Heisman candidate thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by gustoonarmy, Sep 24, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

My nominations at the moment are Matt Ryan BC and Colt Brennen Hawaii.
    Brennen is going to be huge , I have it from very good authority that he will most certainly be a round 1 pick and a Heisman finalist (hopefully).

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'd have to stick to the popular picks, White, McFadden and Rice. RU vs. West Virginia will determine the front runner between Rice and White.

3. The Kramsta

The Kramsta New Member

If he can lead Kentucky to a winning record in the SEC, you can throw Andre Woodson into the discussion.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Andrew Robinson

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If he keeps his team in the LSU game and UK can win 9 or 10 games, then he should WIN the Heisman. It'll probably go to Slaton or White -- WVU should have a better record.

Look out for James Davis to slip into the race as a dark horse - Clemson could run the table.

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Kevin Smith... its still early, so you can't really talk about him yet, but if he plays with the same consistancy, how can his name not come up.
    He had 149 rushing yards and 2 TDs against Texas...
    .. Last week against memphis, he only played the 1st half because UCF was up 49-0, but he ran for 124yds and 3 tds.

Code:
    Rank	               Player	Pos	Cl	Gm	Carries	Net	TDs	Avg	Ydspgm
    1	Darren McFadden,	RB	JR	3	86	519	4	6.03	173.00
    2	Michael Hart, Michigan	RB	SR	4	127	655	6	5.16	163.75
    3	Kevin Smith, UCF	RB	JR	3	84	490	7	5.83	163.33
    4	Matt Forte, Tulane	RB	SR	3	71	435	6	6.13	145.00
    5	Ray Rice, Rutgers	RB	JR	3	74	431	8	5.82	143.67

http://www.kevinsmithforheisman.com/

#6 vinsjets, Sep 24, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Smith's name won't come up because he plays in C-USA and UCF isn't undefeated...The only reason Colt Brennan is getting acknowledged is because he did it last year in the WAC (another non-BCS conference). Garrett Wolfe put up some sick numbers last year too, but he wasn't even considered when the Heisman ceremony came around.

I see that you go to UCF...It's nice to see you backing your college's players, but he really doesn't have a shot anymore now that they've lost.

8. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I know, I know:sad:

But, if he gets enough talk [espn actually started talking about him] he could be up for the Doak.:grin:

Really.. anyone but Tebow.

9. nyj55

nyj55 Member

sig.......

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The Doak is a great award if he can beat up McFadden for it...

I like Tebow, I'm not a Gators fan, but with what Tebow is doing right now with that offense is awesome and he deserves to be at least a Top 5 candidate RIGHT NOW. After LSU, South Carolina, Kentucky, and UGA I don't think we're gonna be seeing the same numbers from him, but if he performs against those teams and Florida only goes undefeated or maybe only loses 1 game, Tebow deserves the Heisman.

I'm pulling for Andre Woodson right now, because he's making chicken salad with chicken shit at UK.

11. gustoonarmy

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Dennis Dixon

13. StlRamsMU

StlRamsMU New Member

How about Brad Smith's Predecessor, Chase Daniel?

Yea, he is a top 10 canidate

14. nyj55

nyj55 Member

again, sig...........

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

He's probably in the Top 5 for the Heisman now...he's one of those guys that is an awesome COLLEGE quarterback, and his play style won't transfer to the NFL. I'm really high on Chase Daniel though.

16. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Can someone please tell me why Tim Tebow is considered the Heisman front runner?

17. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Anyone? Thoughts?

18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Media hearts the jump pass, and Ryan is considered the front runner

19. gustoonarmy

I don't know if thats the answear your looking for but........

I like Colt Brennan alot and think he will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. It hurts his stock being in a weak div. But my source says that hes attracting alot of attention so far this season.

ESPN's Take
    By Chris Spielman, ESPN.com
    Editor's note: Each week, ESPN.com asks one of its Heisman Watch voters to explain his picks. Here are Chris Spielman's Oct. 23 selections.

1. Matt Ryan, Boston College
    Ryan is the major reason for Boston College's success this season. When you take into account the fact that he's putting up career numbers with a new coach, a new offensive system and a number of new receivers, Ryan has shown that he's close to being the best there is in college football.

2. Dennis Dixon, Oregon
    Dixon has put up huge numbers in a tough conference -- 1,728 passing yards, 16 TDs; 416 rushing yards, 7 TDs -- and he leads the Pac-10 in passing efficiency. The improvement he's made this year is outstanding, and his ability to both run and throw the ball effectively has Oregon challenging for conference and national titles.

3. Colt Brennan, Hawaii
    Not many people are high on Brennan, but I like him. He's certainly done enough to be mentioned in the discussion. He is second only to Texas Tech's Graham Harrell in total offense, and he displayed poise and leadership ability in directing Hawaii to a come-from-behind, overtime win at San Jose State in Week 9. He's a very, very talented football player.

4. Tim Tebow, Florida
    Tebow is Florida's offense, and he's proven he can do anything. He's the Gators' bruising, short-yardage back. He can break long runs. He can throw for four touchdowns. Each week, he proves he's among the best players in the country.

5. Mike Hart, Michigan
    Hart didn't play in Week 9 because of an ankle injury, but he's still the main reason Michigan is firmly in the Big Ten race after starting the season 0-2 with disappointing losses to Appalachian State and Oregon. Without his determination, ability and love for the game, the Wolverines could still be in the tank.

Although all of these players have established themselves as playmakers, the Heisman race is wide open. Just like the BCS, we could see a whole different top five in a few weeks. That's what makes this so much fun.

20. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Goodbye, Tebow.