PURE RUMOR from Fox Sports - Chad in Chitown next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 25, 2007.

1. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

^Hey, leave Cab Calloway out of this!

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I would offer Chad and our defense for their defense..

3. ........

........ Trolls

Why the hell would you group me with those two?

4. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Whatever his reasons are, they surely aren't complimentary.

5. ........

........ Trolls

That's what I've been saying for weeks. Chad on the Bears team makes them my favorite to represent the NFC in the SB.

6. ........

........ Trolls

No kidding. Nor are they well reasoned. I've spent the season arguing with those two that Chad should be the starter for the remainder of the season barring a complete breakdown in play (or a significant offer from another team, which is unlikely, but fun to speculate about with the Bears in dire straits at QB).

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am starting to lose interest in this site. You gotta be kidding me with this crap

8. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

First of all any trade that involves me has to bring back a #1 pick!

9. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Me too. Every thread is eventually steered to some extent into Clemans starting and Chad leaving somehow or someday.

Head over to the Packers forum if you wan to see some great football fans. Through thick and thin. Doesnt matter if Favre is hucking up 60 yard bombers that get intercepted everytime every season (exept this one lol) they love him and they love the packers. Both QBs play with heart and put everything they have into the game. HUGE difference in fanbase here.

This site is begining to suck bigtime. I am going to start looking elsewhere real soon.

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Because you started the thread, nothing personal. :beer:

Actually, you for the heart attack guy straight up might be worth looking into. They would never take champ's inflated cap number at his age.

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

bye-bye...don't let the door hit you on the ass.

12. FOURTHANDLONG

Your good today!

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You and your noodle brain would be lucky to get us a day 2 pick..

14. sect105

sect105 New Member

Chad to the Bears will never happen.

Everyone knows that Chad will be traded to the Chiefs next year to play for Herm!

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What's second of all?

16. FOURTHANDLONG

We couldn't trade you for Rex Grossman at this point! We should have gotten rid of you for a sixpack of bud when we had the chance. I take it you will become a bears fan when Penny ends up there.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I suppose if Pennington had won 2 superbowls, had the record for most consecutive games started as a QB, was tied for all time passing TD's, and made plays like Brett Favre he would have more of the fan base behind him.

Unfortunately he's a couple of notches below Favre on the all-time QB list.

#37 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 25, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  18. FOURTHANDLONG

Get ready for Vision to send you back a post to let you know Chad has a higher carer Qb rating and that he once threw the Legendary 40 yard Post to Santana Moss in 2004!

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I suppose if he also badly underthrew a ball in OT to singlehandedly lose us a playoff game, everyone would still be cheering him on. And if he laid down to give away the sack record to his retarded, gap-toothed friend, everyone in New York would let that slide, too. And if he waited until March every year to decide if he were coming back, Jet nation would sit quietly with baited breath and welcome him back with open arms?

I'd say Green Bay fans are a tad more forgiving than Jet fans.

20. ........

........ Trolls

To be fair, this thread isn't about not loving CP. I love CP, I've spent a ton of time recently defending him against the ridiculous criticism he faces, and I started this thread. I thought it was interesting that one of the teams that would be ideally suited for Chad has finally acknowledged that it has a huge QB problem. I would love to see Chad go to a Super Bowl, but I don't think it happens with this team.

Whether you like it or not, Kellen Clemens will be starting before we're ready for a SB run. I would prefer to see Chad start the rest of this season, but this idea seemed intriguing. I'd also love it if he did restructure and served as the backup when the team gets turned over to Clemens, but that's a waste of his talent. He deserves to be starting for a team, and I thought this matched him up well with a Bears team that he could take to the SB with, in my opinion, little trouble.

I'll continue to support Chad while he's the starter of this team, and love to watch him play. I'm a realist, though. I know this team is going to move to KC, I know that KC is probably going to be better suited for this team in the future, and I'd like to see us maximize Chad's value and see Chad maximize his talent. That does NOT mean I'll be glad to see him go, and it does not mean that I think KC is a better quarterback. You have to match the team to the QB.