Jets-Dolphins Postgame Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Canadian, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Instead of making a million threads about what happened in today's game I thought maybe we could keep it in here. Of course there will be many threads about specific players, but we don't need 20 threads on "Jets sucked today" or "Wow the Jets were good today"

If this is a bad idea....well I tried:lol:

2. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Well the defense looked pretty bad, but Pennington and Jones looked solid, and most importantly we got the win! :beer:

3. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

Like any Jets win - Painful.

4. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Pennington was a leader out there, i know people want to see him throw it downfield but he makes good reads and finds the open man. Jones with his first 100+ rushing yards game for us, would of liked to see him score a TD but it wasnt to happen.

Heart still thumping from the end, but we got the win. The defense looked poor, giving up big yardage plays time after time. We need to bring more pressure.

5. JetsFanNC

JetsFanNC New Member

Shouldn't have ended up that close.

We have GOT to get better all around defensively.

The offense looked great though, good win!

6. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Alright, offense looked nice.

Defense looks Bungle-esque. terrible. Pathetic.

I was quite optimistic about this season even through the first two losses. But seriously, how are we going to win consistently with this defense?

7. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Congrats on the win today...

8. JetsFanNC

JetsFanNC New Member

The Dolphins ended up with over 420 yards, pathetic.

Ronnie Brown has been horrible this year, and he ran all over us.

9. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

The offense was encouraging, the defense was awful as usual. I really don't think we have that bad of a defense in terms of personnelle. We must be coaching poorly.

10. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Offense was fine, defense was horrible, that's about all there is to say. Thankfully we won the game. Make defense adjustments this wk then come out and wip the bills next wk.

11. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

jets fans are pathetic. its really starting to piss me off.

12. MandalayVA

MandalayVA New Member

The defense looked awful. And Mangini used to be a DC, go figure. I was happy to see Chad get some TDs even if he didn't throw for a gazillion yards and Thomas Jones have a solid day.

Oh--hi, all, I'm new. (waves)

13. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Coach didn't think there was a let down in the fourth. "I thought they did a good job executing," he said about the Dolphins' offense at the postgame press conference.

He also said there is a still alot of work to be done on defense including working on screens.

He's being VERY complimentary of chad right now.

14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

We have two below average linebackers in Hobson and Barton, who both missed a ton of tackles today. Robertson is worthless in the 3-4 and Coleman hasnt done anything special in the last 2 years. Personnel isnt really there. There is no real playmakers on this D except for Rhodes and Ellis occasionally. If we keep running this piece of crap 3-4, every no named running back will have 100+ yard days on this defense....

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

It's a win and that's what counts.

I think we saw two teams that aren't very good yet and we got very lucky with the run back or this could have gone either way. The coaching staff clearly still has to make a lot of adjustments on D. The linebackers over all don't look very good. Hopefully it's adjustments because if it's not we need a lot of pieces on D.

The O looked very good we even ran the ball up the middle behind the guards and McCariens actually cought a ball. Cotch continues to be the best player on our team. Jones runs very hard and it's nice to see he is the solid addition many thought he would be in the off season.

DBrick played a solid game at LT. Chad was outstanding running the O and the special teams actually had a plus game.

The Dolphins clearly are a team that is in complete transition under a new coach and sytem. They have some very talented players but the D looks like it's finally taking a step back. It could be the loss of Thomas who is a tremendous player but they looked almost lackadasical out there at times. It didn't look at all like the Dolphins D we usually face.

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Without Leon's return that game goes the other way.....that 4th quarter defense was awful....theybetter have gotten a blast.....

I dont thinkwe can beat Buffalo next week in Buffalo if the teamn plays that way.

17. MondayNightMiracles

I loved Jones energy at the end of the game, seeing him get all pumped up after some of his runs, was awesome, its good to know hes having fun as a Jet playing our rivals.
    Chad's Effort was great, But i still think were in the midst of a QB controversy.
    Cotchery is amazing! (as usual) But teams playing Coles tough also has alote to do with Cotchery's ability to get open, and Coles's sensitive ego doesnt get stroked for taking defenders off of other teammates.
    Good to see the O-line put together a good game.
    Our defense is horrible, whats up with our coaches on D? They need their midyear review now....
    :finssuck:

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I have to say that game reminded me A LOT of the first Dolphins game last year. Also a little of the first Buffalo game last season.

We won, the offense was good, the defense was patchy, but crumbled at the worst times. Again.

I wouldn't believe Mangini if he said he wasn't concerned.

19. FreemanMcNeil24

FreemanMcNeil24 New Member

remember the year we had a good D with Donnie Henderson...when we ran the 4-3 and had some of the same players we still have like ellis, robertson, vilma, barton, hobson, barrett, coleman.....can we go back to the 4-3 fuck our 3-4 we looked harrible on d....harrible

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

50% of that starting D line is gone.