Beyond anger....there is emptiness

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Sixto

Sixto Member

Agree with everything above.

We could have easily one the Buffalo, Giant, and Philly games.

Very sad. Out of energy.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I love this thread reflects an empty feeling towards the Jets while people still trash season ticket holders for not being passionate and loud at games.

But I agree. There is a certain degree of emptiness. JetFighter kind of made it a little clearer in his thread about wanting Chad to do badly. I do kind of want Chad to do badly. I have no confidence whatsoever in him. I have no confidence whatsoever in our running game. I have no confidence in our defense. I have no confidence in anything. And now the games are meaningless and not even fun to watch.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

They are NOT going to trade Pennington...I would be willing to bet on that shit.

Kellen ain't playing either. I would love for him to get the chance, but Mangini is just being stubborn as shit.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I can understand not wanting to throw Chad under the Bus. He looks at Chad and sees a guy that can, under the right circumstances, win 10 games every year, does not usually make mistakes, and has in reality given up his body/career for the team.

However, IF THIS WAS ANY OTHER PLAYER/POSITION ON THE TEAM
    he would have been benched at least for a bit of time. Like after the pick yesterday.

I think, the problem is, Mangini knows that if he does that, there is probably no way Chad gets back on the field.

5. Hobbes3259

Yes. I said it yesterday.

The worst possible outcome would be Chad playing relatively mistake free, and losing.

But the simple inescapable fact is, the offense is not producing points.

The only reason we were in the Buffalo and Giant games is because the D and
    Special teams came up with a little help.

6. Hobbes3259

Well, organizationally, you can make the argument, that keeping Chad hanging on, helps you to keep him as a backup, because what happens RIGHT NOW, if you put in Clemens, and he gets rolled up on ?????? And who backs him up next season....?

Lets face it, that is what Chad is now, a GREAT backup. Which we Don't have on the roster. Chad is playing himself not only out of THIS starting job, but the rest of the NFL as well.... And that serves the purpose of the F.O.

Right now, you are playing for draft position, and replacing Chad only starts moving you down the board, and considering that you want to contend for a title, is that really going to happen this year?

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, the #1 pick in the draft but wait, they will probably take a safety with it.

8. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

And why do you have a problem with Nugent? What has he done wrong?

9. FatStupidLoser

He is a noodle leg.

10. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

I guess all those kickoffs deep into the endzone this year are being kicked by someone else.

11. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

our team is not hard to fix, all we need is clemens to start, so we can open up the deep passing game, and get a big ol d lineman, or switch back to a 4-3, if we dont get a big ol d lineman.

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There is a difference between beating your rival to be 1-2 in the season with the chance for success still there and being 1-5 seemingly completely inept on many facets of the game with the season pretty much already lost.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this thread. The thrill is gone.

14. semperfidelisjetfan

semperfidelisjetfan New Member

Whats wrong with Mike Nugent? Have you been watching any of our games? He is too inconsistent, is whats wrong

15. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

I know the feeling, for the first time in years, I did not fully watch a Jets game, in fact even in the loss I was more excited about watching the Pats and Cowboys game. The usual pissed off mood I get after a loss is gone, so what does that say... I am actually thinking there might be something better to do or watch than a Jets game on Sunday, never thought I would feel this way again.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I guess I am alone in this:

But I can remember much more painful seasons with the Jets then this one.

Losing pisses me off big time. But on gameday if we are still in the game in the 4th quarter then I am excited about the game. No matter the record.

17. FloridaJetsFan

I decided to spend the day out in the yard cutting the grass and pulling weeds instead of getting pissed watching the game.

Then while watching the crappy Jets highlights on ESPN I get to watch old man Vinny win a game after being signed just last week.

Sucks being a Jets fan right now......Not looking forward to the rest of the season right now.

Maybe some excitement will be generated if Mangini puts in Clemens.......

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Feel ya pain man hope this can turn around quick but i honestly doubt it...

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I went fishing yesterday instead of watching yet another pathetic attempt by this team to play NFL calibre football. I listened to the recaps on the radio and realized that for yet another week, Chad Pennington & Co. still didn't penetrate the endzone. For some odd reason, I was neither surprised nor upset.

As long as Mangina refuses to make changes, I refuse to feel bad about this team's futile attempts at respectability on Sundays. Isn't one of the definitions of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result????

I was forged during the Kotite era. Mangina has nothing on those teams.. Not yet anyway..

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I watched the game kind of detached from it as it progessed. I knew the Jets weren't going to do much on offense and so I didn't expect much even when they got great field position a bunch of times.

I didn't turn the game off though. I perfected a way of watching the Jets kind of "on background" during 1996 and I slid very easily back into that mode for the first time in a decade yesterday. Even in 2005 I was watching to see if Bollinger had any stones to add to the Jets saga.

The two moments of excitement that I had during the day were just minutes before kickoff when I wondered if Clemens would make a surprise appearance as the starter and then again during the postgame news conference when I realized that Mangini's time is running out if he does not make drastic changes soon. As other people have pointed out he looked positively Kotite-esque in his inability to accept any accountability for what has happened so far. He gets another couple of losses and then we will see the really angry Mangini as he realizes that nobody in the room has much respect for him. Then it will be out the door fairly quickly after that.

One of the really unappreciated things about the postgame news conferences is how much of a toll they exact on unsuccessful coaches, who have to find new ways to explain the same old failures week after week. Given Mangini's inability to criticize Chad's play he is going to have real difficulties just down the road.

Sad.