Chads rush td and funky celebration

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYMagpies, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Conversely I could say, he averaged 1 TD for every 40 yards he threw for, so if we get him to throw for 240 yards, he'll score six td's.

Means just as much.

2. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

22nd among starting QBs isn't middle of the pack. And it would be even lower if he didn't take those short dump off throws whenever they were available.

As for his career YPA, he hasn't been over 7 since 2004 and is trending downward, while Palmer has been 7.5, 7.8 and 7.5 the last 3 years. So stop with the silly comparisons please.

3. Hobbes3259

It's not 'trending' anywhere. Last year he was at 6.9 YPA, coming off of two shoulder surgeries. Given the facts, it more likely that he will revert back to the average. And Yes, Palmer has Averaged 7.5,7.8,and 7.5 if you throw out his bad year.

But at the end of the day, you have to give Pennington the same consideration. that Makes it 7.6 opposed to 7.2.

Remind me again, how many times Palmer has put his team in the playoffs...

or won playoff games.... It's Palmer lack of Playoff experience, that makes this a silly comparison.

At the end of the day Wins, not Passing Yards matter.

Pennington gets them more consistently than most others.

4. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Yeah, 2-0 against the Pats, and we scored.. 14 points.... Like I said before, he can manage the hell out of the game... He'll be nice and safe with the football, and he won't lose the game for you....

The way I see it, he put up essentially the same performance, dink-and-dunk short throws, safe plays, smart decisions, against New England as he did against Miami....

The difference between 24 offensive points and 14 offensive points is that we were playing a shitty team in Miami, that we were able to run against...

The way Chad plays, he'll beat every team that we should beat... But there aren't too many of them on our schedule, because right now, most of our team stinks.... He won't beat anyone who's more talented than us, because he just doesn't make those plays.... He can't carry the team...

5. Hobbes3259

At some point the defnse got Miami off the field.

Pennington came in the game on ONE LEG. and drove right down the field for a second score, early in the thrid qtr.

Defense and ST cost us the game against NE.

***Note, that isnt saying the Chad WOULD have won that game, but he was the best Jets player on the field that afternoon.

***P.S. does anyone besides me find it Odd that two QB's in NE's division got their legs rolled up on ?

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yes, he only helped score us 14 points against the Pats... and if the team did not suck quite so bad he could have scored more. No one is making Chad out to be Superman here, but his gutsy playing has been the best thing going so far in two starts. I'm sorry you are offended by his not putting up 450 yards in the air and winging the ball on 30 yard out patterns. If winning doesn't do it for you I am afraid I don't know what to do for you. :)

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

When he wins against the upper crust of teams in the Afc then he will do it for us. I don't care what he does against the bills or Phins he is supposed to do that. He earns his stripes and money in the games he wins against good teams. This year he is 0-1 against the only good team he faced! He had a loosing record last year against teams that were over 500 that we played. He wins against the scrubs!

8. FOURTHANDLONG

I understand your a die hard Jet fan because I am as well but how can you even think to compare Chad to Carson Palmer? This is insanity at it's peak!

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I guess Chad was supposed to lead us to more points from the bench while New England had the ball for 8-10 minutes at a time. Ridiculous. And if we can't beat good teams with Chad at QB, why is he one of the only QBs in history with more than one win at Gillette?

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah well maybe homeboy forgot Carsons leg exploded against the Steelers in a game which many felt the Bengals couldve come out on top.

that and youve gotta be on ludes to mention the two in the same sentence.

11. fake_crs

fake_crs New Member

Fourthandlong, I do not believe you are a die hard fan. For the record. You are not fooling me. Never, have any of your posts in all of the time I have been a member of this forum, led me to believe you are a Jet fan.

You are a troll, who gets off by posting negative crap day in and day out even when their is reason for celebrating. Not just this weekend, but all last year when we were winning games too.

Your not a true Jet fan as far as I am concerned.

The Jets beat Miami. I love beating Miami, and I always will.

12. Hobbes3259

ITA.......Look at some of the arguments we are getting here...

13. FOURTHANDLONG

When we were both good and the games meant something I loved Miami Ny Jets. AJ Duhe broke my heart as a kid! With that said the Dolphins s**k and the Patriots are our competition. What they h**l is there to celabrate in beating a bad team. When there is a reason to Celebrate I will post accordingly. Your a troll that is so used to loosing year in and out that you will sit here and try to immortalize a Mediocre team and Qb to make yourself feel good. Think the Pat or their fans celebrate after they beat the Bills yesterday? You are the classic looser Jet fan! So used to loosing that you don't even know how winners act! You would go to A/C and win 5 bucks on the slots and start screaming like a girl!

14. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

FOURTHANDLONG and 3rdAnd15Draw posting basically the same comments hmm...:breakdance:

On a serious note, when a win means nothing to you, then why the hell are you a fan?

#134 RDriven3, Sep 24, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  15. Hobbes3259

How so? Palmer has a better arm.

Pennington has better ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

no denying either statement.

16. blevins

blevins New Member

Didn't Clemens play in that same PAT game going 5 of 10 , 50% completion rate) with 0 points and a QB rating in the 50's. But we are to believe that only he (not Chad with 14 points, 70+% copmpletion rate, and 130+ QB rating in the same game) could win against quality competition. Chad has beaten a lot of teams we weren't suppose to beat - countrary to what is being stated here as fact. How many wins were we "suppose" to have last year? Not close to the 10 Chad gave us: including one over the PATS.

17. Italian Seafood

Makes sense when you think about it. Run a draw on 3rd and 15 and you end up with 4th and long.

18. Hobbes3259

:lol: Post of the week!

19. FOURTHANDLONG

Because we both get it! The Chargers won 14 games last year what did they get? Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a chance to win a Sb not a happy dance after beating the Mighty Dolphins.

20. Italian Seafood

On that note, where was the mad bomber offense when Clemens came in? Our offense is our offense, we throw the same patterns when Clemens is in there. One time early in the Baltimore game he went long for McCairens and overthrew him. Aside from that he threw the same short and medium passes Chad throws, and let our WRs like Cotchery and Coles make plays. TD to Baker in the red zone, that's what we do.