Jets lost for the same reasons

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by discostu570, Nov 4, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Yesterdays loss was all on Pennington.

Coles is brain damaged from going after Chads baloons

Brad Smith didn't finish a pass patern because it was beyond Pennington's range

Brad Smith didn't extend with his arms for a ball because he expected the defender to beat him to the spot

Washington dropped a Clemens pass that hit him in the chest because Chad is so accurate he only hits Washington in the hands.

Cotch is still trying to figure out what that thing was that hit him in the hands so hard because of Chad.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You know that's not how I meant it, Wisecakes.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I wasn't being a smart aleck there. I don't think you meant it any other way than how I took it.
    Mangini is in the business of winning football games. You know I thought it was foolish for Pennington to continue to start games after Week 2. There was no vision from Mangini. He couldn't see then that Pennington can't play effectively anymore.
    If he kept Pennington in there to show loyalty, then Mangini is a nutbag. This is not Bible camp. This is football.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Colicky. Me likey. Hehe.

What I meant is that all we kept hearing was speculation that Mangini was losing the team (Jones grumbling, Baker grumbling). Nobody is a happy loser, I realize that; but Chad is highly respected amongst his teammates. Throwing him under the bus too soon would have sent a very poor message and here's why I think so: It's glaringly obvious that the Jets failure is a collective effort and is not entirely on Pennington's shoulders. I'm not seeing Clemens any later than I expected to if the season began truly tanking. I'm sure we differ here, but that's what discussion is for.

#44 jetophile, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2007