Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If Clemens was giving the job earlier like in TC when he won it we would be at least 2 & 2 now and maybe 3 & 1 with the Giants up next.

2. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

mmmm but we couldnt have known Chad would turn out this way. He was great last year and all we couldve hoped for is that he wouldve gotten better. I mean what else could we expect! Chad is one of the hardest working QBs and most of us were willing to deal with his physical limitations cause his mental ability as a QB made up for it. None of us saw this coming. people who have hated on Chad are claiming that they knew all along. But they didnt. when he was winning no one was complaining. Now it is evident that he is coming near to the end of his tenure. Unfortunately i dont expect to see Clemens unitl we at least loose 3 more games AT THE HAND of Chad. That means the Defense and oline have to play great but Chad is horrible. I dont see that happening. i see the blame being shifted elsewhere before Chad getting the plug.

3. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I almost hope Clemens would fail so you would all shut your fucking mouths.

4. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Classy............

5. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

We'll be fine. There are still 12 games left and we might still be able to win at least eight of them. If Pennington fails in getting us to the playoffs this year then I am in favor of starting Clemens for next season, but I still feel it's not CP's fault if he doesn't. This team still needs to address the run stopping problem which was quite evident again today, as well as the pass rushing.

6. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

so we would go back to Penny and you can continue beating off to ducks? :up:

7. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Thank you. Your post has brought me back to earth.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I am so glad I did not buy the sunday ticket this year...

I like Chad's persona as a person/player, but I hate his skills at QB. He has important triats at the postion, but lacks the most important. Which is an arm.

The easiest way as a fan to settle this is simple...

Did you get more excitement from the endless possibilities that KC displayed in the loss against the Ravens, or did you feel more excitement with CP getting us our first win of the season against Miami?

I honestly felt so much more inspired to watch the Jets with KC behind center, and losing. If this is truly supposed to be a "rebuilding" phase still, then how about we do it with our future star, or nothing at all?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thank you for being so honest about how you are a fan of Pennington more than a fan of the Jets.

10. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

The play calling in the 1st half was the entire problem. We didn't move the ball until we went to 2 minute drill and started passing. We cannot consistently run the ball. If you think we can, see the 1st quarter when we had 3rd and a foot and lost 2 yards. It is hard to tell on TV, but it looked like Buffalo was dropping deep on every pass and we had 8 yards everytime under the line backers. Sure it is dink and dunk, but you can't tell me you won't take 8 yards per pass. If they are cheating up so much, why could we throw to wide open players 5 yards in front of the LOS everytime we wanted to. In my opinion, the whole team stunk it up today, period.

11. red75bronco

Just a question, how great was the Ravens defense today against the Browns??

12. Beamen

Beamen New Member

We weren't getting 8 yards per pass though.... Like I broke down in another thread, we only had 5 completions of over 10 yards in the game.... That's not a passing game, that's a running game.....

13. NEJets

NEJets Member

Typical Chad lover........more than a Jet's fan.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Chad wasn't great last year he was just like he is now.

15. JetsFanNC

JetsFanNC New Member

You can follow Chad out the door as well.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'm sure I'm not giving Mangini too much credit when I say he must think Pennington gives us the best chance to win or Clemens would already be starting. If that's true then just how bad is our entire group of QBs if Pennington is still starting?

edit: or is this just Mangini being Mangini like he is with the 3-4 defense? He like it. He said he was going to run it and it's been a disaster since the day he arrived but he won't change it no matter what.

He also said Pennington was the starter before the season began. Is he just staying with him because of that?

#216 Don, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  17. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

That's the same Browns team that put up 51 points earlier this year (more than anyone else this season). And might actually have a pretty good offense. May be too early to tell.

I have always been a Chad guy too, have his friggin jersey to prove it. But with holes in a majority of the line, we need to have playmakers in the skill positions. Kellen's a playmaker, Chad's not. Besides, if we keep Chad for this season, Kellen will be like 26 by the time he's a starter, and if he isn't good enough to be a starter, then we have to draft a QB and do this crap all over again.

18. red75bronco

By no means did I think Chad was good today, but I do not like the play calling. It was very conservative in the 1st half. Tell me how we basically score a touchdown everytime we go down and have to score. With Kellen or with Chad, it is the same BS. It is pretty clear to me that we have a crappy run blocking o-line and cannot, I repeat, cannot use the run to set up the pass. Look at our first quarter rushing all season, I don't know what the number is, but it ain't good. As far as Chad being the problem with the running game that is BS, it is not the safeties making tackles within 2 yards of the LOS, it is the freakin D Lineman. The only time we were able to run today was in the 2 minute drills. Maybe we dink and dunk because we have no running game.

19. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Vilma and Chad

Hobdon and Harris should be the ILB in 2008. Clemens woud make the defense play the entire field not 15 yards. Chad is a great leader but is to limited. It's time to move on to Kellen.

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Did you see the jets first series? The jets had a 3rd and 11 and Penn threw a horizontal screen to Brad Smith for 10 yards. Pennington can't even throw the ball 10 yards so it's dink, dink, dink. And Boobway gave this guy $64M.