Goodbye Chad, thanks for the memories

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Oct 21, 2007.

1. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Thanks for nothing loser

2. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

I didn't get to see the game, but why is when the Jets get the lead in a game by 10 points or more, the offensive play calling goes conserative. Why can't they just keep the pedal to the metal and be aggressive for all 4 quarters.

3. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Retire the #10. I think if I ever see it again I may puke all over myself.

4. In Mangini We Trust

In Mangini We Trust New Member

agreed...it wasnt chad's fault today, it was the defenses fault...the defense BLOWS...the offense isnt great, but it wasnt chads fault today

still, i hope clemens gets in...time to start looking at 2008, and i still think we can be a solid team next year

5. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

Time for a spark!

This team needs a spark...that spark is Kellen . I agree that this is not a very good Jets team and I am certainly not one to use Chad as the sole reason this team is 1-6, but I believe putting Kellen in would open up the offence considerably. I can see other defences respecting Kellen's arm which would mean less guys at the line of scrimmage and more in coverage which would then open up some lanes for our running backs.
    The offensive play calling has been a handcuffed when we fall behing... look at today's game when we we're down 8 points..all they are capable of doing is running up the gut for 2 yards and 5 yard dink and fucking dunks and defences are just licking their lips waiting for the weak sideline throw to pick off a ball.
    I have been a Jets fan all my life but this shit week after week is making me sick. I long to see a vertical passing game. I want to be entertained even if we lose. Bring in Kellen.

6. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Chad is not nor has ever been a great QB. He needs to go and judging from Mangini's presser he will finally make the right call.

7. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Thanks for wasting five years of this franchises time you no talent waste of space.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He had no time to throw, he didn't have a choice but to get sacked w/ our grat OL allowing a on of pressue against 3 DL.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I agree, it's like people are watching two different games. If Clemens was in there the exact same thing would have happened. They would have sacked him on one play and jumped the route on the other.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ummmm.....IIRC, the Defense gave up 31.

Chad contributed 7, to the other side again this week.

That notwithstanding, both Chad and the play calling on the offensive side of the ball, could only muster 3 points through most of the second half.

#50 Hobbes3259, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  11. Hobbes3259

Not hardly. In order to jump the route you have to be able to beat the ball there.

That doesnt happen if you dont KNOW IN ADVANCE that the ball is going there, with Chad other routes in that situation are not an option.

12. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

what did chad do after the field goal after half time???? nothing why do people keep sucking chads d**k on this board when your up 13 you put the final nails in the coffin yet he led us to a bunch of three and outs and when the games was on the line he threw another pick for a td. this is 4 straight games a bad descion by him has either lost the game or directly led to a loss. yes our d is horrible and yes the play calling hasnt been then bad but when the game is on the line chad just doesnt win ball games period end of story

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

A good QB would have put TD's up instead of FG. A good QB doesn't let the D keep everything in front of them. A good QB can go up field outside the hash marks. A good QB doesn't let his team go three and out in under 2 minutes against a terrible NFL D after his own d was on the field for 7.5 minutes and he still has the lead.

14. Hobbes3259

What did I say on Friday....Around 290 and Three Scores....unf*ngbelievable.

A Good QB does not spot the other team 7points 3 out of the last 4weeks either, especially when he cant score TD's

15. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Stop the non-sense about Chad. He should have been benched 5 games ago just to put a spark up these guys ass.

16. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Or you can't make any halftime adjustments as an OC. How many passes were under center in the second half? How many in the first. This team is not going forward, this team will lose a bunch more before it wins. I came to grips with that yesterday. Chad might as well sit because he can play a near perfect game and we will not win. I think he needs a change of scenary and will be another jet to leave and be successful.

17. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

The offense was on the field all first half and the first possession of the second then the defense went on the field after a td scoring drive by the offense at the end of the 1st half, a 4 minute drive for a fg to start the second half and came out and gave up a 14 play 8 minute drive. I can see how they were wore out. Do you even watch the game?

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

why must we continue to argue that the defense sucks worse than chad or chad sucks worse than the defense yadda yadda.....chad sucks complete ass and the defense sucks complete ass. Basically the entire team sucks complete ass including our coaching staff...we suck complete ass....as usual

19. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Yesterday was not Chad's Fault but it is time for him to go! We scored twice in the first half and he threw one the best passes he has thrown since the Legendary Bomb to Santana Moss way back in the playoffs. With that said we did not score another T/D against one of the worst teams in football the whole second half until his hail mary. Our Defense stinks and that will take years to be fixed. There is talent that needs to be used on offense. The Bengals have a good offense and have a punchers chance against anybody because Carson Palmer can throw. Chad can not throw. If yesterdays final drive does not convince everyone the end is here nothing will. It's Clemens time!

20. Hobbes3259

Now Its Clemens Time
    (Sung to the tune of My Darling Clementine)

Now Its Kellen
    Now Its Kellen
    Now Its Kellen Clemens time.

Chad has lost
    and gone forever
    and his number was
    one plus nine....