 10 RB who everyone compares to some great RB who ran or runs behind an awesome line that year too! Fix the problems in a way that fix them for a LONG LONG TIME. Get some huge guards and tackles, a SCARY HUGE Nose tackle, and a FIERCE pass rusher this offseason and watch the Jets get better year after year.

Waste your high pics on skill positions without the ability to surround them with the means to be successfull and watch the Jets look liken the joke of the NFL again and again.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Isn't it the same OL in Minny that they had last year? Chester Taylor had a decent year last year but the line didn't make him into the next Eric Dickerson. Peterson is having the season he is because he is the most talented RB to come into this league since at least LT, he might be even more talented than LT.

The impact that Peterson is having this year might make MacFadden the top pick in the draft if as every indication he is the kind of prospect Peterson is.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We have how many picks to draft Linemen again? Name one player in this league who is worth drafting the next Lt or Adrian Peterson over that is not named Brady or Manning. Don't get me wrong both lines have to be fixed from top to bottom but as bad as we are we need the BPA with our first pick.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Too many other more pressing needs. Like some run defense. That should be a key point this offseason, along with some Oline, pass rush, ect.

6. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Anyone just give me one Player, that fills a need and isn?t a reach with a top 5 Pick.

And don?t bring up Long again, he?s undersized for the 34 in the NFL!!!

I gonna say this very often for the next few months: Get McFadden!!!

7. FOURTHANDLONG

What is wrong with using the second and third round picks on defense

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

People seem to think that because Adrian Peterson is lighting it up that the next great back coming out of college is going to do the same. Maybe, but more likely not, especially considering our run blocking is awful.

I'd rather see us trade down and aquire a bunch of picks with all of our problems if the FO sees value in the draft class. Dallas is a match made in heaven for a trade down. I've heard rumors that Jerry Jones has a hard on for McFadden and they already have 2 first round picks.

9. FOURTHANDLONG

Do you think the two players we could draft would be better than the next Lt or Adrian Peterson if he is as good as billed? This is a potential game changing talent that our team has never seen. We are rebuilding so it is worth a stretch. Why not take a risk now and get linemen in the second rd and beyond?

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The problem I have is twofold. First, there are no guarantees that McFadden will be the next LT or AP. It is more likely that he won't be. People see what Peterson is doing and assume McFadden will be just as good. A back like Peterson comes around once and a great while, and it's highly unlikely McFadden will be as good. Second, we don't have the blocking right now to support him.

I don't know much about this years draft class yet, so I can't answer your question. Like I said, IF the FO sees value in the draft I'd like to see a trade down. If they feel it's weak like this years, then by all means take the BPA with the early pick.

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I see a lot of; we have to address the trenches. Well, that is undeniably true. I still would like to see us get McFadden if he is there for us. We can do some shoring up on both lines through the FA if we are serious about it. Plus, as long as we don not trade picks away we still have the other rounds in the draft to address other areas.

I tell you what, Curtis was exciting to watch. Adrian Murrell - for a few seasons he was spectacular. Even though we are not too far removed from CM; I miss a real hot runner in the backfield.

I know we have Leon, but I do not think he carries the weight he needs physically to hold up. He is good - great even, but because of his size he goes down easy fairly often. Leon's game is making people miss. He is very good as a supporting back.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

yes, Leon is a smaller, better playmaking Kevin Faulk; Faulk has won New England games before. drafting McFadden is not writing off Leon.

Jones will start to decline in a year or two, as i think he turns 30 next year. getting McFadden now will ready him for the full load when that time comes.

Tannenbaum and Mangini can no longer ingore the dearth of talent on this team, which leads me to believe they'll make a splash in FA by signing guys at needs who'll start and make an impact (i.e. Smiley or Faneca, etc).

like i said, if you have a chance to build a juggernaut Offense, you do it; the D can still gradually be built.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

The guys is bold are the ones I go after this offseason, with Suggs we can get a better pass rush, with Michael Turner we get that great RB we want and we dont need Mcfadden and we can take Chris Long at De in the draft. Dre' Bly gives us that other corner who is even remotely good opposite Revis. Faneca is the LG we have been waiting for, even if he is a stop gap, we need a stop gap till we develop a young guy. Pat Williams because we need a huge NT to eat up blocks, and since I don't think there is a star NT in this draft willams could be that guy for a year. With Stokely/Crayton they give us a good #3 reciever to replace Mccareins, because he is just not that good. you could even toss Lorenzo Neal into the mix because we could use a FB, seeing as how we play neither FB at all... but if we sign a few of these guys, we will improve by leaps and bounds next year. If we make every move and get Chris Long in the draft, I think we have a shot at a Superbowl run next year even with the Pats around. Now that being said I would be shocked if we sign 2 of my highlighted guys, much less all of them...

14. Calz

Calz New Member

Anyone consider that we could possibly take McFadden to keep him away from New England, then trade down to a team who wanted him, virtually guaranteeing a win-win situation?

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah we could do that, as long as He isn't in New England I dont care where he goes......

16. CharlotteJet

CharlotteJet New Member

Hell...we need a FB to block first!

17. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

If Mcfadden is there pick him up he is a gem..we can worry about filling the other wholes the rest of the draft but don't pass up on him..

18. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

No, no, no, and HELL NO. Not only should we not spend a first on RB, he is seriously overrated.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just out of curiousity, why does anybody think we need a RB as a priority at this point?

Jones is ok as a primary option at this point if the line is any good and Washington is an excellent change-of-pace who had future primary written all over him.

If the Jets had gotten their hands on Adrian Peterson this year he'd have 440 yards right now and a 4.0 average at best. That's what this line supports. He'd probably have gotten hurt already given his potential injury impairments.

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The first pick which is likely to be a top 3 pick should be about getting the BPA irregardless of position, unless of course we could trade down for a boatload of picks. This team is in serious need of a talent upgrade and certainly could use some playmakers. Thomas Jones is a nice back but not good enough to pass on a great talent like McFadden. The OL definetely needs to be improved but it doesn't have to be with a high first round pick.

Besides I don't buy your argument that AP would only have 440 yards at this point. You are severly underrating his talent.. Chester Taylor looked like a serviceable RB last year behind practiccly the same line, AP looks like the MVP of the league.