G.m.c.

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by ollie, Sep 30, 2007.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Plus, the Mets had enough time to regroup, although they should have never been in that situation to have to regroup and take back the division. The Yankees, although up the way they were in the series, didn't have a week or two to do so. They had to do it right then and there, but they couldn't because of the bullpen and other various reasons.

The Yankees won their division that season. They lost, but they made it to ALCS.

The Mets were bound to win their division, so it seemed, since practically May. That obviously did not happen. And now, because they got too comfortable with their lead, will now have to suffer and be cemented into baseball history for the biggest collapse by a team ever.

G.M.C.

2. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

to blame willie is ridiculous... he didn't give up 7 first inning runs

3. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

maybe it wasnt this game, although there were some dumb moves, but this entire month has really shown randolph is not a capable ML manager. Exit is spot on, his time is up.

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I'm sure its the GMC. The odds of one team beating another 4 straight games aren't great, but they'd be nothing near what it took for the Mets to piss away a 7 game lead with 17 to play, with only 3 games head to head against the team chasing them.

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

It has to bet the GYC.

That has never happened in baseball history...Biggest collapse to me, in any sport, ever.

6. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

He was asking statistically though. GYC is defintitely the most dramatic collapse in baseball history, but from a probability perspective this one is worse.

7. Irv

Irv Member

Thank you, glad you liked it. :shit:

8. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I think I'm siding with 3rd on this one. 4 games in a row can happen. The reason the success rate is so bad is because most of the time when a team goes up 3-0, the team with 0 sucks. The sox and yanks were very good teams, so one could beat the other. The Mets were playing the Nationals and Marlins, and still couldn't beat them.

9. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

No, WE had the worse collapse!

10. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The GYC had a trip to the World Series on the line and ended Boston's "curse", this monstrosity missed us the playoffs which may or may not have amounted to anything. The GYC is still much, much worse.

11. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

My dad makes more money than your dad!

:rofl:

Fair enough...I see your point, but to gag a 3-0 lead in a Championship series, come on...I see the probability argument, but sheesh...

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

My point exactly...Not "much, much worse."...But it is worse nonetheless.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Hey Yankee fans, don't try to take away our greatest collapse in baseball history. The Mets just blew a 7 game lead with 17 days left, you guys got nothing on us as far as collapses go. God you guys need to be the best at everything..

14. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wouldn't take any pride in having the worst or one of the worst collapses in history, the fact that this is an argument is beyond stupid

15. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

It's really just honest discourse. Both franchises have experienced this lately, so we can compare our misery.

I think Yankee fans were embarrassed by what happened 3 years ago. Mets fans generally accepted this as a possibility more than a few days ago as a direct consequence of piss poor play. The Yankees on the other hand demolished a team 3 games in a row and got blindsided at the end.

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

this just in,Willie Randolph just hit Omar Minaya with a steel chair.he then proceeded to rip off his Mets uniform to display his Yankee pinstripes underneath.proclaiming he and George Steinbrenner where behind the screw job all along.
    Where is Vince Mcmahon when you need him.
    G Y C 4 Life

17. Irv

Irv Member

I completely agree. Maybe it's just me because I have no faith in any of my teams anymore, but I'm not embarrassed by the way the Mets shot themselves in the foot. Yankees fans had eggs on their faces when they lost to their most hated rival after being up 3-0 in the ALCS. I'm making sigs pissing on my team because they deserve it for sucking and because I was tired of reading comments from the militant Pollyanna Mets fans on other message boards -- all of whom I would venture to guess are still living in their parents' basement.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maybe there be a GJC in January. I wonder what the worst record ever has been in the NFL for a team that made the playoffs the year before.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Off the top of my head, I'll go with the 1994 Oilers at 2-14. One of those wins came against the Jets on Christmas Eve when the Oilers were led at QB by the venerable Bucky Richardson.

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Willie barely hit him with that chair plus I saw Omar cut himself with a hidden razor...

G.M.C.