Goodbye Chad, thanks for the memories

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Oct 21, 2007.

1. allan1

allan1 Active Member

The last two plays of the game was all I needed to see.

We were actually moving, up to the 40 with 1:07 to play. Chad just hit Coles for 5 yards, out of bounds

There is a time when you CANNOT TAKE A SACK. Yet there is the cigar store indian, wilting under pressure, tucking the ball and getting engulfed. You know the line isn't going to be perfect all the time. Ol cement shoes can't even MOVE AND INCH! You CANNOT TAKE A SACK!

3rd and 11 the old chad came back, and absolute pop warner dead duck eephus pitch, easy pick. TD

This is disgraceful, as soon as the opposition gets any sort of momentum on D, as soon as the crowd starts roaring, Chad shits his pants. He's afraid.

2. jetfan51

jetfan51 New Member

wasn't much of his fault today... but yeah...

just give clemens a shot

3. shaba_99

shaba_99 New Member

or sell the team and move it, give all of us no unnecessary stress/hope

4. smelly_joe

smelly_joe New Member

i really hope his performance today wasn't JUST good enough for him to keep his starting position

loss wasn't his fault- the d-fense was terrible- i couldnt believe how bad they were- but i'm sick o this shit-

bring on CLEMENS mangini please

5. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Of course, this game was all Chad's fault. Everyting is Chad's fault. It's his fault MLK and JFK got killed too.

This run defense was abysmal today. The bottom line is this. In the second half, the Bengals D stepped up. Ours didn't. Period, end of story.

6. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

i would rather replace every starter on that defense over chad pennington being benched. it wont make a difference. this defense is just that bad.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Chad didn't play any better or worse this game than the rest, so if he gave us the best chanceto win up til now, why should he be benched. if Mangini does so, it just exemplifies he made a mistake not doing so prior to this point, and further exemplifies how bad of a coach he is if he can't identify when a QB is playing poorly or not.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Chad's a warrior. It is fitting that he goes out throwing a hail mary TD. I'm really going to miss the guy, but this team must move forward.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

And it's true. And our offense could not produce in the 2nd half against the worst defense in the NFL. And the season is over. It's time. Those who don't think so are just blind at this point because there's just no way.

10. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Our defense sucks ass that's the problem.

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

This whole team sucks.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Do you mean the touchdown pass by Pennington and successful 2 point conversion pass by Pennington? :)

13. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

Chad Blew This Game!! He Caused Our Defense To Give Up 38 Points!! It's Time For Kellen!!

14. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

We know changes need to be made, especially in the front 7. We knew we had a flawed team last year anyway. The fact that we're losing a lot of close games amazes me b/c we usually won those games last year.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Everybody's D steps up against us in the second half. That's what happens when your QB sucks under pressure.

16. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i guess you missed that play where he got popped stayed upright and got the 1st? i dont want chad starting anymore, but your arguement is pretty dumb.

17. Phlyphrytz

Phlyphrytz New Member

21 unanswered points. Thats all i have to say. chad won this game at 23-10. the defense falls apart once a lead is accomplished. god forbid they actually play for 4 quarters. The oline is fucking disgraceful. and cincin's RB (whatever his friggin name is) looks like a future HOFer.

18. SunshineJet

SunshineJet New Member

You guys are lame. Chad's done so much for this team. All I keep hearing is play Clemens, Clemens can do it, yadayada... It's not like Clemens is such a great prospect. Take Manning or Brady and put them in behind Mangold and you'll see that the result would be the same give or take a few points. Put Chad behind the Colts O-Line or pair him with Moss, Stallworth, Graham and Welker and you'll see a great QB. When has Chad actually blown a game? A game in where the defense did their job, the running game worked and the O-line stood firm? It's always easy to scapegoat the QB. But man, this is too much. For Chad's sake I hope he moves on. He is better than being dicked around by a bunch of darksiders. Out of the 50+ players on the Jets Roster, no way in hell Chad is the one loosing these games. And Clemens, he'll be outright murdered in this offense. Perspective boys. Chad is what he is, a great Pocket quarterback with high precision. After throwing a 50 yard bomb today he showed that he can do more. But dont put the inability of his teammates on him. you should know better.

19. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

I'll miss him. The guy has the heart but not the talent. It's rare to find both qualities in a QB. It's too bad.

20. BRUSCHI54

BRUSCHI54 New Member

It's called karma.. and it's biting Manginious in ass. Dont ever bite the hand that fed you.