Bow down to Leon..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Nov 5, 2007.

1. GreenMachine

Leon is the biggest bright spot this team has. And probably our only pro Bowler

[​IMG]

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I would certainly bow down to Leon this morning if he didn't drop that sure TD yesterday.

This thread should really be titled bow down to Mike Westhoff or the kick return blocking. It is no coincidence that no matter who we put back there becomes the best KR in the game.

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I must agree. It is too bad our O-line isn't better; he could potentially be lethal with better point of attack blocking.

4. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Check out David Harris' block on the kickoff return. He's the key to Leon's ability to cut the play outside for a TD.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Also, good point. Look at the blocking in that footage. Just beautiful.....It was like Leon was following a wave at the shore. But, in the end, he is pretty fast, too.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yet, we dont use him as a FB when we need to pound the ball....

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Leon is a little beast , Nobody can touch em with those kickoff returns

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I for one wouldn't want to use a guy who is arguably our best defender and line him up as a FB to smash through the pile. You're playing the odds at that point, that his body won't get twisted/turned or sat up on the wrong way while in a pile.

No thanks.

I'm all for "clever" schemes, but let's use someone with alot less value to the team, like Kody Spencer.

9. Quack

Quack New Member

Well that one drive that Kowalewski came in for he did well, both catching that deflected touchdown throw and in blocking. We ran well out of the I. I just don't know why we didn't do it more.

10. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Brad Kassell? That we pulled Barton, who had been playing a pretty good game, and plugged that incompetent Kassell in there when we had Washington pinned on their own two yesterday, pissed me off to no end....

And of course, Washington ran right at him for a nice gain....

Ugh

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I bow down to no one that drops easy TD passes....but he is pretty good as a kickoff returner...who was that guy last year? Jason Miller?

12. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I would have more of a problem about a guy who's not used to carrying the ball running it in goal line situations. That's begging for a fumble.

And the point about Westhoff is excellent. The guy lives up to his "special teams guru" reputation well.

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Leon is a beast. Its funny I was saying to a freind when the stat came up about 2 td's ran in , I said "You know I cant remember when a Jet Broke the Two Td's returned in a season" and then he broke it! The drop can be forgiven . I knew there would be an increase in the drops with the added speed in the passing. I Just wish we could have salvaged a W but not this year Im affraid!

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Save the bows for when he learns how to make clutch offensive plays that hit him in the hands.

15. Anarcho Fukayama

Anarcho Fukayama New Member

I missed the second half of the game (family obligations and DVR on the fritz), so I didn't get a chance to see Leon's dropped TD. Does anyone have a clip of that? Or the Brad Smith drop(s) for that matter?

16. GreenMachine

I will try and upload them later

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha, "Jason Miller". Good one.

I left a message for a friend yesterday in real time. It was perfect. You couldn't script it. It went something like this:

"The Kellen Clemens era begins. Jets to receive. Jets line up. Washington kicks off to er, Washington. Leon takes it out. HOLY CR*P! I...GO! GO! GO! Gah! GAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! (keeps screaming - holds up phone for crowd noise)!" :lol:

Too bad we screwed ourselves in the end. Damn it; but I bet that voicemail doesn't get deleted for a long, long time. Hehe.

18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sigh. Yes, that was disappointing; but tons of bad receiving plays. Almost all of them were costly (Smith, Cotchery). It was still exciting to watch. Gave me the false impression we were going to have mojo yesterday. Big dope that I am.

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Leon is a Dolphins killer.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I agree not taking anything away from Leon but we have always had great SP since we got Westhoff.