PURE RUMOR from Fox Sports - Chad in Chitown next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 25, 2007.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Oh cmon with CP howitzer arm Chicago wind tunnel would be a piece of cake for CP

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

What year do you project that will occur?

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I would want at least a Barry Bonds rookie card

4. ........

........ Trolls

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that any thread posted on a fan message board could be particularly useful. Fact is, the only utility that could possibly be derived from a post would be if a member of the CS read it and decided to implement it into his strategy, a player read it and altered his play, or a management figure read it and chose to utilize the sage wisdom in a roster making decision. Since the likelihood of each of these is approximately zero, no thread is useful. It's all speculative and fun. As such, no thread demands your attention with its importance. Feel free to skip it in the future instead of posting poorly spelled mini-diatribes if you're not interested in the content.

Oh, and I also wasn't aware that it was particularly useful to pretend to make skin masks of our opposing coaches each week. In fact, didn't we lose in week one and two? If anything, I'd say you're being detrimental.

5. ........

........ Trolls

28. Justify away.

6. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

do you honestly think that at this stage in his career vince young could come in and immediately make the jets a better team? next year maybe but not right now. he'd show flashes of brilliance that chad could never match but he'd cost us games with incomplete passes and bone headed interceptions as well. It's not all about the highlight real- it's about leadership and game management as well. Chad doesn't have a strong arm but he makes very few mistakes and knows how to win. Eli obviously has more potential but he has yet to be as effective as chad.
    you must think that the rest of the jets squad is superbowl calibre and chad is holding them back because the fact is that when chad is healthy (or even unhealthy but on the field,) the jets are a playoff team. do we become a superbowl team if Jay Cutler tosses chad his jockstrap and takes control of our offense? you're delusional. we have pretty average talent on this team and chad, noodle arm and all, is effective enough to elevate them into perennial playoff contenders. I stand by my point that there aren't a whole lot of quarterbacks in the league who at this stage in their careers are going to give you that.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

All the other Qb's mentioned give us a shot to win despite our horrible Defense or lack of a running game on certain games. If everything is not Perfect Chad gives us no chance against good teams. Vince young has wond games that Chad would have not had a prayer in. If we are down 10 to a good team in the 4th the game is over with Chad. The other guys give us at least a chance. I think Cutler, Vince and the rest of them can call two yard Checkdowns as well as chad. The difference is they can make something out of nothing and give Schotty the ability to use all of his playbook.

8. ........

........ Trolls

No way could Chad start over VY for the Titans. Honestly, I think VY's elusiveness would help us with our line problems. Schaub's a better fit for the Texans, too. Right now, though, Chad's a better QB than everyone else on that list. Especially Rivers. I've talked to multiple former Chargers about this, and they all agree that the Chargers would be a much better team with Chad at the helm.

9. FOURTHANDLONG

Im sure Lt would love to see 8 in the box every week because Chad could not stretch the field. We have a good T/E in Baker and Chad has not found him in years. How do you think Gates would feel about this? The chargers Wr stink how good do you think the Chargers would be without them turning Chads five yard ducks into first downs. No way in h**l the Chargers are a better team with Chad.

10. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

It's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING that with a "horrible defense", "lack of running game" and one of the worst qb's in the league, the Jets are a perennial playoff team! it can't be mangini because, herm was able to pull off the miracle too. How do they do it!?

The grass is always greener my friend. the jets are better than you think in all aspects of their game. If, every week, you had to watch some of the other QBs that you're putting on pedestals, you'd realize that.

11. FOURTHANDLONG

Last year a weak schedule put us in the playoffs. In previous years we had one of the best lines in the league to block for our future HOF running back Curtis Martin.

12. ........

........ Trolls

It's amazing that you know more than NFL vets who played for the former team. Chad doesn't use Baker enough because Chris is forced to stay back and help out the struggling OL. You don't face that same problem in SD. Gates would get his touches. Rivers has been a liability this season. He holds the ball too long and always tries to seek out the long ball instead of using what he has underneath. On every play to LT this season, LT has been the first option and Rivers hasn't taken his eyes off of him, making him easy to defend. He never checks down. When he's getting ready to go deep, defenses key on the defender from the snap, which has led to several costly picks. That team needs a smart QB, and Rivers is not yet a smart QB.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Hey, but he can make all the throws. :grin:

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Why do you think the weak schedule decided to put us in the playoffs last year over the Dolphins or Bills? I'm not complaining I appreciate that the weak schedule would do that but I am really curious as to why the Jets?

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Because the only way the Jets could ever be successful is if Joe Namath in his prime was QB, Curtis Martin in his prime was RB, Al Toon in his prime was at WR, and our defense still had the Sack Exchange, with Aaron Glenn in his prime at CB, silly.

Any other way is obviously just plain ol' dumb luck.

16. FOURTHANDLONG

It put us in the playoffs over the Steelers, Bengals and Jaguars who cleaned our clocks last year!

17. ........

........ Trolls

I'd better start working faster fixing the De Lorean.

18. ........

........ Trolls

That's funny. I thought we got in because of our record. Didn't even know we played the Steelers.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Now your not making sense.. Why would the Steelers, Bengals & Jaguars clean our clocks? Is Woody to cheap to hire a cleaning service?

20. ........

........ Trolls

Or Cincy for that matter.