Coles likely out sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by willyot, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is true. Multiple concussions are becoming a strong predictor of early retirement for NFL players, particularly at WR and QB which are the two most vulnerable positions on the field to sustaining that type of injury.

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Bad news about Laverneous. I don't often use the words 'great player' but in this instance it seems fitting. Get well soon LC.

I think there is a chemistry between Clemens and McCareins and reckon that this match up could be one to watch , maybe KCs quicker release suits JMac better. I'm still not ready to give up on him and now we have a genuine deep threat , look for JMac to turn on the burners for the score.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

OMFG...how ironic...in his last as the starter of the Jets, Chump Chumpington manages to finally causes our best receiver to get taken out of the lineup. What a fckin prick.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: FUCK CHAD PENNINGTON!

And for all of you that have been confusing ego with heart, just wait to see how much he whines to get his way out of the team he supposedly loves this offseason.

4. gustoonarmy

You say all of the above and have Brick as your sig , how ironic.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Your kidding right? I would like to see Brad and Wallace Wright get more work. Too bad Chansi got injured.

6. gustoonarmy

Beacuse they are so excellent. Lets see now , we need to trade.........the entire team and all our draft picks for the Pats..AH HA!! Problem solved.

Lets see what JMac can do with a QB who has an arm huh.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I can't get past those huge drops JM had in that Ravens game.

8. gustoonarmy

Like alot of us , me included. They were inexcusable. IMO Jmac relies alot on timing , hes practised alot with Clemens and was intesesting that at the end of the Bills game that KC went JMac. More to come? maybe.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

But was that after Coles went out? I could be wrong.

10. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

11. gustoonarmy

It was you are right , but we were running 3 wr sets by then (I think)

12. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

I agree with some of the above posters. I'm not sure if Coles is married, or even has children, but it may be time to rethink his future, one beyond football. How upsetting was it to read that on the night before his biggest day ever, a celebration of his career in New Jersey - Chrebet worried that he'd forget what to say; or that when he takes his children to the playground on the swing set, he'd rather be curled up in bed.

#32 Matty Jets, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

hahhaa yes!

Why thanks I did not know the difference between the words (I just woke up), just as you do not know the difference between our QB's.

hahahahah yeah the Pats had a "few" big plays and got hit when they made the catch. OK good analysis there thanks. So the score was much closer than it appeared. Must have been a real barn burner, the 52-7 score is a little bit misleading................ I understand.

BTW, this is a Coles is out thread.............. Not an OMG the Redskins are so good in the secondary and can hit like a truck thread. Feel free to start one of those or why they are going to crush the Jets thread with a detailed analysis............ we need some threads like that.

#33 Miamipuck, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
  14. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I guess this move pretty much makes it official

WR Chris Davis Signed to Active Roster

Published: 11-03-07
    By Jets PR Department

The New York Jets signed wide receiver Chris Davis to the active roster. The announcement was made by Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Davis (5'10", 180) was re-signed to the practice squad Oct. 29 after he was released from the practice squad Oct. 25. He was originally signed by the Jets as a rookie free agent July 26, waived Sept. 1 and signed to the practice squad Sept. 3.

In four season at Wake Forest, Davis had 62 receptions for 721 yards and four touchdowns and rushed for 175 yards and one score in four seasons at Wake Forest. He spent portions of the past two seasons with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League, tallying nine catches for 83 yards.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You mean like the ton of excuses you have made for Chad? I actually looked at your post history after that laughable comment you made about pulling Clemens after one game and I've realized your only purpose lately on this board had been making excuses for Chad's arm. The team's problems aren't encapsulated by Chad but give me a break.

16. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I'm thinking that if JM is in, there's going to be even more. We've seen Cotch drop Clemens' bullet passes, cause he's not used to it. But JM couldn't even catch Pennington's passes. For an NFL reciever, his hands just aren't good enough.

17. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

As crappy as JM has been, I think he might be able to step up in this game. They need to give him something easy early to build his confidence and slowly work him into the deep patterns.

And yes, we definitely need to draft a WR within the first 3 rds in the draft. Coles' days are unfortunately numbered, the damage has already been done.

18. FatStupidLoser

But I thought they were. At least that's what the majority on here have been saying. Some don't, and I used to add to those discussions a little with those people. But you're right, recently I've just been taking the approach of illustrating absurdity by being absurd. Alot of people aren't getting it, I guess. My recent posts have been no more ridiculous than what I've been reading the last six weeks. I'll get bored in a while and get back to normal. Anyway I made a new friend!:beer:

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the thing, the majority on here hasn't been saying it's all Chad's fault. You have to be able to discern between the majority and the vocal minority. Sometimes it's difficult, especially on this board.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think if McCareins plays the majority of the snaps tomorrow he's fairly likely to pull down 4 balls for 75 yards or so. Clemens thinks he has chemistry with him and that's all it will take with the Redskins doubling Cotchery to try to shut him down.

The other guy I think might have a big day is Chris Baker. He's probably been the most frustrated Jet receiver over the last few seasons, being asked to block on 70% of the passing downs and then not even being a priority checkdown for Chad, who prefered the guys on the outside to him.