Walt Michaels/Joe Walton = Eric Mangini/Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ny2dave, Sep 24, 2007.

1. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well our front office didn't have any faith in the draft last year, although we did improve our defensive talent just not enough to where we need to be

2. MandalayVA

MandalayVA New Member

Oh, that's easy. Mangini/Schottenheimer are MUCH hotter than Michaels/Walton.

Sorry, had to be a girl on this one. :grin:

3. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I really wish they could have addressed our NT situation. That seems to be the most pressing need, we all see it. And it wasn't addressed.

4. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I can't argue with you on that point! :grin:

5. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

DaBoll will be the offensive coordinator next year. He was Mangini's first choice but couldn't get him.

By next year, Marty S. will be back in the league and BS will probably go join him. Or it may be the other way around.

Anyway, Tangini administration will fail if they don't change some of their
    arrogant ways:

1) Either build a roster to play the defense or play the defense that fits the roster

2) Stop cutting of your nose with players that can contribute just because you don't like their attitude: Kendall is one, but I got sick to my stomach watching Mawae help lead Vince Young down the field the other night. Ridiculous to let go a future HOF, and I don't care how good Mangold is. Keep both and move Mangold to guard until Mawae is done.

3) Get more active in FA...they're taking forever to build this team. Our defensive is completely bereft of impact players.

6. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not so sure Marty will be back next year. We saw a decided shift in thinking this offseason. The only coaching retreads were Norv Turner and Wade Phillips, and the former has been absolutely disastrous. The new and untested coaches have been marked improvements over carousel coaches like Denny Green and Art Shell, and I think we see more of the same next season. My guess is that we only see a coaching change for the Giants, and they steer clear of a former coach after Tom Coughlin (unless Cowher decides to return). Before the season, I would have said Jax and TB were possibilities as well, but they've started well. Crennel may be a casualty as well. We'll see.

I agree with point 3, although I think that with better play up front, you'll see that we do have impact players in the secondary. As far as point one, you're right. The problem is that we don't have a defensive system that fits our personnel any more. There's too much of a mix in our front seven.

7. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Totally agree with you on point 1.

8. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Yeah, the play of our front seven is hurting a good secondary. We do have to play a defense that optimizes our talent.