Official Bench Chad Pennington Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan51, Sep 30, 2007.

1. jetfan51

jetfan51 New Member

The Time Is Now

clemens time

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The time was two weeks ago.

If Mangini wants any chance to catch lightning in a bottle this year he'll go with Clemens next week. If he wants to get fired at the end of 2008 he'll stay with Chad and keep the mess roiled up until TC next year.

If you want to win big you have to take chances. Mangini needs to show us some cojones here or we're stuck in same ol' same ol'.

Vinny was passing just fine in 2002 when he was replaced but the Jet's offense was dysfunctional.

#2 Br4d, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  3. ChadisGoldenBoy

ChadisGoldenBoy New Member

Chad cannot run the 2 minute drill

I loved Chad, but there is a change needed. He cannot bring this team back as evidenced by his numerous check downs to Leon.

It's time for the Kellen Clemens era to begin.

4. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

please. 1-3. We are on the same level as Buff the worse offense and worse defense in the league. HOLY SHIT that is saying something. Bring out the heroin needles cause Cleveland just found their Tom Brady. I want a team that will not loose to shitty teams and wins against good one.

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It's kind of hard when your O-Line can't hold the defense for you.

Pressure lead to that interception by Chad to end the game.

6. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I agree, but I can't wait to see junc & co come in here and try to tell everyone that Chad played great today..... He had a high completion %, and that's all that matters, as we all know...

I swear, if stat sheets didn't exist, and people just judged players by what they observed on the field, I don't think ANYONE would want Chad as our QB anymore....

Everyone who defends him continually looks to the completion % and QB rating to save them.... It's bogus....

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

It's time to let it go and start over

The Kellen Clemens era should begin next week. No questions about it.

8. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

BENCH CHAD

I can't believe it took mangini so long to realize what crap he is. Atleast now all the fans agree that chad is horrible. It's time to move on.

BENCH CHAD

9. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Chad opened, looked, saw triple coverage, felt pressure, and tried to force it....

A reasonable play would have been open, look, see triple coverage, and throw it out of bounds, or tuck and run even, that was a TERRIBLE decision....

10. Clemens 2008

Clemens 2008 New Member

Then we need Kellen Clemens to start next season and we need real coach to show him the ropes, not the whining sissy we have. How much do think Bill Cohwer commands to come back look what he did with Roethlisberger.

P.S. Easy guys Chad might not be that great but he has a lot of heart and would still be playing after losing both his testicles, if he was asked to. Ask that he be benched but don't call him crap or anything.

#10 Clemens 2008, Sep 30, 2007
  11. It won't though...

The CS, FO and too many fans, still have a pipe dream of us going 9-7 and having a first round exit in the playoffs..

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

but Drew Chad was 45 for 45 and 200 yards!!!! oh yeah...that only gave us 7 points....and then he threw the game away with his first pick...nevermind, youre right. OF COURSE THE CLEMENS ERA SHOULD BEGIN!

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

There's just no point in playing Chad anymore. At 1-3 it will be next to impossible to snag a wildcard spot having to compete with Denver, SD, Jax, Houston, Tennessee, Cincy, Baltimore. Clemens should play and get some experience.

14. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Cannot agree with this thread. Chad can run the two but he isnt up to par right now. I dont feel like sitting through another season of this. Wondering if his pass was gonna get there.

15. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

The two minute drill summed up CP. Dunk dink oh shit clock erm dunk dink oh shit 10 seconds ....ffflllooooooaaaatttteeeeerrrrr ....interception!

Will never ever win anything with him at qb.

16. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

But he was so efficient!!!!

17. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

1. nugent missed a fg
    2. penalties killed every drive
    3. we would have had many more point without all those penalties, chad pennington pretty much drove the ball down the field every drive

18. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

Pennington Sucks!!!!!!!

i am so sick and tired of pennington appoligists. he is a greta leader hes a greta team mate but so is the water boy. who can throw better than pennington. he sucks has no arm.
    we will never ever get to be an upper tier team wiht him as qb. both interceptions were ducks as were most of his passes. and can we do al our selves a favor if your going to use the 3-4 next year can we get ride of vilma and robertson i love vilma but hes is not or ever will be a 3-4 lber. .
    ive been watching this team for 30+ yrs and im sick of this crap. if we can see it the announcers can see it why cant the front office see it. penningtons arm limits us limits the running game and over all limits the offense.
    you see every once in a while when he gets the ball to coles and especially cothcery they are excellent at running after the catch. but when your waiting for old noodle arm to get the ball to him it limits everything as a offense we can do or become. there is way to much tallent on this team not to be able to score more than 14 ponits againt that defense. we play into teams defense every week becasue there is never ever a threat to \throw the ball deep. please if there is a god in heaven no more chad pennington

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with you Drew.

Chad played well today. Sure, he had the two interceptions, but that's what happens when your O-Line can't hold up for your Quarterback. If Clemens comes in, you still need to have a good O-Line, and it's a known fact that the Jets O-Line isn't all that good.

20. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

the telltale sign to me was how how Clemens was throwing 25 yard completions against the Raven defense at the end and all Chad could do was throw 6 yard outs at the Buffalo D! The last interception was a disgrace. That effort was pathetic. Even in a prevent they play tight against him, though. When the Jets get behind 10 in quarter 4 they should use Clemens.

#20 jdon, Sep 30, 2007