Beyond anger....there is emptiness

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DeathByJets, Oct 14, 2007.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I've been sitting here tonight, reading thread after thread. I see people killing Pennington, killing Mangini, killing Shottenheimer, killing the front office, killing the 3-4, killing the o-line, etc, etc, etc.

Every time I think I want to concur or rebut any of these posts, I've just lost the will. What is the point? This team is absolutely no fun to watch and it is hard to find silver linings or silver bullets. I'd love to be angry, but I'm beyond angry....I feel just a horrible emptiness. And I can't remember if I've ever felt this way before when it came to the Jets. Sure there has always been "same old Jets", but this isn't even that. It is just goddamn pathetic, dull football.

Pennington is done....that much is clear. While bringing in Kellen Clemens doesn't mean we are going to be a better team, at least it will provide something to get excited about....because right now there is nothing to look forward to. I don't know if EM is gonna make a change (I never believe post game press conferences), but something has to change, because I can't fathom sitting through another 10 weeks of same.

I don't know if this is worthy of a thread or not, but I needed to spill out something and this is all I've got tonight.

DbJ

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Thank you...when I see threads bashing something, I dont even bother posting in them. I dont visit this part of the site till about Tuesday. I will say one thing...it's Clemens time.

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Mangini is starting to frustrate me with his stubborness...
    They ask him if he should make a change and he says NO?
    Why the hell not?
    What? Are we playing for a superbowl for losing teams I am unaware of?
    Pennington shouldn't be in there, but he will be...

Sucks...just sucks.

And yes...this is a completely different feeling then any other season before.

We are just so bad...

4. MParty7441

While I do think Clemens should be there. I'll reserve judgement untill we lose next week, if we're 1-6 and Clemens doesnt come in, then we have a problem.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That's how I have felt since the 3rd quarter of the Week 1 game. I might as well be comatose. Then again, even in times when the Jets are good, I am bizarrely calm.
    The difference is I seem to be animated when writing about them here.

6. Greener Pass-tures

Greener Pass-tures New Member

Why? How is 1-6 really any more deserving of a change than 1-5?

7. This is the first time in my life that i truly regret choosing the jets as my most cherished sports team. Even when I was a kid in the Coslett and Kotite years being made fun by other kids who were Giants and Patriots fans...I've never felt this miserable.

We seemed to make such progress last season...and I knew this year would be somewhere around 6-10 or 7-9...but never did I think we would be this inept.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

or why is it better to wait until you are almost officially done for the season before trying to make the team better? the point is to win, and if Clemens gives us the better chance to win at 1-6, he gave us a better chance, as well, at 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, and 1-5.

9. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Member

I concur, this was the first Jet game I can remember where I really didn't care anymore. The entire team and coaches looked like zombies sleepwalking.

10. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

And beyond emptiness is Mike Nugent.

11. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

And in their resignation comes an air of finality.

I think he knows its coming, and has resigned himself to it. So please, let it be.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/242--at-this-point-we-re-not-good-enough-

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Here's my problem with this season which makes it worse than other losing seasons like 2005.

In 05 we were getting blown out week after week... which is bad...

but this year we're 1-5.... but other than the first game we had chances to win all of our next 4 losses... and it wouldn't be crazy to say that we should have beaten Philly, Buffalo and the Giants... but we still should have gone to OT against the Ravens if not for J Crap...

So it's not completely nuts to say we had real chances to be 5-1 and sitting pretty...

We can say the O line this and the d line that and the secondary here and the coaching staff there.... but at the end of the day it's been costly turnovers and an inability to score TD's ... and in our case that falls directly at Chad feet...

So this season is the worst I've ever felt in the regular season as a Jet fan... this season that had so much hope... just pissed away... with what should have been just staring me back in the face...

thank God Miami is 0-6 or I'd have to kill myself

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you are completely correct. noodle arm seems like the 2000 version of joe kapp. except, kapp actually got into the super bowl and had a better arm.:sad:

14. MParty7441

When it happens, I think Penny will be a total player about it. I wouldnt expect anything else from him. He has been an awesome member of this team and while his skills have a lot to be desiered, he has been a great member of this team. I also think he will help Clemens as much as he can.

15. CYensePHIction

I feel your pain, DeathByJets, and sometimes there are seasons where this happens. I guess the best thing to do is just keep watching and supporting and hoping the Jets will come through.... (sigh)

16. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I had no emotional responses during today's game.

Even in 2005, I was pseudo-emotionally invested in the games i.e. when we couldn't get in the endzone against the Chargers at the end of the game or Nuge's 50+ yarder just falling short against the Saints. Today was just a bland day overall.

17. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

Agree with most of the above...it wouldn't be so bad if we were a terrible team, but we were fully capable of winning every game outside of NE, and we didn't.

The team has played poorly, but yet good enough to win, outside of Chad who just looks done...but the coaches refuse to move on. KC will make mistakes, but would provide a lot more excitement all around, and honestly, he can't be much worse. Let the kid sling it around and maybe the offense will look alive. This team is too good to be this bad, and the slightest improvement on offense will make all aspects of the team look better.

But for now, death by Chad - please let it end.

18. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

Mangini will of course say Chad will start next week. The trading deadline is this week and we do not want to seem desperate to get rid of Chad. I am telling you Kellen Clemens will start next week and against a bad Bengals defense he will do great.

19. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I still take some good out of this season

At least we're not Dolphins fans

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Unless you are a member of the Jets staff or Mangini's wife (and maybe not even then) you don't have the slightest idea that any of what you claim is true. If Clemens does not start next week, will you come back and acknowledge that you didn't know what you were talking about?