PURE RUMOR from Fox Sports - Chad in Chitown next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 25, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I think Jets fans have put up with a lot of pretty crappy and mediocre QB's over the years and many have idolized them as if they were HOF players. Imagine the pandemic outbreak of priapism in Jetsville if we ever had a QB like Favre on the JETS.

2. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

Crazy talk! you're either way overvaluing draft picks or way undervaluing the importance of a starting qb- especially a proven winner like chad.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I agree with you but think NY fans in general are probably less forgiving than most cities. That's not the point I was making though.

My point is that someone with Favre's accomplishments and playing ability has earned some of the forgiveness the GB fans give him. Chad has accomplished NOTHING compared to what Favre has done in this league. Even in NY he would get more leeway if he had a career close to Favre's IMO.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Farve would have a Bronze Statue in front of the stadium and there would be 2 million fans at his HOF induction if he had done for the Jets what he has for the Packers. We idolize 124 yds against the dolphins. Just think if we had the Qb who will have thrown the most td of all time when it is all said and done.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Personally I think Favre is badly overrated. He had a good run with Holmgren and cut down on his silly mistakes for a few years, that's about it. Aside from that, he's been spectacular at times and always game, but also a rockhead and hasn't done much since 1996. Jet fans would have gotten tired of that act a long time ago.

6. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

This thread sucks more than a cambodian prostitute...

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

They better give us one of their stud D-linemen or LBs....if not F it...

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, Favre and Brady are overrated and Pennington is underrated. When all is said and done, Favre will be mentioned among the all-time greats and he's earned it with a fantastic career.

edit: sorry for the hijacking - i'll stfu

9. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Is that comparison first hand or word of mouth?

10. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

And it begins :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

OMG is this just the beginning? I thought this has been going on forever.

12. Italian Seafood

My statement on Favre has nothing to do with Pennington. I thought Favre was overrated before I'd ever heard of Pennington. Favre is a good QB, but if he was so great he'd have a lot more to show for starting every game since 1992.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Joe Namath.

We still love him 36 years after his last decent season. Until the knees he was Brett Favre.

14. Br4d

How about a Panamian? Or a Pomeranian?

15. Italian Seafood

Thirty years after the fact, yes. Even Patrick Ewing is starting to get some props now that we have Eddy Curry. But if Joe were still here, at the end of his rope and impeding the future of the team, everyone would be clamoring for the new guy. Imagine that. In fact, that's pretty much what happened in 1977 and why Joe ended his career with the Rams.

16. Br4d

Chad has been a bitter disappointment to Jets fans who just knew that same ol', same ol' was going to happen after 2002.

Are the injuries his fault? Of course not. That doesn't change the fact that two of our seasons were ruined when he got hurt and no capable backup was available to fill in. And that doesn't count 2004, our best team since 1998, when his injuries also contributed heavily to a potential 12-4 team going 10-6 instead.

Are the losses in the playoffs in Oakland in 2002, Pittsburgh in 2004 and New England in 2006 his fault? Hell yeah they are, his offensive machine broke down in all 3 games mainly because he was not able to finish the deal on enough drives (not on ANY drives against Pittsburgh) to make the Jets competitive in those games. In 2006 he had very little help on the offensive line and you kind of understand why he couldn't get anything going against the Pats but in 2002 and 2004 his lines were golden and he had Curtis Martin standing behind him in the backfield. No excuses there, just weak play at QB and losses.

Vince Young has already lead the Tennessee Titans to 3 4th quarter comebacks when they were down 2 scores in less than a season of QBing. Want to guess how many 2 score down 4th quarter comebacks Chad has lead for the Jets?

#56 Br4d, Sep 25, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  17. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Being a UGA grad, I've Gator Hated Rex Grossman for a long while now -- and seeing him struggle strikes a boner in heart. I hate the fact that The Bears got to the SB despite Rex's abysmal play -- But if Chad were QB for the Bears last year, surrounded by that kind of talent (especially defensively), there may have been a different SB champ.

My heart boner would surely vanish if Pennington became SB champ with any team but ours though.

18. Br4d

Namath had been over for 4 years by 1977 and everybody knew it but the Jets could not pull the trigger on their legend. That's why the fans didn't mind when the Jets sent him to the Rams. Nice cover story there too as Joe Willie was going to LA to look into a film career after his playing days.

Patrick Ewing was always a good center, Dave Debusschere was a lousy GM. That's why the Knicks never did much in his early days and honestly his mid to late days were pretty good in terms of how the team did. Especially given that Michael Jordan was walking the NBA courts at the same time he was.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

This thread made me colicky. Pretty soon I'm gonna screech and throw peanuts.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I would trade Chad to 'da bears if we swaped our 2nd round picks and they threw in a years supply if Chicago style pizza pies.