This ARTICLE EXPLAINS THE JET'S DEFENSIVE PROBLEMS.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'll eat my hat if Suggs hits the FA market.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

if im Tannenbaum im on a seek and destroy to get Suggs a contract in Hempstead.

3. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

youth is served....... how did parcells set the team back, when the previous season under kotite, we were an abyzmul 1-15? we were 9-7 under parcells 1st year! the next we were within a decent 4th qtr of the superbowl! we were 9-7 his 3rd year and then he left. i guess parcells just ran up our tab and jumped ship? yeah if this was true, do you think he would have been hired in dallas? give me a break, mangini has nuts the size of peanuts!!!!! he doesnt want to make waves, he is using his time as a laboratory until he, like herm, destroys our team, only in a mangenius way! not through cap hell, but terrible leadership on the field. i dont think we should have hired him. i think following the trend of young coach hirings (like other nfl teams), is killing us!

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You're wrong...You change the scheme so that as you put players in the learning curve isn't all 11 guys. Right now you ahve 7 or 8, and you make them technically sound, when you put the last pieces in place, you
    play at a high level and right now,they are 3/4 of the way there.

Tangini

Kenyon Coleman
    David Harris
    Bryan Thomas
    Revis
    Rhodes
    Coleman
    Dyson

Inherited and do not fit...
    Ellis
    Robertson
    (Ellis probably goes, Robertson moves over,
    after playing the nose for two years, put a real NT on the inside and
    DRob would be unblockable as a DE, even though he's short..)

Vilma
    (Should be traded for max value)

Hobson kind of slow, but could play inside, if the OLB's were better..,

5. OSUJetFan89

OSUJetFan89 New Member

i dont think Drob could play DE

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You put him on the Qbs blind side. A guy that can take on two blockers, playing the outside, with a true NT inside and an OLB would be a matchup nightmare.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Our Defensive problems will be fixed via the 2008-2009 Nfl Draft. When we get 3-4 players the defense will get better.

8. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

Parcells tenure set the team back not Parcells himself. He wanted to spend money to get us to the Superbowl it almost worked. But most of the players from that team had to be let go because of salary cap reasons. And yes Parcells did run up the tap and jump ship and he still got hired. Parcells is known for that come on now, he will use every last penny and build a team already knowing he plans on leaving after 3 years.

This team was different from the 1-15 team that team wasnt too bad its just Kotite was terrible. Parcells did an amazing job I am just trying to make the point that he had inherited a better situation. Why does everyone keep questioning that??

This next off season is the big one if things do go as planned then Mangini has some explaining to do. It is not Mangini's fault that Dyson cant tackle, that Barrett cant cover and that Pennington cant make good decisions.

I agree its time for a change and Clemens is that.

Youth

9. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

kotite didnt play a 3-4 and parcells came in and successfully made the switch without a complete roster overhaul. and i have to disagree with the assumption that his inherited situation was so much better than manginis. show me his roster compared to the kotite roster, make me a believer and i'll side with this notion. rosters always have comings and goings and money is always an issue, i dont care what team we speak of . its part of the current state of the nfl. i truly believe alot of people have too much hope invested in mangini, and those are bound to a major let down, i am not one of them. as for pennington, i must admit i was wrong, its time to move on. also why is it a bad thing to spend the owners money? parcells did it and won immediately. if he stayed for along period of time i'm sure he would have delt with those comings and goings as he went along, just like every other team, and still won. mangini is following a contradictory path, and we watch him in action every sunday. the team is always a reflection of its leadership, mangini is no exception.

10. brettbrettr

brettbrettr New Member

You really think he's worth 2 first round picks? Cuz that's what he'll cost.