Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

the telltale sign to me was how how Clemens was throwing 25 yard completions against the Raven defense at the end and all Chad could do was throw 6 yard outs at the Buffalo D. The last interception was a disgrace. That effort was pathetic. Even in a prevent they play tight against him, though. When the Jets get behind 10 in quarter 4 they should use Clemens.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The guy had all day to pass and choose to check down when he wasn't under pressure all day. He played as well as he could against a horrible D and we scored 14 points. The guy has no confidence to let plays develop. Big stats no points.

3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Great post.

Chad is NOT the only Jets player out on that field every game. There are other players who mess up, people! And I thought that was obvious...

4. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Thank God a voice of reason. I'm ranting because of all the stupid Chad supporters. Lets move on. I'm a suffering fan since the Namath era and we won't win with Chad at the helm. I"m tired of hearing he got us to the playoffs. For those who are just happy with getting into the playoffs I suggest you become a Giant fan.

5. MandalayVA

MandalayVA New Member

I hate being a Jets fan. It's like having an abusive boyfriend who keeps promising he'll do better next time, then still punches you in the face.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Want to blame somebody blame the idiot head coach and gm that put this shit team together. they have had a free pass for too long now.

7. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Amen man, amen

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The D didn't play well but they held up and got some turnovers. The OL played very well, Chad had all day to pass. His WR made great catches all over the field today. The problem Buffalo was able to keep everything in front of them and forced Chad to make a couple of throws that he can't make that were picked.

The Jets aren't very good and that includes the QB.

9. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Who messed up on the Jets offense? The run blocking wasn't good, and that was about it.... The WRs did everything they could, as did Baker, Leon and TJ in the passing game, despite being set up by Chad to get NAILED over and over....... The O line did very well pass blocking, other than Brick's 2 penalties.... Chad was clean for the most part, and continually looked down field, then decided to throw the ball one yard, or even behind the LOS....

10. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Ok I see your point . So you believe its all Chads fault and the fact that we had under 65 yards rushing means nothing...Checking down to your number 2 0r 3 receiver is usually a sign of good pass coverage

11. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I hope we keep tanking games

so he will bring in Clemens. God, I knew the game was over when it was 2 minutes to go and Chad was at the helm. You knew he wasn't going to throw the deep ball because his noodle arm won't allow it without it being picked off. So what does he do? dink, dunk, dink, dunk. Maybe, just maybe the 2 interceptions 2 causing a td will cause Mangini to rethink the QB situation

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We have no downfield threat at all with Chad as our Qb. Didn't anyone notice how close up the Buffalo secondary was playing today. How about Chad almost getting JCo killed on yet another floatie?

Aren't you guys done with the DDP yet? (Dink, dunk and punt)

Wake me up when the Pennington Era is finally over. I just can't take this nonsense anymore..

13. NEJets

NEJets Member

This deserves a solo thread. For all Chad lovers, they are all blind.
    For any good QB, with 2 min left down by 3, you should give the team a chance to win. Not these freaking screen passes.
    I am sick and tired of people who defend Chad. The season is over, we know what we can get from Chad. But we don't know what we can get from Clemens. Why can't we find out?

14. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Don't you guys get tired of having to defend your QB all the time? Don't you wish you had a QB who played consistently good enough so that you wouldn't have to defend him?

15. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

watching the jets motion-dink and dunk-smoke screen offense makes me wanna fucking puke all over myself, this team is going nowhere, when wwe aree offense it is like we are in the red zone everytime bc after 20yds it does't even fucking matter unless we break a few tackles, ive been a chad supporter for a while but i dont know, i cant watch this offense it is disgusting, and for the love of christ can we get some fucking pressure on a rookie 3rd round qb? makin this guy look like goddamn elway out there, its ridiculous, first wvu looses and no we shit the bed against an 0-3 last in d
    last in offense inexperienced bullshit i hate the jets fuck fuck ufck

16. duketogo

duketogo New Member

Yeah, Chad also threw for 290 yards against the league's worst defense.

17. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

He has one play inside the 10--the fade. He cannot stick it between 2 DBs in the end zone. Wthout the sideline he is helpless. Not his fault. Not mine either.

18. NEJets

NEJets Member

Man,,, talking about kissing some butts.. Here we see them all.

Can anybody tell me the last 2 min play? Oh, yea, blame OC. He called the intercepption.

#58 NEJets, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  19. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Start Clemens now. NEVER tank games, you play to win. But clemens gives this team the best chance to win and should start againt the Giants.

20. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

The D stopped the Bills when it counted (I also think the D sucks), but Chad threw into double when the game was on the line. I was yelling don't throw that pass. I think the whole world could see that was going to be intercepted except Chad. Mangini and the whole team have done a terrible job thus far. What else is there to say?