We will have a decent to great chance of landing Mcfadden... Question is will we bite

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Nov 5, 2007.

1. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

Miami will probably land number 1, even if we lose to them we are the more likely team to win a game from here on out.

St.Louis slides in at number 2, Theyre terrible and could very well compete for the top overall pick...

Both these teams have two things in common.... They suck and they have franchise running backs...

Dolphins are set with ronnie brown who was having a top 5 statistical season until he blew out his knee..

Rams have jackson who is an animal when healthy....

The Jets??? We have thomas jones who is a very good back given the right situation... THe jets O-line sucks and we have an obvious lack of explosiveness on the offensive side of the ball and for that matter at every defensive position... We actually have more holes that picks so the fix wont come unless we sign some major maulers on the 0-line and d-line through free agency... The big question is, do we go for the best available player who will obviously be mcfadden and build a great two headed monster in jones and the rookie or avoid free agency again and go for a pass rusher or tackle? Insight?

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Wouldnt mind having a Tandem of Thomas Jones who will be 30 next season and the young gunner McFadden who can be our Adrian Peterson unfortunately we have so many holes to fill that we might have to trade our picks for more or go with the best available defensive linemen most likely Chris Long but adding a guy like Darren McFadden can be a big big move right there but then again where the Jets and we rarely make the right decision.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This is one of the hardest Draft Decisions in Franchise History. IMO we should take McFadden if he falls to us. The Next Adrian Peterson is worth the risk! This is something that could haunt our franchise for years to come. We need a Nt, Lb's, De's and everything else on Defense more than a Rb but with a chance to get a special game changing talent like this I say we go for it. We are rebuilding and this mess has to be fixed over a few years. I say pull the trigger and get Mcfadden.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If he is even close to as good as Peterson it is a no brainer. Though if he is as good as Peterson he will likely be the #1 pick in the draft. This team is in no position to pass on the BPA regardless of what position he plays..

5. Snappy

Snappy New Member

I think they need to take a hard look at Glenn Dorsey from LSU if they end up with a top 5 pick. After watching our D-Line play this year, that is far and away our #1 need.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't think it's a question, if McFadden is available you HAVE to take him.

On a side note, the Rams will finish the season with more wins than the Jets. There's just too much talent on that team.

7. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

We have so many needs its hard to pin point the priority but I would say DL and LB's first. A top tier defense can always keep you in the game. And didn't we just sign Thomas to a big contract?

8. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

9. FOURTHANDLONG

I agree with you regarding the top tier Defense but that is going to take years to change. The Jets have not had a game changing player on Offense that I can think of in my lifetime. If Mcfadden is available he is to good to pass on. Name one player who is not a Qb or Randy moss that you could even debate taking over Lt or Adrian Peterson. Mcfadden is supposed to be that good.

10. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

We Can't pass on McFadden, if we did we would feel like the Texans with a hangover. Jones won't last 2 maybe 3 seasons and we need a new Curtis, my concern is putting such valuable commodities in the hands of Manginamare and his incompetents.

11. NCaprio

NCaprio New Member

In a perfect world we can draft McFadden and trade Vilma and Chad for more picks which should be used on the D.

But thats a perfect world. Im so torn on this issue.

12. FOURTHANDLONG

I have to agree. We must draft Mcfadden.

13. Clemens 2008

Clemens 2008 New Member

Curtis Martin was a great back that isn't fair.

14. Clemens 2008

Clemens 2008 New Member

I would also like to see mcfadden drafted

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Although I think that a franchise QB or building the trenches can be vital to a team's success, I think that we can and should build our team around McFadden.

So far we have the following building blocks:

LT D'Brick (2006)
    C Mangold (2006)
    QB Clemens (2006)
    WR # 1 Coles
    WR # 2 Cotchery

MLB Harris
    CB (# 1 or # 2?) Revis
    S Rhodes

KR Justin Miller and Leon Washington

Everyone else on our team is expendable IMHO (Bryan Thomas might be useful if he is switched back or the other side).

Rd 1 McFadden
    Rd 2 DE, DT, RT or Pass rusher (best available of these positions)
    Rd 3 CB or G unless someone impressive falls to us
    Rd 4 CB or G unless someone impressive falls to us

If we add 2 or 3 high quality free agents, we can at least put some points on the board.

16. Clemens 2008

Clemens 2008 New Member

who wil be free agents next year?

Are there any big name free agents next year.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

Curtis Martin was a great back and a Hall of famer. He was consistent and tough. With that said he had a great offensive line most of the time. Curtis was not on the level of guys like Lt, Peterson and Sanders. There is a difference between having the stats and having superior talent like the above mentioned Rb's. We need somebody who should be feared when he steps on a football field!

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

We need a whole new defense.

19. Clemens 2008

Clemens 2008 New Member

Yeah I can agree with that.

I just thought that martin still forced changes to other teams game plans although he might not have been as explosive as the other RB's you mentioned.

20. FOURTHANDLONG

He did but the others are on a different level. It's like Randy Moss. You can triple cover him and when he is in zone it does not matter. Brady said that he has just thrown it up to moss five times this year and he has gotten td's out of it. It is time for the Jets to get their Barry Sanders or Peyton Manning. A once in a lifetime player.