The Chad Pennington era is over, The Post has learned exclusively.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Sonic710

Sonic710 New Member

No a really dumb comment is telling Chad to go to hell

2. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Excellent post, I hope every NYJ fan reads this and maybe something clicks in some of their skulls. Your last sentence is dead on, some people on here think he is the savior, far from it, he just does not have the experience and smarts yet, but he will.

3. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Wow what a post. You want a guy who has just been pulled from a game, whose career has probably just ended to jump up and down for the guy who is taking his job. That would have been total bullshit. Of course he is not happy, who would be. Aint no way Chad came on to the field with the intention of losing. Our team sucks face it. From top to bottom. Chad is a part of that no doubt. But as you will see when Kellen comes in , a new Qb aint solvin nothing. We need an offensive line to give the Qb time to throw , so we can use our brand new running back to move the ball. With our present line playing the way it is , we will not win another game.
    Watch this Sunday and you will see Chad support who ever is playing Qb for the Jets. He will have had a week to prepare himself. But to expect him to be happy about bein pulled from a game is nuts.

#43 Greatful Jethead, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  4. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Best post of the day...I am with ya bro

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Same old Jet fans if you ask me. Way to be classy folks. Hopefully you will all give Clemens until next year before you start manufacturing his cross to hang on. If I was this kid I would be scared shitless of coming out and being anything less than the 2nd coming of JWN.

6. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

You're going to be blown away when Kellen starts moving the ball and suddenly our run game is opened up. I'm calling banner day for TJ...all thanks to a QB change. Much like when Romo replaced Drew "statue" Bledsoe last year, you will be amazed at the difference a mobile QB that can make strong throws on the fly will make in our O. I may be a tad bit emotional right now, but I've been sick of seeing #10 since last year, even when we were doing well.

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to seeing what Kellen could do. He looks like he has some playmaking ability, worst case is we find out that he is not the answer before we pass on another franchise caliber Qb in the next draft.

This Chad bashing has got to stop, the man left his heart on the field for this team and in the end was unable to come back from his injuries to become the QB he was. It is a shame that another promising Jets career was essentially cut short by injuries..

8. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

If watching the Jets win last year still made you sick of Chad there is no hope for you and fans like you, you are the kind of "fans" that complain win or lose and nothing is ever good enough. I feel for you, I really do.

9. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

i hope that KC can come in and provide a spark but we shall see, i don't think its a given.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

First off, you should never ever hope against your team.

Second, while I understand being angry at those who cheered his injury, I don't see how you can blame anyone for saying vile things towards him. He sucks, and he's led to at least one retirement.

He is directly responsible for ending Chrebet's career.

He is almost surely responsbile for ending Curtis Martin's.

He came within inches of ending Coles yesterday.

I don't give a damn if this guy runs into burning buildings to save babies. He's f**ked this team enough now to warrant everything that's been said about him. Far better men, and surely better QBs have heard worse from NYers.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's funny. I heard this same speech about Vinny T a few years ago.

I said he was garbage then, I said it all along, and I still say it now.

Just as I will about Chad 10 years from now.

12. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Dude you are setting yourself up for disappointment. I guess get your bench KC posts ready when he doesn't live up to your expectations.

13. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I agree with this 100%! Clemens will prob not even begin to look comfortable until around week 13-14 at best!

14. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Great point. The flaws with this team are much greater than QB. However yesterday given that the defense held the Bills to 6 points for most of the game, it was the ineffectiveness of the offense that really was exposed. It was not just chad, the play calling was not that good either. If I am not mistaken Chad got his start by replacing an ineffective QB so essentially the same has occured to him. It is the nature of the beast. If the receivers do not have to wait on the ball that might be spark by itself.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

ITA.

The guy was very good, until he injured his shoulder. TWICE.

It's sad and It's time to move on, but lets not act like he's the second coming
    of Ryan Leaf, the Couldnt miss, never was, never a bright moment until he was gone......

Pennington helped provide some of the best Jets Moments of the last 3 decades.....

That Having been said...

Now Its Clemens Time
    (Sung to the tune of My Darling Clementine)

Now Its Kellen
    Now Its Kellen
    Now Its Kellen Clemens time.

Chad has lost
    and gone forever
    and his number was
    one plus nine....

16. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I suspect that I've been a fan way longer than you. As a true fan of the team, our draftees like chrebet, coles, and cotch are some of my favorite players. Watching them get killed by penny's ducks throughout last season, despite winning games, truly horrified me. This asshole's been chucking up airballs for the last few years. You are the type of fan (brainless following of a washed up QB) that ruins a good team.

If you actually watched the games last year, you would understand.

17. bpjets

bpjets New Member

WOW he benched Chad....... why didn't he wait intill the 15th game....

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Despite all the bad feelings around here towards Chad, I myself feel no ill will.

He gave his all on the field for the Jets and in the end his all was not enough.

Thanks for everything Chad.

Here to the future with Kellen. :beer:

19. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Here! Here! To Kellen

20. jetglass

jetglass New Member

Yes, Chad is a crappy qb now. But you are one of the fans that makes me feel disgraced to be a Jet fan. You post borders on complele lunacy. Think about what you say and what drugs u take before posting here. How is Chad being selfish? By playing even when he sucks? Are you saying that every professional athlete who sux but is still playing should take themselves out of the game and tell the coaches they are finished? Wow, i dont know what kind of sports leagues go on in your head.

Chad is terrible now liked I said. But he has given everything hes had to the organziation, playing thru terrible injuries and never complaining about then even when he was playing with them and no one else even knew. He took a paycut to bring back coles.