PURE RUMOR from Fox Sports - Chad in Chitown next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am also correct about Kosar.

From Wikipedia-

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Some people will stop at absolutely nothing. Chad is our QB and offensive captain. The end.

3. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

no way he is way too competitive to allow himself to be in a position where he could be the best qb and not play due to "potential" as much as he loves th ejets, he loves competing more, which is why he is the man! give us urlacher and alex brown for drob and penny and we'll talk!

4. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

see the browns and charlie frye, circa 2007

5. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Right now he is our QB and offensive captain, no doubt about it.

But Kellen has shown us what he can do, his name will be called soon enough.

6. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

man, you are such a freakin homer, i lmao with this post. a 1st and a second dayer???

the only draft pick noodle arm is going to demand will be a second day pick, and thats all the jets will get. talk about over evaluating talent/player!!!stick with being a grocery clerk or whatever dumbed down job you work...

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Chad would have a lot of value to the right team: e.g. a team that was really just a decent QB away from a championship run.

Teams that qualify right now are Chicago and possibly Minnesota. Both of them have strong defenses and a solid running game and a gaping hole at QB.

The team that could double-vision themselves into thinking they're just a QB away but really aren't is Kansas City.

8. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

That's a bit harsh. The guy was only saying what he, personally, would want to trade Chad. It's a bit of fun and there's surely no need to be so offensive.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Frye was the Browns offensive leader earlier this month? News to me.
    Putting Frye and Pennington in the same boat is ridiculous.

10. MandalayVA

MandalayVA New Member

Hmm ... scenario ... Chad gets traded ... wins Super Bowl ... hoists Lombardi Trophy over his head ... as all the Jets fans who said he sucked cry piteously ...

Then again, in my experience it's been a time-honored tradition for Jets fans to bitch about the current QB and clamor for the backup. In four or five years you'll all be bitching about Clemens (if he's even still here) and wanting his backup to come in and/or a "good" one to be drafted. That is, if Chad still isn't here. :grin:

11. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Yeah, Charlie Frye was such a key force and offensive leader of the Browns.

That's a silly comparison.

12. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

You're forgetting one key thing. CHAD IS NOT PLAYING POORLY!!!! All of the people you list were playing poorly at teh time they were traded!!!!! This is not the same.

I am definetely looking forward to seeing KC take over for the Jets one day. But, as of right now, there is absolutely no reason to trade Chad Pennington. It will not happen this year. Maybe in the off-season.

#192 JetsFan2004, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  13. Rhodes_25

Rhodes_25 New Member

You would be lucky to get a 7th rounder pick for pennington

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

121.4 Passer Rating, 76.2% completion in 2 games played. Why is this thread still going?

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

In 2 out of 3 games...that's why.

16. Br4d

I think Chad is a decent QB. He's 31 years old and he's injury prone, and unlike Phil Simms he doesn't have Lawrence Taylor and the Giant's defense backing him up.

Completing 6 yard passes is an admirable thing compared to not being able to complete them. It's not a dominant characteristic in an NFL QB though. Any good defense is going to take Chad's game and absolutely stuff it. And they do.

The Jets have faced 25 defenses ranked in the top 10 at the end of the year with Chad at QB. They have scored 379 points against those 25 teams or an average of 15.16 pts per game. The Jet's record in those games is 7-18.

Let me say that again: the Jet's record in games that Chad has started against top 10 defenses is 7-18.

That's why he's never going to get us to the promised land. He can't beat top defenses without getting very lucky.

Edited for a game I missed.

BTW, in 2002 Chad's Jets scored 105 pts in 5 games against top 10 defenses or 21 a game. They went 2-3 in those games. Since 2003 Chad's Jets have scored 274 points in 20 games against top 10 defenses or 13.7 pts a game. They are 5-15 in those games.

#196 Br4d, Sep 29, 2007
  17. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

As compared to? Take Brady and Manning out of the equation, way special cases there. Teams with top 10 defenses win for a reason...

18. Br4d

Top 10 defensive teams that face Chad have had a composite 263-137 record at the end of the seasons in which they faced him. That's an average of 10.52 wins per season. Against Chad they play like 11.52 win teams. That's not the hallmark of a great QB. Chad is a game worse against them than the average QB those defenses face.

#198 Br4d, Sep 29, 2007
  19. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

I don't disagree with the above, but IMHO I believe Chad can take us deep into the playoffs with the right supporting cast. I just don't think he has had it during his tenure as Jets QB, especially since 2002.

Having the Pats in our division the past few years and being a powerhouse has also hurt us a lot becasue we have'nt been able to win the division (except for 2002 I think).

I want the Jets to win as much as the next guy, and i believe if we can get it straight on the O-Line and D-Line, he can take us deep into the playoffs. It's probably far fetched to think that we'll be able to fix it this season, in which case next TC is an open tryout for the QB position again.

20. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

2 out of 2 games he's played in. You can't play in more games than you actually play in. Duh!