The Chad Pennington era is over, The Post has learned exclusively.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

All I can say is I hope you are right. Nothing would make me happier I hope Kellen can throw while he is running cause I am thinkin he will be doing plenty of that

2. bigoakley

bigoakley New Member

I'm embarrassed to be a jets fan today, not because theyre a joke but because of some of the things you are all saying...I mean...are some of you actually serious that you think chad ended Chrebet and Curtis's careers? You're blaming pennington for that? So every receiver who has had to retire due to concussions can fully blame their qb, or this only applies to chad? Curtis played till he was 32 and his career was cut short cause chad can't throw deep?

Yeah chad is done and all, but name a jets qb other than Namath who was more successful. I'm all for moving on, but seriously all these insane comments and venom toward chad is embarrassing. You all sound like damn Raiders fans.

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yeah I'm serious.

Chrebet's and Martin's careers came to a close under Chad Pennington.

Coles' almost ended yesterday, again under Pannington.

Any of those by themselves is life in football. When it's multiple occurrances, and there's only one constant, that's a problem.

And I'd like to see one person legitimately say that Coles was not left high and dry yesterday, as has been done before by Chadwick.

We're not talking about a first time offender here.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Oh, and BTW, you want one other Jets QB who was more successful?

Vinny Testaverde led the team INTO the AFC Championship game, not a missed field goal short of it.

5. Pride

Pride New Member

If not for a torn achilles he would have won a SB also. Vinny>Chad

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Eh.

I can't stand Vinny, never could.

I was just answering the question. Vinny was more successful than Chad. I won't go any further than that.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wait I thought it was Herms fault CMarts career got cut short due to injuries? I need to get all this blame straightened out. So it's Chads fault that Curtis, Chrebet & Coles careers have or will be cut short, who is to blame for Chad/s career getting cut short?

8. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

Is that a fact?

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Im not about to piss on Chad's grave, but I really missed the fire that he had in his eyes before he shoulder was shot, before he broke his wrist, before couldnt throw the ball over 40 yards and when he was head-butting teammates. Lately he has played like a 12 year old school girl, and his time has rightly come to an end.

I'll always remember the good times he gave us, but his play this season has left a very bitter taste over something that used to taste sweet. That's what Chad is guilty of....ruining the good memories that he once created:shit:

10. Pride

Pride New Member

I like to think so:wink:

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I was one of the people who blamed Herm for Curtis' career being cut short. But that's why hindsight is far clearer than watching it happen. Can you deny that there is a possibility that Herm put the ball in Martin's hands so often because Chad couldn't make the throws to open up the passing game?

Yes, Chrebet had concussions under Vinny T, but his career ended on a floater from Chad. Is that true, or untrue?

Was yesterday's hit on Coles the first time he's been hit like that in the air trying to catch a Chad thrown butterfly?

Again, Chad is the common denominator. Anyone who thinks Chad hasn't put more players in harm's way than is acceptable is not being realistic.

12. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

You mean the mediocrity that netted 3 playoff spots in 5 years with the other 2 years he was injured? I'll take that mediocrity any day. You better hope like anything Clemens is the real deal.

13. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

He's a solid back-up QB for now.

Down the line, I also think he'd make a kick-ass football analyst -- he's got the smarts, personality, and eloquence to be a hall of fame . . . commentator.

14. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

How is Chad guilty of that? As recent as last year he had us in the playoffs. Good memories don't last as long as they used to I guess.

15. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Are you really this dumb? Take your head out of your ass, wake up and do some research.

Wayne and Chad played only 48 of his 152 games together. He was too short and got smashed, it was not Chads fault.

And Curtis was killed by Tubby Tuna and Herm over using him.

I just want to say thanks to Chad, it was a good run. Lots of fun. The Colts 41-0 and the SD Barton game were 2 of the best games in the last 25 years.

16. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

Its official: Kellen Clemens is the Starter

Mangini just annonced it, He said Kellen has earned the opportunity, Let the KC era begin

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Has he done anything this year that reminds us of the old Pennington? I didnt think so....

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Blaming Chad for Martin having an injury at the end of his career is one of the most retarded, illogical ideas I've read in this board in the last few hours.

19. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Get ready, his reply is soon to come, you might even get that the wildfires in Cally are because of CP.

20. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

I like to think that the Jets would have won in 2003 if chad hadn't broken his arm and in 2004 if he hadn't torn his rotator cuff but that doesn't make it true.:wink:
    aliotheFOOL, I'd like to see you tell CP to his face that he can go to hell. My guess is that you're hiding behind your keyboard, a little boy with 1% of the Toughness that Chad has. I hate to see him lay Coles out like that too but honestly, show just a little bit of class. I'm ashamed to be a jets fan sometimes.