Chads rush td and funky celebration

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYMagpies, Sep 23, 2007.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:grin: No prob, I didn't mean anything by it.

2. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Not only did Chad have a funky celebration ? but he did what he is famous for. Winning games that he should win in such a fashion that would make even the most novice fantasy owners wet.

Call me when he beats a 500 team.

3. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Just seen the TD on nfl.com The celebration is both awkward and awesome at the same time.

Imagine Goofy of Disney fame spiking a football and you get Chad Pennington.

4. ukjets

ukjets New Member

Probably worried that if he put too much zip into the spike that he might re-tear his shoulder (sarcasm)

In all seriousness think he managed the game really well and deserved the touchdown to shut up some of the idiot 'fans'

5. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

6. blevins

blevins New Member

The PATS and DOLPHINS are both solid defensively but Chad has looked very good against both. He has a record of 1-1 (I don't think anyone will beat the PATS this year unless injuries slow them) against them and the following stats:
    Passing___________________________________Rushing_______Fumbles
    G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
    2_2_31_43_72.1_291_6.8 _4_0_5_39__121.4__5__2__0.4_1__0__0
    Only in NY would there a QB controversy when the starter is playing this well.

#26 blevins, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  7. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Great to see him play the way he did today. He deserves all our support.

8. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I thought Pennington was rather unimpressive today. He made a few throws to keep drives moving and the points were there today but he certainly didn't "carve up" the Dolphins today like he usually does against terrible defenses.

9. blevins

blevins New Member

I don't think the FINS are considered a terrible defense. Offense is where they usually lose games: until they play against a _efense like the JETS. (I couldn't force myself to put a "d" in defense after listening to the 4th quarter today.)

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

Well, they've given up 30+ points 2 weeks in a row. It's hard to say how good the Dallas offense is since they're played 2 terrible defensive teams but we know the Jets offense isn't very good.

11. BlameTodd

BlameTodd Banned

Yes, we won, but let's not get crazy and start heaping unwarranted praise on Chad. We beat a terrible team that was missing their defensive anchor, at home, to avoid starting the season 0-3.

He threw the ball 22 times for 124 yards. I wouldn't call that great at all.

He did exactly what he's supposed to do; he MANAGED the game, giving us a chance to win. If he can't do that against a below average team, why start him? So please, let's refrain from over exuberance.

#31 BlameTodd, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  12. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Thank you.... I don't know what's up with the people on TGG, but everyone in my section at the game was saying the same thing.... Chad did what we expected, a good completion percentage, and no big mistakes, but nothing spectacular...

It was the same old deal as usual, and I really believe that if it weren't for Jones and a few real nice grabs by Cotchery, our offense would have been abysmal today. Chad made one nice throw (the fade to Coles), and that was about it.... Yes, he managed the game well, but against anyone but the shittiest of opponents, we're not good enough to win with a QB just 'managing' the game...

13. BlameTodd

BlameTodd Banned

Here's something to think about:

The Jets averaged only 1/2 yard more on their pass plays than Miami did on their run plays.

14. 3rdAnd15Draw

I mean, the Jets had 12 passing yards before that last drive of the half. And they probably would've went into the half with 12 passing yards if Miami didn't foolishly squib kick and give them great field position. Still, that was a well executed drive although he did get alot of help from his recievers.

The first scoring drive was set up by a terrible Dolphins punt and aided by penalities especially that ridiculous roughing the passer penalty on the Dolphins. The "big" play was a pass to Cotchery where he was open in the middle of the field for approximately 10 yards in any direction. And Chad threw a 2 yard TD pass, great.

The drive to open up the 2nd half was literally all runs, I believe Chad attempted his first pass on the 3rd down before they kicked the FG.

The last TD drive Pennington did make a nice play when he avoided the rush and his Coles in stride to pick up the first down on 3rd and 17. Easily his best play of the day. After that it was pretty much all runs again into the EZ.

Honestly, if Thomas Jones had ended up with all 3 of the Jets short TDs on the ground I wonder if people would perceive Chad's performance any differently.

It's great to get a win but I really saw nothing from Chad today that changed my mind from thinking that Clemens should be the QB for this team going forward.

15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

As a "pro" Chad guy I thought that played well today. Nothing spectacular, but then again I don't really think he was asked to do anything "special". Quite frankly I thought that the offense was rather bland today.

There were a ton on running plays on first and second down and Chad usually managed to get the first downs when needed. Whatever you want to call it Chad fulfilled what the CS had planned.

The Jets offense as a whole did enough to win the game without having to "open it up". The OL played reasonably well as did the rest of the offense. However, I don't think today's game will change anybody's minds in the great Chad / KC debate.

16. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

funky chadwick

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

In the two games Pennington has played, he has thrown for 4 TDs, no picks and has run for the only rushing TD the Jets have scored this year. While the Jets got a running game going on their last TD drive, he has carried this offense on his back last year and this year and is 11-7 doing it with no running game, no defense, and a patchwork OL.

18. BlameTodd

BlameTodd Banned

What exactly is Chad's upside?

19. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Exactly.... Now, I'm not trying to say Chad played poorly, because he didn't, but Jet fans here are making it out like he had a spectacular comeback performance, and the numbers (3 total TDs) might lead you to believe that.... But watching the game, it was clear Chad posed no threat to the defense when he dropped back to pass.

Like you said before, his YPA was pretty horrendous, despite his high completion percentage (which usually gives the YPA a nice boost).... If I recall correctly, it took a long time before we even averaged more than 3 and a half or 4 yards per passing attempt.... That's not good... at all....

His performance was what it was-- a good job of game management against a very, very, sub-par defense and with the support of a terrific running game...

And, like I said before, this team is not good enough to beat anyone but the worst in the league with a QB just managing the game...

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

The Dolphin defense was terrible against the run this year, not the pass. What more could Pennington have done today? The TD passes may have been short, but they were perfectly thrown. Also consider that he missed his first four passes, when he was clearly a little rusty. That means he threw three incomplete passes the rest of the game (15 for 18).

Other than those first four passes, I can't think of a bad play that he made.

The Jets had 9 possessions. In five in the first half, they scored two offensive TDs, one KOR and punted twice. In the second half, they were only stopped once, with three minutes left when they were trying to run out the clock. The looked bland because the defense sucked all day and in the second half the running game finally got going and there was no reason to throw the ball around with a two score lead. What more could Pennington have done today?????? I just don't understand what some of you guys want from this guy.