Goodbye Chad, thanks for the memories

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Oct 21, 2007.

1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

You know; if we lose to Miami this year; that is when we really must hang our heads in miserable shame.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

The change has not been made official, has it?

I understand the temptation with the song, but yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

3. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Yesterday was an important game for CP, he proved he can still play in the league, the bomb was nicely throw and the play was perfectly designed. His performance, even if it is his last, helped his stock and hopefully will get a 2nd round pick this off-season.

I don't feel like looking up the source, it was either the post or daily news, but Chad's exact words were he does not care if he starts next week. I think he knew going in this was his last game, too bad the rest of the Jets ruined his final game as a Jet. I hope the Ravens make a play for him, he would be successful there.

4. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

The problem is we worry about them to much.. This year has been a shame from the beginning.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I don't care who you are, now thats funnry rahgt thar....

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

You are right on all counts. I think Chad would excel big time on any team that has a physical defense that doesn't give up many points.

I think he still has it in the tank, but I think he would be infinitely better off with another team. A change of venue would do him good.

I also, think a 2nd round pick for Chad is fair. It won't happen over night though. Tanny will try to get a 1st rounder for him; bet on it. Trading Chad will probably happen, but I don't think it get's done until March/April.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yeah the lack of an effective 2 minute drill is the D's fault too. Those 5 passes that were thrown behind receivers that managed to run back for them were the D's fault too. Not to mention him throwing int he most predictable spot, which was a horrible throw mind you, that resulted in an INT, was the D's fault. Those D linemen can't throw a ball for shit.

Taking the sack...hmm, if the guy didn't have a noodle arm he could have wung it OoB, but apparently the Jets D got in the way.

Yes, the D sucks, but Penny did nothing to help them.

8. Hobbes3259

Chad will stay, and will probably be the backup.

He cannot be a starter anywhere. If you go back and look at the tape from yesterday, You'll see Cincy was doing exactly what Takeo Spikes said the week before.

The reason the Offense is shut down is because all you need to do is play a safety a little deep over the middle, and have the corners play off, and Chad is forced to take underneath routes.

THe easiest way to visualise this is to draw a rectangular box.

Cut it into thirds across, representing 10 yard increments.
    then cut it into thirds from top to bottom, and then number the 9 squares
    1-9
    Now, with the FS sitting up there and the CB's playing 5 yards off the Wrs
    Chad cannot exploit Zones 4,5,6 because he takes too long to get the ball there.

A regular QB can just wing it out there, in less than 4 seconds, which causes
    several things to happen.

a: the other safety has to back off the LoS.
    b: The LB's have to move a couple yards deeper.

Once that happens, the OL, has a chance to be productive in Run Blocking,
    and the CB's cant rely on everything being underneath, and have to tighten up the coverage, giving your big play guys the ability to beat them on a move.

If you taped yesterdays game, watch the FS, and then IF Clemens plays watch how much more effective the offense loooks, once he settles in.

9. Hobbes3259

Oh, and P.S.

Ole Noodle arm isnt the reason EVERY SINGLE TIME JONES LINES UP 7 YARDS DEEP WE RUN THE BALL.

Thats another very bad problem with this offense.

GO back and watch the tape.

10. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Yea and they get their second win when Carson throws 21 times. The reason they won was because they ran the ball. Threw 21 passes and ran 41 times. I don't quite see how Carson was the reason they won. Jets have to fix O-line and D-line period or we become the lions of past.

11. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I think Chad will be a starter next year. He is the only offense the team has and has to play perfect to give us a chance because the D cannot stop anyone.

12. ANJI

ANJI New Member

How perfect did he play against the Eagles???? Did we have a chance to win that game????

Those two answers discredit your post..............

13. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Did you see the bullets Carson threw to get them in field position. The Jets doubled Houz and CJ all over the field to make sure all the could do is run. And they did just that. They took their Wr's out of the game and they beat us with the run. Hopefully Clemens can do the same and open up the running lanes for Thomas Jones as well. The threat of our Cb's getting torched deep kept our defense honest. You can get away with that when you can throw. The worst D in Football stacked the line against us and made Schlegel look like Brian Urlacker for a day.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

Even if it is a Sb Caliber team their season will end like our game ended yesterday. A floater going back the other way for a T/D. The team may change but the result will stay the same.

15. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Shid, the worst D in football held us to 3 points in the second half.(the Hailmary don't count)

16. FOURTHANDLONG

And that is it in a nutshell! No excuses or second chances for Chad. We have to get Clemens ready so we don't lose to the Dolphins! They ran out of time the first time around.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Wait up. Does it really matter whos fault anything is now? Season has gone (actually a long time ago) and we need to see who we want to start next year , whos stop gap and who just needs to ship out. And that goes for the CS and FO , if needed.
    I believe given time Mangini will get it right , but he has to start concentrating of football and not analagies from other sports , good as they may be , save that stuff for the locker room before you run out.
    I'm absolutely SICK of hearing about multi positional players , you know what is said about 'Jack of all trades'? Master of none.
    Our team is broken and it needs fixing not patching up. Forget our schedule last year , we made strides forward , this year we have done 2 back and Mr Mangini and Co need to go back to the start and think again.
    Mangini=Belichick.......not even close , not yet.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The difference between young fans and older fans: Young fans still identify heavily enough with individual players that they see the players as the embodiment of the team. Older fans have watched enough players come and go that they understand that only the team matters. You can love players when they're with the Jets and not care much about them when they leave.

My lightbulb moment in this regard was in 1988 when the Colts came into town with Joe Klecko playing on the defensive line for them. For the first series I kind of watched him stumble around on his gimpy leg and felt really sorry for him and mourned the passing of my favorite player ever on the Jets. After that I just wanted the Jets to drive him into the ground so Freeman McNeil could get some yards.

#78 Br4d, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  19. ANJI

ANJI New Member

^^^^^ I think that is the funniest part. It really doesn't matter, but it's all we got right now. Chad is going to lose the Job any way, but I think it's the reason why that is getting Fans worked up. Between the people who are pro or against Chads style of play, he is a very divisive QB to have.

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I hope he does stick around in some form for the Jets , but he will go somehweres else and win the SB :shit: