PURE RUMOR from Fox Sports - Chad in Chitown next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 25, 2007.

1. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

We get a chance to see if Cincy can clean our clocks in a few weeks.

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

OK a Barry Bonds rookie card and a 12 pack of Bush

3. FOURTHANDLONG

We had an easier schedule than the Steelers and Bengals. We also had an easir schedule than the Jaguars who Destroyed us last year when we played them.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good point. The Steelers and Bengals losses were heartbreaking last year.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Now I'm confused. According to you, they already did last year. Did the clocks get dirty again?

6. ........

........ Trolls

Complete disasters. It was like we were never in those games.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

There's really no excuse not to go digital these days. Far less upkeep required.

Of course, we could just ask Wayne to give us back his new timepiece...

8. FOURTHANDLONG

We had an easier schedule than the Steelers and Bengals. We also had an easir schedule than the Jaguars who Destroyed us last year when we played them.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Still not sure I understand, so you're saying that the team with the weakest schedule gets to choose 3 teams to clean their clocks? Does that only apply to clocks or can they make one team clean the toilets?

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Herm was really bad with clock management or he just never had a weak enough schedule to get them cleaned. Hmm interesting..

10. ........

........ Trolls

And the Pats were blanked by the Dolphins. I suppose Miami should have won the division! It's called a bad day and a bad matchup. Ask Jacksonville how well they matched up with Houston last season.

11. FOURTHANDLONG

We can talk about how well we match up with Cincy and Pitt when we play them later this year. How about that?

12. FOURTHANDLONG

It is usually the teams that have records over 500. I believe we beat only one last year. WEAK SCHEDULE!

13. ........

........ Trolls

FOURTHANDLONG, I have a question. Do you dip your fingers in shit before you start typing, or does it pour out of them naturally?

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This thread went from worst to first in the past couple pages! :up:

15. FOURTHANDLONG

I will see where your fingers are dipped in after the season. Maybe with Chad someplace in Chicago.

16. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

both good points... though I suspect you were one of the jets fans who was saying curtis was slower than 95% of nfl rb's and should be benched in favor of lamont jordan. (curtis, like chad, being a player that rose to the top not by being the biggest fastest and strongest but instead with intelligence, hard work, and extremely effective use of the skills he did possess.)
    And in those years when you say the jets did have a good offense, how did they do when chad was hurt and Vinny T (your kind of QB- #1 pick, huge arm) was running the offense? The fact is out of the group of young qb's- Young, Cutler, E. Manning, A. Smith, Rivers, Schaub, etc. some will probably be better than chad (maybe some already are as IgnatiusJ points out) and others a la jeff george or ryan leaf will never figure out how to use their physical skills to become winners.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

Curtis Martin is the Greatest Jet of all time next to Willie Joe! I was luke warm on Vinnie and at not time did I think Jordan should replace Martin. I agree some Qb's will never figure out how to be winners. With that said I don't feel Chad can win on this team. His skill set is going to hurt us later in the year when we have to score some points. We can all at least agree our defense S**ks and we are going to have to win some shootouts.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Vinny took the Jets further and had a better year than Chad ever had. The guy was in his late 30's with a major injury that killed any mobility he had and he still kept Chad on the bench a year and a quarter longer than he should have.

19. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

That's an interesting point. In my mind, healthy or not, chad's presence drastically improved jets teams of the PAST. just look at their record with and without him. (can't seem to find it but they're dramatic different.) Every team is different though and maybe you're right that he won't be able to help this particular team. I hope you're wrong but I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.
    Maybe if he can orchestrate long time consuming drives, he can keep our questionable D well rested and at its best. I agree though, if we do fall way behind, we'd have a better shot with a gunslinging QB. I think chad's capable of putting up 14+ points in the 4th quarter if needed but when you desperately need 14 points in 3 minutes, you probably want a brett favre type.

20. FOURTHANDLONG

The key is the past. That time has come and gone. If Trent Green tore our secondary to shread what is Carson Palmer going to do. It will not take him three qtrs to get it going. The problem is alot of the teams are capable of putting up 14 points in 3 minutes throughout the game. All it takes is one score and a turnover for us to be down 14 points and then we are at a disadvantage for the rest of the game against good offensive teams.