Cowher: Brady could be target of cheap shot

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by RSherryJr, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

This is a sentiment that makes sense. In fact, I don't disagree. I just find the other stuff offensive.

Anyway, I don't recall these sentiments when Manning was throwing his 49 TD's, or when St Louis was running it up throwing deep late in the game against teams that were already finished. Where were the questions about running it up, then?

This is just another Patriot issue...it's because it's the Patriots and not some other team that it's an issue.

2. Regardless of any cheap shots, etc...

The Patriots are gonna find out the hard way how it feels when the tables are turned. If/when they lose a game this season or beyond..do not be surprised if the other teams runs up the score far BEYOND what the Patriots are doing.

In the words of Stephen Pearcy what goes around comes around.

3. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I have no problem with the Patriots running up the score, but at the same time, I don't have a problem with players trying to cheap shot Brady either. Everything in life is a tradeoff of cause and reactions. If they continue going down this route, they should expect some retaliation of this sort. I don't wanna see any of them crying if something like that should befall them...they were asking for it.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Your grandfather was Sensei John Kreese? Awesome. Sweep the leg, baron.

5. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

My very first concert! Outdoors in kingston, NH, with RATT, Twisted Sister, and Lita Ford. 1984

....and now, back to our regularly scheduled program....

6. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

LOL...I was lost for a second.

Wax on!

7. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

So....that means that the Patriots are within their rights to retaliate when they see someone take a shot at Brady, right? Eye for an eye.

Who do you think wins the contest of mauling the other team's players? Who would be more likely to survive such a game...Brady, or Clemens/Pennington?

8. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Where in Kingston did they have a concert???

9. TheDooner64

TheDooner64 Member

I want a team to play the Pats like thugs, it's not like they're just scoring a lot.......they're also spiking the ball after scoring with 2 seconds left in the 4th. It's bullshit. Not that I want Brady to get hurt, I just want a team to play the Pats without their tails between the legs.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

And that's exactly the road they'd go down if someone took a shot at them. It would be a nasty cycle.

I don't get this reaction people are having though. This is football for crying out loud! If you want to watch a sport with scoring limits watch tennis.

11. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Yep. I don't see a problem with that either. I think it'd be worth it.

12. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

It was an outdoor concert/biker rally. "Round and Round" was their only hit at the time, and Twisted Sister had "We're not gonna take it" on the charts at the time.

It was so long ago, I don't remember where, but it wasn't too far up 93, there was a big clearing there in the woods...of course, that doesn't narrow it down.

13. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Thank YOU! Imagine how Jets Nation would cheer when Tom Brady's tibia snaps! We cheer when our own QB gets hurt.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Of course nobody would ever rip Manning but I do recall alot of outcry against Mike Martz when he kicked on oniside kick in the 3rd quarter ironically against the Jets when the Rams lead like 38-10.

15. Tai Mai Shu

Tai Mai Shu Banned

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/31/AR2007103102746.html

Anyone who complains that the Patriots are unsporting doesn't get what they're watching: an attempt at total mastery. Their quest for perfection makes for a good game of Risk, and some high drama, too: They're in position to go undefeated if they get by the also-unbeaten Colts this weekend, and no matter whether they accomplish a perfect record or not, the way in which they're attempting it is intriguing. The Patriots refuse to outwardly acknowledge what they're after, or to admit they're even thinking about it. Belichick stares blankly and mouths platitudes, while quarterback Tom Brady feigns modesty, and dimples as innocently as Shirley Temple. Meanwhile, every scoreboard shouts their obsession, their average margin of victory is 25 1/2 points, and they haven't scored fewer than 34 points in a game, or won by fewer than 17. No wonder some fans despise them.

It's interesting that two people who defended the Patriots this week, and who seem to best understand them, are former Super Bowl quarterback Joe Theismann, and tight end Chris Cooley, who was the only Redskin to get into the end zone Sunday.

"If the Patriots want to play 60 minutes of football, good for them," Theismann told The Post's Mark Maske. "What happens if you play Tom Brady three quarters every week and you have your team used to playing three quarters, and then you go to Indianapolis and you can't get by playing three quarters?"

Cooley not only declined to criticize the Patriots, he was openly admiring. "We've had halftime leads, both times we lost, and it's a lesson that we can learn from those guys," Cooley said. "I think it's good they pile the points on. It teaches their guys to keep playing hard. . . . Right now they're killing everybody. I don't fault them."

16. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I agree, If this was our team we'd have a bunch of kids with their chest out saying FK THE WORLD..and SO THEN STOP US!
    But,
    Since we are at the bottom we actually have people wishing for injuries...pretty sad.

I actually would love to see us raise our game and start playing football competitively rather than see NE get hurt and crumble to our lowly level.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Kingston is a pretty small little town, which is why I asked. They have a decent open spot near the state park where they could have had it outdoors, but I am not sure that would have been ideal. Also, Kingston isn't off of 93 so you may have it confused with another town. I only ask because I live one town over.

18. Beamen

Beamen New Member

FYI, A broken tibia will keep you out 2 months, tops... Not career ending, at all

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The Patriots are their fans make me sick.

Most classless team I can remember, and their fans defend everything they do as perfect.

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

And i wouldn't really be too upset.