The Chad Pennington era is over, The Post has learned exclusively.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Oct 29, 2007.

1. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Chad should be traded to a team that is throwing to fullbacks, TEs and short passes. There are teams that still use that WC offense but it doesn't work here. KC, lets see whatcha got. Going back to the last draft wouldn't it been nice to have drafted OT,OG,RB and WR and QB. My best guess is we will have to do over next year what we should have done last time.

2. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Revisionist History

Pennington bashers are a bunch of s*&%bags. Plain and simple.

Chad Pennington:
    1) QB of Jets during some of the most successful years in team history.
    2) True competitor
    3) Extremely proficient when on healthy
    3) Great role model for kids
    4) Never embarassed the organization acting like an ass or being a criminal
    5) All his injuries were game related, not on his Harley or some crap like that
    6) Always a class act with his fellow players and coaches
    7) Whether he did or not, acted like he liked playing for the Jets
    8) Saved a lot of money on his car insurance using gieco
    9) Owner of one of the weakest arms in league history
    10) Just screwing with you, Pennington sucks and always has

3. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I was there when he broke his wrist in that Giants pre-season game. He was *never* the same player. He lost a big chunk of his confidence/attitude.

He went from executing sick play fakes where he'd turn his back to the defense, to a guy who became too cautious.

Also, his arm was never the same after the 1st shoulder injury, and he never had much of an arm to begin with.

Yeah he has guts, but guts ain't enough.

He can't throw.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LOL, Then have a meet and greet with the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

5. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

I agree with you 100%. Dont bash the guy cause he had injuries.

6. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Well said- it's not like he intentionally did it. The anti-Chad camp is just reaching for straws at this point.

Whatever- their baseless assumptions still don't make up for the fact that Coles would run through a wall for Chad. I want KC in, but piling it on Chad (calling him selfish, etc.) is just completely ridiculous. He did enough towel-waving in 2005, for crying out loud.

Chad will be a Viking next year IMHO- Childress loves the West Coast offense and he'd be in a good situation with a great O-line and a great running game.

7. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Im glad you pointed out some of the positives in his career. them sick play fakes were nasty. WOuld you be catious to turn your back on this line?? I would I wouldnt wanna face them either.

8. themasochist

themasochist New Member

Chad is not dead folks. He's our highly capable #2 now, and with this crappy OL play, he'll undoubtedly be back in there within 4 games.

I am willing to give Clemens the benefit of the doubt, but this team stinks inside and out right now, from top to bottom. Don't expect much.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Reaching for straws?

Are you serious?

Of course you are. You're a Chad apologist, and by extension, delusional.

Baseless assumptions about what exactly?

That he can't throw a tight spiral 20 yards downfield and hit a man in stride?

That he's been the QB when Chrebet's career came to end after multiple concussions?

That the reliance on Curtis Martin to cover up Chad's inability to make a big play probably cut a Hall of Fame career short?

That Coles more than likely received a concussion for "walking through a wall" for Chad yesterday, and not for the first time?

Yeah, the Chad haters are completely unrealistic with their assertion that Chad sucks ass. Because we all know that he's just too nice a guy for that to be true.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Chad is responsible for Toon's career getting cut short due to concussions too. Lets not forget that..

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

What did he say that was wrong? Chad gave us everything he had, was the classiest representation of the team in the world, and that his teammates were willing to do anything for him.

Chrebet had concussions before Chad got there.

Curtis Martin was going to get the ball no matter who was quarterback. I forget, who was quarterback when he won the rushing title? Oh right, Testaverde.

Chad is not a good quarterback. I know that. But the personal attacks on him by many on this board are ridiculous. I'm ecstatic Kellen Clemens is starting, but we don't need to piss on Chad to praise Kellen.

12. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Good post... And to add onto that, Coles, at the age of 29? or 30, has already stated that he wants to call it quits within 2 seasons....

So if Chrebet's 95 concussions in only a couple years with Chad isn't evidence enough, how about Coles getting his ass kicked non-stop since 2002? And one of the toughest players I have ever seen wanting to call it quits before his 32nd birthday...?

Even without all the mistakes and poor decisions by Chad, his hospital balls are reason enough for him to be benched...

Thank God it's over

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Coles is the type who speaks his mind. He loves Chad Pennington. I'm sure he would want to quit football before he gets crippled, some guys are just like that. We'll see if he actually lives up to his word. Some do, most don't.

14. slimmjim45

slimmjim45 New Member

most overrated jet ever

15. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

He had one good season in 2002. A lot of promise, but he never lived up to that promise. Too many injuries bled him dry.

16. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Most lack of thought, ever.

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

most lack of thought, ever.

18. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

...and that is why God hates jet fans.

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Superbowl XLVIII Vikings QB Chad Pennington raises the Lombardi Trophy.

20. Pride

Pride New Member

ThanK God Chad's finally Done, thanks for everything but step 1 out of mediocrity is complete.