Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't get the hate for Vilma when he is the last thing that we have to worry about

2. hendersg

hendersg New Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    Start Clemens NOW!

3. hendersg

hendersg New Member

Core Jet Values??

Mangini always speaks about core Jet values. I like to add one to the list. A VERTICAL PASSING GAME....Can that please become a core Jet value, and can we TURN THIS TEAM OVER TO CLEMENS ONCE AND FOR ALL?

4. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Blame the guy calling the plays not the ones executing them.

5. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

i like both guys

they both played like shit today

lately vilma is invisible, but today he was visibly sucking

and those INTs by chad, holy shit were they disgusting

6. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

ok. So you're saying vilma played like crap after the jets had their best run defending game of the season BY FAR. i didn't see him getting picked on in coverage which was the weak point today because sutton has the DB's playing well back on the recievers so they are wide open. i dont get all the hate for vilma when 1) ppl keep criticizing the DL. Anyone think maybe Vilma isn't playing well BECAUSE the DL isn't playing well. C'mon guys. and 2) the play-calling is shit and they aren't letting vilma loose on any blitzes.

7. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

vilma whiffed on two easy tackles and took a 15 yard face mask penalty

8. BlameTodd

BlameTodd Banned

What's the reason Vilma missed the tackle on Lynch's TD run in the 3rd Qtr?

If someone has the highlight of that run and can post it, can you please do so? This play is the epitome of Vilma's disappointing career as the defensive "anchor."

The best view of this TD is the one from the end zone. Lynch breaks through the line and Vilma comes from the left looking like he's gonna submarine Lynch, only to completely whiff.

Awful!

What's an undersized D-Line or the 3-4 have to do with THAT?

9. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

The guy calling the plays is under center. The guy deciding not to throw the ball down the field because his receiver is not 10 yds open, and instead throws a checkdown is the same guy.

You are right, blame that guy... he sucks.

10. luckiestman

luckiestman New Member

but he watches so much tape

11. BlameTodd

BlameTodd Banned

LOL!!!!

Imagine how bad he'd be without all that prep work?

12. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

our defense - to say it was our best defensive performance of the year is crazy . We played the worst offense in football and made a rookie QB look like Dan Marino -- he had what 5 incomplete passes??????? Awful

Our offense - I can't believe that the only plays being called against the worst defense in football, missing two secondary starters, 3 starting LBs, and two DEs were screen plays and 4 yards dump and runs. I am a big Chad fan, but Clemens was able to make a 20 yard bullet throw over he middle or out to the sideline. Yes chad completed a lot of passed but he only threw the ball more than 10 yards in the air 3 times in 30+ attempts!!!!!!! Give me a break!

Where was the running game? Bills were allowing 177 yards a game on the ground!

Just awful - th 3-4 is a failure and they need to make a decision at QB - if Chad forces the offense to be limited to 10 yards max per play you have to look in another direction.

13. BlameTodd

BlameTodd Banned

Bro...10yds/play? Not even close!

I'll sign up for 8yds/play right now and not complain for the rest of the season!

14. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I like the Shanahan philosophy

He got rid of Plummer because he didn't think Plummer could lead him to the Super Bowl. We know Chad is a good QB, not a championship QB. He can not and will not challenge the defense down the field. The WR's are as tough as they come. They can make plays. Let Clemens play.

15. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Horrible horrible argument. Schott's playcalling is fantastic given Chad's limitations and gives him the best chance to succeed. Unfortunately it is not really enough/..

16. ........

........ Trolls

Not quite the same thing. Shanahan knew he had Superbowl quality talent on the team. The Jets don't. There's not the same sense of urgency to get Clemens on the field before some of your All-Pro players retire. We don't have any All-Pro players on their way out the door. Having said that, I still hold out hope that Clemens is rotating in with the first team in practice and getting reps/expanding the playbook so that he's ready when he is called upon to start.

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the running game sucks because other teams are playing 18 men in the box?

Our defense is allowing short passes to wide open receivers and teams that play us are basically in the shorts of our receivers with his little dinks.

The dink and dunk gameplan has worn itself out for the Jets..isnt it funny...3 O.C.' s and all the head coaches he has ever had like to dink and dunk. The Jets either keep hiring coaches that love the 4 yard out pass or the coaches that are hired realize that those options have to be put into ever single pass play because thats where Chad feels most comfortable throwing the ball.

The people that defend Chad are basically becoming a bit of a joke right about now and I say that with as much respect as I can.

I have no idea what game you are watching anymore. I have no idea how you all cant see the difference between the two QB's and their ability to spread the field today...one raw rookie who may turn out to be a bust..and one proven veteran that is the Don Mclean of the NFL....he keeps singing American Pie because thats the only song he knows.

Chad Pennington has a winners mentality.

At the same time he will probably go down as the weakest armed QB in NFL history.

18. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Not trying to be a dick here But I am curious were you a Bolinger supporter too

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Anyone who thinks the problem is the QB doesn't have a clue about the game of football.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Anyone who thinks a team in need of a rebuild shouldn't upgrade a mediocre QB who has had two shoulder surgeries and is making 9 million a year is over 30 and can't throw the ball well doesn't have a clue.

5 8 1, 6 6 2, 8 5 1, 11 3 SB Champs.

#240 winstonbiggs, Oct 1, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007