You make the call- Pennington or Clemens?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Exit 117, Sep 30, 2007.

?

Who do you start at QB in Week 5?

1. Chad Pennington

33.6%
  2. Kellen Clemens

66.4%
  1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I am of the belief that this team is horrible(today proved that) and Clemens is the future. Might as well get him the experience now..

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Wait a minute. You want to give Clemens his second start against the Philadelphia Eagles after having the first one against the Baltimore Ravens? Personally I'd like to see his next start be in a game where the Jets are not 7 point underdogs. That would be the Giants because it gets really ugly after that.

3. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

Really. The Giant game will almost be like a home game for him. I say he has to start next week and every week after that. He nneds to cut his teeth. If he's not an NFL stater we should know that by next draft.

4. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Pennington.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets might be at least 7 point dogs the rest of the season, right now they are one of the 5 worst teams in the league.. Either way, a full blown rebuilding has to start now and that means Clemens gets the rest of the year..

6. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Penny wont be benched unless hes is bad for at least 4 games in a row. An even today he was bad but i bet gini i gonna find some positive ala Herm. -__-

7. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

What is the fucking difference dude? with our oline every team is gonna be the Baltimore RAvens.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I've been on Chad's side all along.

Not anymore.

The defense had a lot to do with today's result, so did that piece of crap Nooge, but Chad just doesn't have it. Not only is he mostly only throwing short passes, but anything he throws more than 5 yards is 8 feet in the air when the receiver is supposed to be catching it.

Even if he doesn't throw picks, someone is going to get hurt because Chad steadfastly refuses to throw hard.

I'm done with the Chad era. It's time for Clemens.

9. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

just watched the highlights on DVR from the post game show...

May I have your attention please!!!!!

I have seen the power of the dark side & have been turned...

I am now considering going by Darth Ollie.... all sunshiners will be turned to the dark side or perish!!! It is their destiny!!!

All hail Clemens!!!

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm with you bro.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Chad Pennington. However, I want Chad to leave the Jets because he deserves better than what he gets from the fans. I want him to go somewhere where he will be repected and liked.

12. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

He is respected and liked here. No one questions that Chad is a good guy. But you can't defend his performance on the field any longer. He's been outperformed by KC in training camp, preseason, and in certain moments in the regular season.

13. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i vote for Pennington. all he does is win against the 0-4 Dolphins.

just think of all the keystrokes the sunshiners wasted on defending Pennington.

14. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Why does he deserve better? He has a great personality, and he's really committed to the team, but that's it.... We're fans of the team, not the players....

If he doesn't help this team win, why should we support him? We'll cheer for him while he's out there, but we're not going to blindly praise him...

For me, I'll treat Chad just like I treat David Barrett, Anthony Clement, Justin McCareins, and Bryan Thomas..... These are 5 guys who are consistently on the field, and are not making this team ANY better..... Nobody criticizes me for telling it like it is with those other 4 guys, but with Chad, there are a bunch of blind supporters who want to crucify anyone who doesn't love him....

Really perplexing....

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

hahah.

but wait. there's one man who refuses to submit, one man who will go to the ends of the galaxy and use the force to overcome the darkside.

and that man is Junc Skywalker.

16. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

Mangini is gonna give Chad another 4 games, and if we're 2-6 at that point he'll be benched.

17. NEJets

NEJets Member

Yes, that is BS, no question here. All he does is to win the games.
    Am I pathetic to defend the obvious mistake?

18. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

I will support any QB for the Jets who gives us the best chance to win. If Clemens is the man, then I would like to see him get the chance. Right now I am definately re-thinking my stance on the Chad vs. Kellen issue. Of course after a game like today, it is to be expected.

19. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

I was a huge Chad supporter, but at this point I have to say it can't get any worse. We lost to a shitty team and even though our defense is terrible we definately need to give Clemens a chance. He could be the X-factor.

20. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Leave Junk Skywalker to me!!!

He will join us or meet his doom